Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443736 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »
So true about the Shins being the James Mercer Band. Not really sure who/what the Shins are anymore, but they've always been more miss than hit in concert anyway. I'll check out their records, but I'm done with them as a live band.

i am gay and i like cats

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/04/19/music-artists-turning-to-satanic-imagery-to-drum-up-controversy-sales-experts/?intcmp=features

god i love fox news.  we needed a new tipper to emerge.

Speaking of Tipper.... Did anyone mention that she sat-in with Mickey the other night?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »
saw her just as she was finished with the song and hugging mickey.  i was like "aww, i was dancing too much to pay attention to the stage."   ;D    still can't get over how awesome that show was!  there was one point where hart took the audience to outer space . . . and i swear it sounded as if the knife had sat in for the song.  incredible! 

plus the old rasputin beer in the tiny cups . . . was super cute.

eltee

« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2012, 03:42:26 pm »
sticking this in here since more regulars visit this thread...anyone remember which (semi long time) boardie was looking for an Andrew Bird ticket? I recall a comment looking for three different show tickets - one being Andrew Bird. I think the person posted in Just Announced...I tried to search. Anyhow, mine is for sale (1) and I wanted to seek out a boardie before posting in x-change. (already posted in craigslist - face+fees). thx.

imbecile

« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:09 am »
Re:  Modest Mouse being boring live

Vas - I believe we had the same Modest Mouse progression.  I really liked them in college (97-00), but then realized they were horribly boring live and stopped seeing them.  Still listened to the music and liked it, but stopped going to see them live.  Then saw them open for REM and caught their last tour.  Maybe it was the influx of Johnny Marr or something, but they I thought they were actually pretty decent live now (or atleast they were - last club show was what March/April 2009??).  Remains to be seen how they'll be now that he's gone again and more years have gone by.

I get your point that they are inherently a rather boring live band, but from relatively-recent experience they're no longer too boring too go see.  At least i hope not.

imbecile

« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:37 am »
Modest Mouse tickets were an easy grab.

Congrats.  It sucked for me.

The captcha or whatever just wouldn't show up properly for me, then when they finally disabled it (because it was obviously having issues) everything was gone.  Good times.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2012, 10:49:43 am »
whatever happened to that guy who sold posters, and posted on here.  i bought a few from him and thought they were awesome . . . and then i think something bizarro superman happened and he lurked away.  i ask because "eltee" reminded me of his name, but i can't think of that poster's name?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2012, 10:53:33 am »
nkotb . . . i have friends who are "interested" in this news about the smiths.  iforone do not get the smiths, but my friends in question hero worship them.  they feel the story actually going as far as to be printed, even though it was pitchfork, and then to be strong enough to force mister marr to quickly deny, too much to handle.

hutch

« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2012, 10:59:23 am »
whatever happened to that guy who sold posters, and posted on here.  i bought a few from him and thought they were awesome . . . and then i think something bizarro superman happened and he lurked away.  i ask because "eltee" reminded me of his name, but i can't think of that poster's name?

well, it was found out he was copying other people's designs... wasn't his name El Jefe?

hutch

« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2012, 11:00:37 am »
nkotb . . . i have friends who are "interested" in this news about the smiths.  iforone do not get the smiths, but my friends in question hero worship them.  they feel the story actually going as far as to be printed, even though it was pitchfork, and then to be strong enough to force mister marr to quickly deny, too much to handle.

sometimes when these stories come out and are denied it just means they are in the negotiation phase with promoters.. that is, as I recall, how it happened with the Stone Roses....

I love the Smiths but can't get excited about this reunion for some reason.

wml7

« Reply #251 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:38 am »

sometimes when these stories come out and are denied it just means they are in the negotiation phase with promoters.. that is, as I recall, how it happened with the Stone Roses....

I love the Smiths but can't get excited about this reunion for some reason.

are you crazy man?  this will be huge, get your mopey eyes ready  ;D

killsaly

« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:20 am »

well, it was found out he was copying other people's designs... wasn't his name El Jefe?
He is still around.
http://www.eljefedesign.com/

eltee

« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2012, 03:50:48 pm »
Rhett, re: Birchmere water - the last time I was there they had free pitchers of tap water on the tables.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:03 pm »
tap water.  good god man, are you crazy.  and i bet no lemons either.