Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443601 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #405 on: November 14, 2012, 12:05:22 pm »
I got no tickets!!!!  Even though  was in at 10:00 exactly again.  And tried until 10:05.  2 more days of trying  I suppose. 

eros

« Reply #406 on: November 14, 2012, 01:15:10 pm »
Got 2 floors.  Guess I was lucky (for once).
ʎɐʍou

hutch

« Reply #407 on: November 14, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »
My most vivid YLT show memory was seeing them in Cologne Germany the night Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode tried to commit suicide, and hearing Ira make a joke about it.

Of course, I could have heard it wrong, he wasn't speaking the native language.

Yo La Tengo
2-15

after waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too long I hope to catch this.. last show I saw was them on their acoustic seated show for and then nothing turned... or what have you... I was not impressed with that show but dont know how I could have gone over a decade not seeing them

well Ira can be pretty sarcastic..but I'm not following you... He was speaking german?

betao

« Reply #408 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:45 am »
still cant get any floors for Sigur Ros.

pulled seats, but i'm only settling for floors.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #409 on: November 15, 2012, 11:07:16 am »
was that a presale?

try tomorrow during regular sale.

(_|_)

atomicfront

« Reply #410 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:33 am »

I got seats.  5th row on the side.  I don't know what the best seats are for this arena.  I didn't want GA tickets so I am pretty happy with the selection. 

atomicfront

« Reply #411 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:57 am »
was that a presale?

try tomorrow during regular sale.

It was the second pre-sale.

betao

« Reply #412 on: November 15, 2012, 11:13:25 am »
it was the IMP presale. regular onsale is tomorrow 10am.

atomicfront

« Reply #413 on: November 15, 2012, 11:18:29 am »
Does anyone know if the Magnetic Fields are playing the same songs as they did at their tour earlier this year?  If they are playing different songs than the ones they played at the 930 club earlier this year  I would want to go to the show this weekend. Otherwise I would pass.

Setlist.fm has not set-lists up for the fall tour.

atomicfront

« Reply #414 on: November 15, 2012, 11:25:56 am »
Does anyone know if the Magnetic Fields are playing the same songs as they did at their tour earlier this year?  If they are playing different songs than the ones they played at the 930 club earlier this year  I would want to go to the show this weekend. Otherwise I would pass.

Setlist.fm has not set-lists up for the fall tour.

I found a setlist.  Same songs in the same order is there April show at the 930 club.  Lame.

Staralfur25

« Reply #415 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:53 am »
happy that i got tickets. bummed that they are way in the back. womp womp.  

Darth Ed

« Reply #416 on: November 15, 2012, 12:40:38 pm »
Ugh, I loaded up the Ticketmaster page a few seconds after 10:00am, entered the IMP presale password, and it tells me the password is wrong. I ended up entering the IMP presale password into the Fan Club presale input box 3 times before I realized it was the wrong box. I didn't realize it was the wrong box at first because the IMP presale inputs didn't show up on the web page until I reloaded after my third attempt. That sucked. Pulled up a seat in section 109, but I didn't want that section. I tried like 5 or 6 more times and kept getting the same damn seat. I wish Ticketmaster wouldn't do that. If I release a seat, I clearly want a different seat; stop giving me the same one over and over again. Finally pulled up row B in section 102 and settled for that. I really wanted either sections 101 or 116 or floor.

atomicfront

« Reply #417 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:58 pm »
Ugh, I loaded up the Ticketmaster page a few seconds after 10:00am, entered the IMP presale password, and it tells me the password is wrong. I ended up entering the IMP presale password into the Fan Club presale input box 3 times before I realized it was the wrong box. I didn't realize it was the wrong box at first because the IMP presale inputs didn't show up on the web page until I reloaded after my third attempt. That sucked. Pulled up a seat in section 109, but I didn't want that section. I tried like 5 or 6 more times and kept getting the same damn seat. I wish Ticketmaster wouldn't do that. If I release a seat, I clearly want a different seat; stop giving me the same one over and over again. Finally pulled up row B in section 102 and settled for that. I really wanted either sections 101 or 116 or floor.

I am not sure about all the seats here but wouldn't 109 be better than 101 or 116?  I would think that the view would be at a severe angle.  And certainly 102 should be better than 101? 

Darth Ed

« Reply #418 on: November 15, 2012, 02:59:35 pm »
I am not sure about all the seats here but wouldn't 109 be better than 101 or 116?  I would think that the view would be at a severe angle.  And certainly 102 should be better than 101? 

Have you been to the Patriot Center before? Just curious.

Yes, the angle is "severe", but 101 and 116 are right next to the stage. The front row of 101 is like 10 feet from the stage. In my experience, the view is better there than most of the floor, except in the very front. I just saw Peter Gabriel at the Patriot Center, and I was in row B of the section right next to the stage, and the view was fantastic and a lot cheaper than the floor seats, most of which were over twice as far from the stage than me.

To each his/her own, but I'd rather be closer than be worried about the angle.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:01:15 pm by Darth Ed »

atomicfront

« Reply #419 on: November 15, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

Have you been to the Patriot Center before? Just curious.

Yes, the angle is "severe", but 101 and 116 are right next to the stage. The front row of 101 is like 10 feet from the stage. In my experience, the view is better there than most of the floor, except in the very front. I just saw Peter Gabriel at the Patriot Center, and I was in row B of the section right next to the stage, and the view was fantastic and a lot cheaper than the floor seats, most of which were over twice as far from the stage than me.

To each his/her own, but I'd rather be closer than be worried about the angle.

I haven't been there for a while.  I think the last show was the Cure back in the early 90's. And before that the Cult/Lenny Kravitz.  I don't really remember much about configuration that is why I asked.  I know I don't want to be on the floor as it is flat and I don't think that makes a good viewing experience.