Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443522 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #510 on: December 11, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »
Is the fillmore that bad?  I haven't been there yet.

no its not that bad.. good sound and sight lines are fine

they just haven't been booking much good stuff..

and its is a very corporate live nation ticketmaster venue

i guess "good" is just an opinion.  As I like the stuff they have currently booked a lot better than Queens of Stone Age.

hutch

« Reply #511 on: December 11, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

i guess "good" is just an opinion.  As I like the stuff they have currently booked a lot better than Queens of Stone Age.

well if you like cover bands you should check out the State Theatre

;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #512 on: December 11, 2012, 09:56:45 pm »

*smacks forehead*
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #513 on: December 11, 2012, 11:06:02 pm »

Tell your friend that he's completely stupid. Rush is one of the most influential bands ever. They influenced pretty much every progressive rock and metal band that came after them. The individual members of Rush even influenced the playing of people of the same instrument who aren't even in progressive bands. From a drummers perspective I can tell you that 99% of rock and metal drummers worship Neil Peart as one of the drum gods. Check out their documentary "Beyond the Lighted Stage", there is a section that has guys like Kirk Hammet, Sebastian Bach, Billy Corgan, Les Claypool, Mike Portnoy, Vinnie Paul, Taylor Hawkins and a bunch of other guys from famous rock and metal bands all talk about how they were influenced by Rush in some way.

atomicfront

« Reply #514 on: December 12, 2012, 10:35:40 am »

Tell your friend that he's completely stupid. Rush is one of the most influential bands ever. They influenced pretty much every progressive rock and metal band that came after them. The individual members of Rush even influenced the playing of people of the same instrument who aren't even in progressive bands. From a drummers perspective I can tell you that 99% of rock and metal drummers worship Neil Peart as one of the drum gods. Check out their documentary "Beyond the Lighted Stage", there is a section that has guys like Kirk Hammet, Sebastian Bach, Billy Corgan, Les Claypool, Mike Portnoy, Vinnie Paul, Taylor Hawkins and a bunch of other guys from famous rock and metal bands all talk about how they were influenced by Rush in some way.

Neil Peart writes their stupid lyrics.  Original drummer was better as he didn't write such stupid lyrics.

atomicfront

« Reply #515 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:03 am »

*smacks forehead*

So you don't like Wale, Roots, Ellie Guilding, and Flogging Molly?  They have all had albums that were as high on the charts as Queens of the Stone Age's best effort.  So really I don't know where you are coming from.  Other than you like stuff they play on mainstream rock radio.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:05 am »

*smacks forehead*

So you don't like Wale, Roots, Ellie Guilding, and Flogging Molly?  They have all had albums that were as high on the charts as Queens of the Stone Age's best effort.  So really I don't know where you are coming from.  Other than you like stuff they play on mainstream rock radio.
QOTSA worst effort > Wale, The Roots, Ellie Goulding, & Flogging Molly combined

Wale's first album was a flaming fucking failure and his 2nd album he abandoned the sound he made his name on to make money.

Queens is hardly ever played on "mainstream rock radio" btw. Also, fuck 90% of the shit played on the radio. Every now and then they get something right then they run it into the fucking ground.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2012, 12:28:09 pm »

*smacks forehead*

QOTSA worst effort > Wale, The Roots, Ellie Goulding, & Flogging Molly combined

Wale's first album was a flaming fucking failure and his 2nd album he abandoned the sound he made his name on to make money.

Queens is hardly ever played on "mainstream rock radio" btw. Also, fuck 90% of the shit played on the radio. Every now and then they get something right then they run it into the fucking ground.

that is just your opinion man.  I don't care for queens of stone age.  Boring mainstream rock. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2012, 12:30:13 pm »
Mumford & Sons have more songs played on the radio than Queens Of The Stone Age.

Every Mumford & Sons song sounds exactly the fucking same.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:20 pm »
i hate opinions . . . go away.

K8teebug

« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2012, 12:40:30 pm »
i hate opinions . . . go away.

ha.

I don't understand the Mumford and Sons obsession.

atomicfront

« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2012, 04:13:20 pm »
Mumford & Sons have more songs played on the radio than Queens Of The Stone Age.

Every Mumford & Sons song sounds exactly the fucking same.

You seem to be a expert of what is played on the radio. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2012, 04:45:13 pm »
could we please not clog up Just Announced with your inane opinions of museums and associated travel plans?  thx.

So you prefer to clog it up with post like these which add nothing?

clearly the children need to be reminded to behave.  i was hoping that one "STFU" post would prevent a further flood of useless drivel...  your reply proved me wrong, the mental diarrhea continues. 

talk about childish reasoning: "could you folks please stop talking?" "oh yeah?!?  we you just had to talk to make that request, so there!!!111"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:46:44 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2012, 05:44:11 pm »
could we please not clog up Just Announced with your inane opinions of museums and associated travel plans?  thx.

So you prefer to clog it up with post like these which add nothing?

clearly the children need to be reminded to behave.  i was hoping that one "STFU" post would prevent a further flood of useless drivel...  your reply proved me wrong, the mental diarrhea continues. 

talk about childish reasoning: "could you folks please stop talking?" "oh yeah?!?  we you just had to talk to make that request, so there!!!111"

well there was a post after yours which agreed with you.  So you had two posts that provided nothing.  And the posts were about the rock n roll hall of fame.  Which is worth a visit if you are ever in cleveland.

And we are not your children.  going up to people who are having a conversation in public and tell them to stfu and see what happens. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2012, 06:52:24 pm »
it's the "just announced" thread for upcoming shows, not the "things to visit when in cleveland" or "why rush sucks" thread.
<sig>