Author Topic: Paul Simon Set Times  (Read 5351 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Paul Simon Set Times
« on: May 21, 2011, 01:12:47 pm »
Any rough idea on this show yet? The site says doors at 6, but what time will the show start? Any opener?

Also, cameras?

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: Paul Simon Set Times
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
No opener.  We plan on him hitting at 8:00 PM.  No pro cameras will be permitted.  No flash photography will be permitted.  No recording will be permitted.

Graceld99

ALL WILL-CALL FOR PAUL SIMON QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:44:41 pm »
Any advice for negotiating the will-call line? 
What time do you expect folks to really begin lining up at will-call?
By what time should we get in the will-call line to be able to get in by 8 p.m.?
What time does the parking lot open? 

This isn't one of those shows where the artist fee was so high your gonna keep people buying drinks for four+ hours before the artist comes on, is it? (Because that's when the crowd starts to get a little drunk, a little pushy, a little disgruntled (and my feet start to hurt!) and it becomes not as fun as hoped.)

Thanks for your advice!

hutch

Re: ALL WILL-CALL FOR PAUL SIMON QUESTION
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:46:49 pm »

This isn't one of those shows where the artist fee was so high your gonna keep people buying drinks for four+ hours before the artist comes on, is it? (Because that's when the crowd starts to get a little drunk, a little pushy, a little disgruntled (and my feet start to hurt!) and it becomes not as fun as hoped.)

930 doesnt do that..shows almost to a fault start exactly on time

A Girl Called Malice

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:10:19 pm »
Because the Paul Simon show is Will-Call only*, we're opening the doors earlier (at 6 PM) to make sure everyone can make it in before he hits the stage at 8 PM.  And don't fret - no need to go hungry if you're coming straight from work!  The kitchen will be open from 6 on, and you can order what thenewgay.net calls our "pretty damn good" food.  Even better, Heineken, Heineken Light and sodas are available at Happy Hour prices with a food purchase before the band goes on.  Finish with a 9:30 cupcake and it's dinner and a show as only 9:30 Club can do it.  We look forward to seeing you  - have a blast!

*Photo ID required to pick up tickets.  Name on ID must match name of ticket buyer/credit card used to purchase tickets. Tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE! One person attending the show MUST be the ticket purchaser. No will-call name changes. No advanced will-call pick up, night of show only.

di

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:34:26 pm »
So, if I bought these as a gift for a friend, there's no way for them to go instead of me? I thought it would be like a regular 9:30 Club sale, and a copy of my ID and the credit card used for purchase would satisfy the requirements. What if they had my actual ID?

Is the 6:00 time mentioned below the time the will-call window is opening, or is that going to be open at noon when the club opens?

tooms

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »
If the purchaser shows up at will call to get the two tix that were purchased, can he/she leave the other ticket for someone who's coming later.  Or do both people need to walk in the same time?  Thanks.

di

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
An email I got back from ticketfly:

"Unfortunately for this specific show there is no 3rd party pick up of tickets of any kind. The purchaser is the only one who can claim the tickets and they must enter the venue with their companion. The tickets can not be transferred. As a special event, the rules were stated explicitly on the purchase page. These were rules were set forth by Paul Simon himself, so there are no exceptions."

tooms

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »
thanks di, much appreciated.  I knew they sent out a note about it but couldn't find it.

Bagley

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:36:28 am »
what time does the parking lot open?

Deadacated

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 08:37:24 am »
An email I got back from ticketfly:

"Unfortunately for this specific show there is no 3rd party pick up of tickets of any kind. The purchaser is the only one who can claim the tickets and they must enter the venue with their companion. The tickets can not be transferred. As a special event, the rules were stated explicitly on the purchase page. These were rules were set forth by Paul Simon himself, so there are no exceptions."

There was NO mention of this policy when the tickets went on sale, at least not via the AMEX pre-sale.  This really stinks, and will force me to choose between the two friends for whom I bought the tickets. Totally unfair!

slustbader

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 02:47:28 pm »
Do we have to go immediately into the club after picking up our tickets, or could we pick up our tickets, grab dinner, and come back before 8?

Thanks,
Steve