Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443460 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #810 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:14 pm »
Scott Weiland
The Howard
3-11
"Scott will perform the Stone Temple Pilots albums Purple and Core in their entirety."

wonder how the rest of the band feels? I thought the band was going to do a 20th anniversary Purple tour...

tickets are $39.50 in advance and $45 at the door....not exactly cheap.

Heroin isn't cheap. 

hutch

« Reply #811 on: February 07, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »
I think Slash is right and Weiland has been fired from Stone Temple Pilots.....

Vas Deferens

« Reply #812 on: February 08, 2013, 02:50:04 pm »
ignore the troll, hutch!
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #813 on: February 08, 2013, 02:53:05 pm »
ignore the troll, hutch!

yes yes I must be stronger.......

back to the drawing board for me.

anyways i bought a ticket to the sweetlife thing.. can't believe i bought a vip ticket....$169 all included...  it better be incredible.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #814 on: February 11, 2013, 11:43:28 pm »
The Feelies
3-27

almost surely there goes my trek to the Ottobar...

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Presents
The Feelies
Wed 3/27
7:00 pm
This event is 21 and over
A Beer-Music-Mash-Up fit for the craft brewers conference featuring a killer lineup of craft beer, the launch of Firefly Ale and a live performance by The Feelies. 21+ to enter.

I think I'll stick to the Ottobar.

really?  why?

i see a great band playing along with a good beer selection on offer at the bar.  at worse there might a 2-minute "speech" by a brewery rep touting the new beer.  no worse than a radio dj intro'ing the band and plugging his radio station, IMO.

are y'all afraid that this will be more about the beer than the band?  really?

or that this is a brewery conference related event, so the crowd won't be hipsterific enough?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #815 on: February 11, 2013, 11:53:30 pm »
The Feelies
3-27

The Feelies
Wed 3/27
A Beer-Music-Mash-Up fit for the craft brewers conference featuring a killer lineup of craft beer, the launch of Firefly Ale and a live performance by The Feelies. 21+ to enter.

really?  why?

i see a great band playing along with a good beer selection on offer at the bar.  at worse there might a 2-minute "speech" by a brewery rep touting the new beer.  no worse than a radio dj intro'ing the band and plugging his radio station, IMO.

or that this is a brewery conference related event, so the crowd won't be hipsterific enough?

honestly, I just thought it might cut into the band's time and the focus on the band..

and if anything i thought the crowd might be too hipsterish... ;D

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #816 on: February 12, 2013, 12:58:00 am »
The Feelies
3-27

The Feelies
Wed 3/27

really?  why?

honestly, I just thought it might cut into the band's time and the focus on the band..

and if anything i thought the crowd might be too hipsterish... ;D

I don't think we need to worry about it being too hipsterish.

But to echo Hutch, I think that it would detract from the show. I couldn't care less about the product since I'm a nondrinker but this reeks of a grown-up frat party, if such a thing exists.

More power to The Feelies, however. I don't know what their day jobs are but they and their family commitments are obviously important enough to limit their gigs to northeast weekends (sorry, rest of the world!). This gig probably pays enough for them to miss work in the middle of the week. Or maybe one of them is involved in the trade.
😐 🎶

atomicfront

« Reply #817 on: February 12, 2013, 11:22:16 am »
XX is headlining at MPP?  That seems like a terrible fit.  Their second album was awful and they are too mellow for a place that big.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #818 on: February 12, 2013, 11:42:49 am »
Had to look up the Dogfish/Feelies event to find out where it is. Hope against hope had me wondering if it was at their Rehoboth location as this side of the Bay is usually devoid of any worthwhile music. Of course, we lose out again.

On the other hand, for Kosmo:

Cliff Hillis has 2 shows coming up this month. You and Kosmette ought to take a little trek to the beach.

Friday Feb. 15th
8:00PM
Fager's Island
Ocean City, MD
Part of the Songwriters On The Bay event.

"Fager's Island and GoodCleanFunLife.com will host six of the Mid-Atlantic's finest songwriters and performers from multiple genres on the main stage. Nate Clendenen (Ocean City, MD), Blake Haley (Ocean City, MD), Cliff Hillis (Philadelphia, PA), Robert Mabe (Winchester, VA), Nancy Micciulla (Rehoboth Beach, DE), and Skribe (Annapolis, MD) will all be on the same stage sharing original songs, along with their favorite cover material, throughout the evening in a Dinner Theater setting. For fans of great rock, pop, country, blues, bluegrass, and folk music, this event is not to be missed. Come early, bring your family and friends, have dinner and watch the best gathering of independent songwriters for 200 miles in any direction. Admission is free and Fager's Island will be featuring food and drink specials all night."

Friday Feb. 22nd
10:00PM
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats
Rehoboth Beach, DE

bearman🐻

« Reply #819 on: February 12, 2013, 12:13:45 pm »
I adore the Feelies and applaud anything that gets them back at the 9:30 Club. And for the person who said that people who don't drink are boring, all I can say is that I'd rather deal with a sober person than an abusive alcoholic. I'm so happy I don't look at the world with such a miopic view.

K8teebug

« Reply #820 on: February 12, 2013, 12:17:02 pm »
My little sister was straight edge for a little while as a teen.  She got a tattoo reading "stright edge" in big letters across her stomach.

True Story.

hutch

« Reply #821 on: February 12, 2013, 12:26:16 pm »
Hemingway said he didn't trust anyone who didn't drink..

I think people who drink don't like to be around others who don't drink cause it makes them feel bad about drinking... Hemingway was an alcoholic

People who only can have "fun" when drinking naturally think if others don't drink they can't be fun...

atomicfront

« Reply #822 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:18 pm »
Hemingway said he didn't trust anyone who didn't drink..

I think people who drink don't like to be around others who don't drink cause it makes them feel bad about drinking... Hemingway was an alcoholic

People who only can have "fun" when drinking naturally think if others don't drink they can't be fun...

Why would I feel bad about drinking?? It is good for your health.  People who don't drink most likely had a parent who was an alcoholic or have some dumb religion that wants to control people by telling them what they can and can't do.

I can have fun without drinking.  But I don't go hang out with friends at a bar who are drinking and dont' drink that would just be annoying for me.  Pregnant women are the exception to the rule that people who dont' drink are boring. 

killsaly

« Reply #823 on: February 12, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »
Do you ever get tired of saying idiotic things, or does it amuse you? 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #824 on: February 12, 2013, 12:34:26 pm »
But I don't go hang out with friends at a bar who are drinking and dont' drink that would just be annoying for me.

You should check out this new thing called a "designated driver."
😐 🎶