Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443679 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »
So will the Kooks being doing their cover of FTP's biggest hit a part of their set?  And I thought this was the "indie" band that had two drummers in it...
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2011, 11:47:45 pm »
Wait wait wait! Kenny G is in the video for that song? I promise I had no clue when I made that comment.
احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:57 am »
Wait wait wait! Kenny G is in the video for that song? I promise I had no clue when I made that comment.

He was on SNL with them. Not kidding. Don't know about the video.
😐 🎶

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:20 am »
anyone else pleasantly surprised to see the magnetic fields at the club rather than a sit-down theater?

The new album sounds as though it will be more electronic like Holiday/Charm/Get Lost. More electronic = less acoustic = something that is easier to stand through? Maybe that also means we will get some Future Bible Heroes thrown in as well as more tracks from those three records.

Yeah, I'd prefer to see them standing, but I thought Stephin was pushing them into theaters wherever possible due to his tinnitus / irrational fear of applause.
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2011, 11:25:59 am »
Never heard of this foster band, did a youtube search and 48 million views?  sheesh.

Really?  They were all over the summer festival scene and did SNL a couple months ago (rather poorly I might add).  You would almost have to try NOT to have heard of them.

My ability to completely block out pop culture is astounding, even to me.

James Ford

« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:53 am »
Maybe you mistook them for MGMT? Both pretty generic.

I heard their hit on KEXP probably 10 times and assumed it was MGMT before the dj told me otherwise.

My college roommate was into Psychic TV, and all kinds of other weird shit that i don't remember, back in the the  late 80's. When I once name dropped "Michael Stipe" he had no clue who I was talking about.

Never heard of this foster band, did a youtube search and 48 million views?  sheesh.

Really?  They were all over the summer festival scene and did SNL a couple months ago (rather poorly I might add).  You would almost have to try NOT to have heard of them.

chaz

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2011, 04:14:35 pm »
Nope.  Have no idea what MGMT sounds like either.  Though I have heard of them.

I don't listen to fm radio or satellite radio.  And I watch very little TV, 90% of it Dvrd so i don't hear the ads. 

I heard their hit on KEXP probably 10 times and assumed it was MGMT before the dj told me otherwise.

My college roommate was into Psychic TV, and all kinds of other weird shit that i don't remember, back in the the  late 80's. When I once name dropped "Michael Stipe" he had no clue who I was talking about.

chaz

« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2011, 11:08:48 am »
In more late breaking news, I heard Mumford and Sons for the first time yesterday.

I don't listen to fm radio or satellite radio.  And I watch very little TV, 90% of it Dvrd so i don't hear the ads. 

wml7

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2011, 11:31:28 am »
wow  :o
In more late breaking news, I heard Mumford and Sons for the first time yesterday.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2011, 12:23:54 pm »
Coldplay added a second Verizon Center show: 7/9/12

that is the show i went for first, not knowing they had even added it until i got on.  never try first night first is my motto, no matter what day of the week each show is . . . even though sunday and monday concerts are usually not preferred.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2011, 02:40:25 pm »
Coldplay added a second Verizon Center show: 7/9/12

great news!  this significantly increases my chances of picking up cheap tickets the week of the show, should i decide to go.
<sig>

DotTheEyes

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2011, 12:21:39 pm »
I wonder if they will play the exact same set list both nights.  Probably.

I bought Sunday tickets before the second show was announced.

Yada

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:35 pm »
I wonder if they will play the exact same set list both nights.  Probably.

I bought Sunday tickets before the second show was announced.

100% yes.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2011, 02:16:27 pm »
Well, slap my ass and call me sally... The black keys don't have any tickets available at the Verizon Center and sold out MSG.

I'm sure tickets are still available for both and will be released sporadically, but this blows my mind.

I take it back... tickets are still available just like I suspected!! No one is slappin' my ass except maybe Walkie.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2011, 08:52:48 pm »

Alien....Blade Runner...you obviously have a thing for Ridley Scott.  So what's your opinion on this one?:

Brian