Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443640 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #585 on: January 04, 2013, 01:58:45 pm »
dude, just ask Seth on the Hey Seth thread or STFU....its quite a charge you're making..essentially accusing IMP of having a fake presale and getting the tickets to resellers..

my guess is it was a legit presale as if they didn't want to have a presale they didn't need to have one, right?... with the numbers of resellers out there with dozens of computers or what have you, each, hitting a presale its very easy for it to sell out in 1/10th of a second.

I didn't say it was IMP doing it.  And it is on 930 club facebook.  there are 65 replies on there saying it is bogus.  How many times have you seen that?  I am sure Seth is more likely to pay attention to facebook than this message board. 

If it is an IMP event then the responsible party is IMP.

You should bring it to Seth's attention..even direct message him.. instead of posting unsubstantiated speculation.

hutch

« Reply #587 on: January 04, 2013, 03:31:00 pm »
interview from stubhub president:

http://evolver.fm/2011/04/04/stubhub-says-artists-promoters-venues-and-fans-not-scalpers-cause-price-inflation-and-ticket-shortages/

dude that is crusty bread.... we went through all that during the ticket sales for LCD Soundsystem's "last" concert at MSG.

The issue is that if you're saying that there was no presale then that is quite a charge. or that IMP is funneling tickets directly to resellers...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #588 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:05 pm »
i like this arguement better that the gun one . . . i think ratbastard should get in here stat and say what he has to say.

hey rat . . . yes i will contact you back via email.  been busy!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #589 on: January 04, 2013, 05:03:57 pm »
All I'm going to say is...if this was a Pixies show, the outrage would be unanimous and snark free.

atomicfront

« Reply #590 on: January 04, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »
It appears that on a lot of these general on-line music sites people don't like bands that get popular too quickly.  Why is that? Is it because the masses knew about the band before they did?   Seems pretty weird to choose music to like based on what other people think of it as you are the one listening to it. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #591 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:52 pm »
everybody thinks "their" band is their band . . . like a member of the family.  they want what is best for them.  like football teams.  everybody wants to feel involved in something as if the opinions they hold dear will be noticed and taken seriously.  i myself never wanted phish to get bigger than a bar band that played great music to smoke pot too, then look at them.  sort of ruined them in a way.

Yada

« Reply #592 on: January 04, 2013, 05:40:23 pm »
everybody thinks "their" band is their band . . . like a member of the family.  they want what is best for them.  like football teams.  everybody wants to feel involved in something as if the opinions they hold dear will be noticed and taken seriously.  i myself never wanted phish to get bigger than a bar band that played great music to smoke pot too, then look at them.  sort of ruined them in a way.

I disagree... Phish just happened to throw the best party in the US the other night.

What atomicfront is missing here is that ANY band that's extremely popular tends to sell out in mere seconds whether they're playing a 20k venue or a 500 person venue. I consider myself very ticket savvy, quite lucky in scoring tickets, etc. and had zero luck in getting my dad tickets to the Clapton Crossroads Festival at MSG in April. Literally every ticket in the venue was gone in less than a minute.

hutch

« Reply #593 on: January 04, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
This has nothing to do with the Lumineers...

Shows sell out quickly these days... The idea that IMP made up a presale only to then funnel the tickets to the scalpers is simply not substantiated.

I mean lets think realistically... they are playing DAR right? The capacity is what? 4000 at most?

500 are probably holds of different sorts... how many of the 3500 tickets left would have been available for the presale? 1000 tops?
1000 tikcets is essentially 500 people as 99% of people buy by the pair cause they are terrified of going to a show "alone"... scalpers will generally only buy by the pair cause otherwise they are hard to resell.

500 peopple is nothing.. with all the ticket reselling agencies, private resellers(scalpers).. people trying to get ticckets its not  hard to imagine that 500 people would have beaten Atomicfront to the punch no matter how fast he was.. also many reselling agencies will have really high speed lines and will therefore  be even faster than self anointed ticket kung fu expert Atomicfront-san

Unfortunately, Atomicfront's explanation is that those tickets were never on sale and were given to resellers directly in order to get even more money than the face value.

(I do assume the Lumineers suck since Atomicfront likes them but thats not germane..)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #594 on: January 04, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »
the Lumineers don't suck per say, they are as the story Van linked to, the fast food/chain restaurants  of folk/rock bands.   their single is quite catchy, i will get them that, but the rest of it to me is more unbearable than Bright Eyes.  and the song about submarines ho boy....
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #595 on: January 04, 2013, 06:07:00 pm »

Shows sell out quickly these days... The idea that IMP made up a presale only to then funnel the tickets to the scalpers is simply not substantiated.

I mean lets think realistically... they are playing DAR right? The capacity is what? 4000 at most?

500 are probably holds of different sorts... how many of the 3500 tickets left would have been available for the presale? 1000 tops?
1000 tikcets is essentially 500 people as 99% of people buy by the pair cause they are terrified of going to a show "alone"... scalpers will generally only buy by the pair cause otherwise they are hard to resell.

500 peopple is nothing.. with all the ticket reselling agencies, private resellers(scalpers).. people trying to get ticckets its not  hard to imagine that 500 people would have beaten Atomicfront to the punch no matter how fast he was.. also many reselling agencies will have really high speed lines and will therefore  be even faster than self anointed ticket kung fu expert Atomicfront-san

Unfortunately, Atomicfront's explanation is that those tickets were never on sale and were given to resellers directly in order to get even more money than the face value.

(I do assume the Lumineers suck since Atomicfront likes them but thats not germane..)

3700 capactiy.  My point is no one got any tickets other than singles.  What shows do you go to that not a single person has said they got a pair of tickets?  No one on the Lumineers facebook said they have.  1000 tickets currently on stubhub.  I looked at the sold and there are probably around 200 sold on stubhub today.  So that is 1200.  Look at all the tickets on EBay.  Mostly from the same couple of companies. So say another 200 on ebay already.  so 1400 out of 3700 tickets on main two scalping sites already.  I am sure more will be added.   That is 37 percent of all tickets in day one.  

Why are you so against the possibility of the tickets not being available at pre-sale? Stubhub says that is where most of the tickets come from.  Me being beat is one thing but every fan getting beat?  Come on. And for people to beat me on Wednesday they would have had to use a computer but when a lot of computer traffic hits the page it slows down considerably like it did today.  Yesterday there was no slowness.  

And there was also a fan pre-sale.  Everyone on facebook says they got shut out of the fan pre-sale, the regular sale, and the imp pre-sale.  And I have gotten shut out plenty of times.  But never have i heard where everyone was shut out.  And I am slow plenty of times.  I wasn't slow yesterday. page loaded instantly at 10:00:00.  Pasted in presale hit enter.  Image came up instantly.  type in image code instantly as it was easy to recognize.  no delay anywhere.  When i looked at my clock it was 20 seconds after 10 but expect there to be delay from me going down to my clock and clicking the time so it was less than 20 seconds.  

You won't believe anything because you are agumentative.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #596 on: January 04, 2013, 06:13:50 pm »
you should have tried to get phish reunion hampton tickets.  a three day show, at the mega mothership, all sold individually, at the same time, and all were gone in less than two minutes.  i was offered $600 for my one night tickets at the venue.  he showed me the 6 one hundred dollar bills and told me he would give me $2000 for all three right there.  people and their tickets.

atomicfront

« Reply #597 on: January 04, 2013, 06:15:27 pm »
the Lumineers don't suck per say, they are as the story Van linked to, the fast food/chain restaurants  of folk/rock bands.   their single is quite catchy, i will get them that, but the rest of it to me is more unbearable than Bright Eyes.  and the song about submarines ho boy....

yeah but every band that is popular instantly after first album is released they are super negative about: Mumford and Sons, Killers, Keane, Coldplay, Of Monsters and Men, Foster the People.  If you playing big venues shortly after your debut there is this attitude toward them.

Look at Radiohead.  somehow they got around it and instead of saying they suck people say oh their first album sucked.  Nevermind it is better than their last 3 albums.  

atomicfront

« Reply #598 on: January 04, 2013, 06:18:48 pm »
you should have tried to get phish reunion hampton tickets.  a three day show, at the mega mothership, all sold individually, at the same time, and all were gone in less than two minutes.  i was offered $600 for my one night tickets at the venue.  he showed me the 6 one hundred dollar bills and told me he would give me $2000 for all three right there.  people and their tickets.

If someone offered me 600 for any bands tickets I would probably sell them on the spot.  I can't imagine a show I would see for that much money. 

hutch

« Reply #599 on: January 04, 2013, 06:19:13 pm »

3700 capactiy.  My point is no one got any tickets other than singles.  What shows do you go to that not a single person has said they got a pair of tickets?  No one on the Lumineers facebook said they have.  1000 tickets currently on stubhub.  I looked at the sold and there are probably around 200 sold on stubhub today.  So that is 1200.  Look at all the tickets on EBay.  Mostly from the same couple of companies. So say another 200 on ebay already.  so 1400 out of 3700 tickets on main two scalping sites already.  I am sure more will be added.   That is 37 percent of all tickets in day one.  

Why are you so against the possibility of the tickets not being available at pre-sale? Stubhub says that is where most of the tickets come from.  Me being beat is one thing but every fan getting beat?  Come on. And for people to beat me on Wednesday they would have had to use a computer but when a lot of computer traffic hits the page it slows down considerably like it did today.  Yesterday there was no slowness.  

And there was also a fan pre-sale.  Everyone on facebook says they got shut out of the fan pre-sale, the regular sale, and the imp pre-sale.  And I have gotten shut out plenty of times.  But never have i heard where everyone was shut out.  And I am slow plenty of times.  I wasn't slow yesterday. page loaded instantly at 10:00:00.  Pasted in presale hit enter.  Image came up instantly.  type in image code instantly as it was easy to recognize.  no delay anywhere.  When i looked at my clock it was 20 seconds after 10 but expect there to be delay from me going down to my clock and clicking the time so it was less than 20 seconds.  

You won't believe anything because you are agumentative.  

The people who go on Facebook and these places are always the people who are ticked off.. moreover, not everyone goes to these websites.. you think the resellers who most likely got a very nice chunk of the presale tickets go on those websites to talk about how they did at the presale?

You don't seem to understand that there are ticcket reselling agencies all over the US that have dozens upon dozens of terminals and will hit up these presales and onsales and then simply unload the tickets on the secondary market. THey don't go around posting "HEY! I GOT GREAT SEATS!"

Like I said, ask Seth what the deal is... I think he's a straight up guy.. I don't believe they're placing tickets with resellers and putting on fake presales!