Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443564 times)

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4605 on: May 02, 2018, 11:55:51 am »
I remember when the Pouges came through with Shane and it was $85 and I was floored
but felt it was a once in a lifetime kinda show, so I paid that
but I've purchased a half dozen that were that price or more in the last 12 months

but if I look at the last years tickets I've bought for IMP events...avg price is in the $65 range
(black cat/DC/RnR are still in the $20s)

Look at the 2012-2015 tickeyfly purchases...avg $35

pretty much doubled my avg show cost in just a few years
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4606 on: May 02, 2018, 12:41:49 pm »
Do you guys think your years of defending your stealing bands music with the clever excuse that “bands make all their money off touring” might have been a self-fulfilling prophecy punishment?
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4607 on: May 02, 2018, 12:51:17 pm »
Do you guys think your years of defending your stealing bands music with the clever excuse that “bands make all their money off touring” might have been a self-fulfilling prophecy punishment?

I thought the same thing except that music revenues and profits have returned to their peak.
27>34

gavroche

« Reply #4608 on: May 02, 2018, 12:54:26 pm »

Not to defend that position, because I think we should value music enough to pay for it.

Still, I think this is only a small part of it. But only in as much as giving tax reductions to corporations trickles down to workers - ie just a little bit. 

There is that kind of demand so they charge what they can get.  I don't think selling a couple more records would change that.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4609 on: May 07, 2018, 02:27:47 pm »
Incubus
8-12
FSS

natural Julian show right there.
I was moderately intrigued when they announced the Richmond date this morning but then I realized tickets were $76 and not, I dunno, like 1/3rd as much, and I LOLed for four minutes straight.

does anyone have a status report on Brandon Boyd's abs?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4610 on: May 08, 2018, 02:35:00 pm »
This news may be worthy of a thread creation dedicated to the woes, financial impact, etc. of Space's life. Julian?

I nominate the name: "Space Freely's Get Off My Lawn Thread"
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #4611 on: May 08, 2018, 03:37:24 pm »
This news may be worthy of a thread creation dedicated to the woes, financial impact, etc. of Space's life. Julian?

I nominate the name: "Space Freely's Get Off My Lawn Thread"

Ok, I have one that would theoretically go in that thread.

Normally when I go to dinner and a show with my wife, I commute home for an hour, pick up my daughter, greet the babysitter, and drive back into the city, park the car, and walk to meet her. That typically takes about two hours total. She just walks or rides Metro from her downtown office and meets me at the venue.

Today, our roles were reversed. She stayed home with our sick kid (because she was the one who had a work laptop handy at home while I did not), who was sick enough to miss school, but well enough to have a babysitter tonight. Hence, she will have the one hour (not two hour, since she's already home) commute/parking/walking. And I will have a 35 min walk.

However, she argued that I should come home on the train and drive into the city with her because it is the "thoughtful, togetherness thing to do, and I generally work harder than you." Hence, I don't catch a break and am stuck with the two hour commute. I say we'll have 5+ hours of togetherness at dinner and the show.

Am I being a douche in fighting her on this? Is she being a douche for arguing for what she's arguing for?

Also, yesterday was my birthday and I didn't ask for any physical gifts, the only thing I asked for was her to go to dinner and a show with me. So in essence this is my birthday present, in addition to the cupcakes and blow job (ok I guess those are physical but they're not costly). And for reasons that are too boring to explain, I also have an extended commute home already, tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:39:04 pm by Space Freely »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4612 on: May 08, 2018, 03:53:12 pm »
"and I generally work harder than you."
How often do these me vs. you type statements get thrown around in your marriage, just out of curiosity?
LVMH

« Reply #4613 on: May 08, 2018, 04:10:10 pm »
because it is the "thoughtful, togetherness thing to do,
IMO...when something like this gets thrown out there, you're screwed
slack

Yada

« Reply #4614 on: May 08, 2018, 04:25:59 pm »
To be honest, I'd tell my partner to go to hell (maybe not those exact words) if those were her expectations.

I'd also tell her to take an Uber so she didn't have to deal with trains/etc. but I'm assuming that doesn't fall into the Space/blowjob/ratio/cost/oz. budget.

hutch

« Reply #4615 on: May 08, 2018, 04:44:10 pm »
That is just nuts....she is crazy to think that

You should meet her at the restaurant...that is a no brainer to me but I have never walked a mile in your 👞

hutch

« Reply #4616 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:53 pm »
Oh and happy birthday!!! Not the big 5-0 but getting close?

vansmack

« Reply #4617 on: May 08, 2018, 05:09:09 pm »
Is the babysitter hot?
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #4618 on: May 08, 2018, 05:18:42 pm »
To be honest, I'd tell my partner to go to hell (maybe not those exact words) if those were her expectations.

I'd also tell her to take an Uber so she didn't have to deal with trains/etc. but I'm assuming that doesn't fall into the Space/blowjob/ratio/cost/oz. budget.

Not sure if you read it right, she's the one driving from home tonight.

And she has taken a taxi from work to meet me out before. I definitely know better than to say anything about what kind of transportation she takes.  ;)

Space Freely

« Reply #4619 on: May 08, 2018, 05:19:06 pm »
Oh and happy birthday!!! Not the big 5-0 but getting close?

Thanks. 51. Time flies.