Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443534 times)

eltee

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2012, 03:55:02 pm »
they have lemons, probably not organic*.
I said tap water for Rhett's benefit*, figuring there would be a comment if not stipulated.
(really hovering my comments this week walkon.. :o)

i am gay and i like cats

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:18 am »
i like this thread.

"Having seen dinosaur jr before lou barlow rejoined the band and j mascis solo I have to say the reunited dinosaur jr was 100 times worse."  - atomicfront  (sorry . . . i suck at copying and pasting in here and could not make it all pretty and real)

thank you.  one hundred percent.  nailed it.  j kicked their ass out of the fold the first time for a reason.  they suck.  with them, j has to pull the weight.  he does it out of the fact that he elevated himself after his ammachi awakening to a point of sharing.  its ok.  i appreciate.  j and fog ruled.  j solo ruled.  dinosaur's last two albums, damn right ruled.  j playing at the kennedy center . . . fucking ruled. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:51:17 am by walkonby »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2012, 07:27:38 pm »
before i attempt to clear off my lawn for the umpteeth time this year...

is it just me or are the artists/music that are rocketing up the charts these days just incredible lame.   these acts seemingly out of nowhere are suddenly headlining Merriweather.  I listen to the Gotye album on spotify and it's just sounds like a incredible lame 80s album and yet it's all the buzz apparently.  Is this the effect of American Idol and Glee?  Seriously Phil Collins solo output is more interesting this nonsense... Oh well dude must be cute or something....

T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2012, 07:41:46 pm »

is it just me or are the artists/music that are rocketing up the charts these days just incredible lame.   these acts seemingly out of nowhere are suddenly headlining Merriweather.  I listen to the Gotye album on spotify and it's just sounds like a incredible lame 80s album and yet it's all the buzz apparently.  Is this the effect of American Idol and Glee?  Seriously Phil Collins solo output is more interesting this nonsense... Oh well dude must be cute or something....

It's because Ashton Kutcher likes him, and he's the boss of all mainstream pop culture.
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »
I've never heard his hit song.
احمد

K8teebug

« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57:33 am »
No idea who he is or if he's a he.

Merriweather has nothing exciting this year.  sad.  I guess the Beach Boys?  eh.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:34 am »
Gotye is a guy and supposedly a drummer. The song features a xylophone hook. Single beater, with a gliss. Few things are as dorky.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:13 am »
Gotye is a guy and supposedly a drummer. The song features a xylophone hook. Single beater, with a gliss. Few things are as dorky.

oh, i know what's dorkier than a song with a xylophone hook: an online pundit who dissects xylophone hooks ;D
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2012, 11:57:48 am »

I like Goyte.  I also think Foster the People and Florence the Machine are concerts well worth attending.   As for Phil Collins his solo stuff wasn't bad it was his stuff with Genesis that was so awful.  Even more so when that other dude was the singer.  But I have to admit the rest of the Merriweather calendar isn't very exciting.   

If anyone cares Goldstar is selling discounted tickets to the Beach Boy and Scorpion shows.  Looks maybe around half price.  Guess those shows aren't selling well.  I would attend the Beach Boys show but alas I have an out of town bachelor party that day.   

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2012, 12:22:06 pm »
 As for Phil Collins his solo stuff wasn't bad it was his stuff with Genesis that was so awful.  Even more so when that other dude was the singer. 

Well, we certainly wouldn't be competing for the same ticket stock.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

oh, i know what's dorkier than a song with a xylophone hook: an online pundit who dissects xylophone hooks ;D

Yep. If only the player had used beater pairs. He/she could have played chords and skipped the fucking glisses. Or played a marimba or vibe, both of which are way cooler.
😐 🎶

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »
Gotye

He's pretty much the Edwyn Collins of his generation.  That's all you need  to know. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »

Yep. If only the player had used beater pairs. He/she could have played chords and skipped the fucking glisses. Or played a marimba or vibe, both of which are way cooler.

i look forward to meeting you in person some day, but if you ever start a "once, in bandcamp" story i am outta there.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2012, 04:43:28 pm »
Gotye

He's pretty much the Edwyn Collins of his generation.  That's all you need  to know. 

That is quite a compliment.  As Edwyn Collins's band Orange Juice along with the band Aztec Camera basically created the indie rock genre.