Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 436560 times)

hutch

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »
How about beating the Yankees.  Once.

big bummer for sure... but the yankees are the yankees..

still, to have them come in to your house and take 3 of 3 is demoralizing...

i love davey johnson but i can't help but wonder about whether he didn't have them ready for the YANKEES.

K8teebug

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:41 am »
It would have been nice if you would have swept them for us Orioles fans.  We took 2 out of 3 from the Braves for you guys!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 09:26:34 am »
How about beating the Yankees.  Once.

big bummer for sure... but the yankees are the yankees..

still, to have them come in to your house and take 3 of 3 is demoralizing...

i love davey johnson but i can't help but wonder about whether he didn't have them ready for the YANKEES.
Even if the didn't they kept it close in most of the games, especially the 2nd game. It wasn't too deflating for me, but seeing almost everything the Nats hit end up in the Yanks gloves was super frustrating and stranding all those runners as well. I'd like to say we held our own, but we lost by multiple runs in each game. I don''t think this is the start of a downward spiral at all though, they've still won 7 of the last 10. Looking forward to see how they respond to that series against the Rays and O's.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 12:56:10 pm »
It would have been nice if you would have swept them for us Orioles fans.  We took 2 out of 3 from the Braves for you guys!

Lets call a spade a spade.

We don't like the Orioles and we have good reasons for it such as your owner keeping us from getting a team for a decade or screwing us on the TV revenue side in perpetuity.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 01:12:57 pm »
They should have won that second game.  I think it was Tyler Moore who was called out at home, while the replay showed he was safe.  The game should have ended 4-3 after 9, rather than 3-5 after 14.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 01:25:41 pm »
At least Lidge is finally gone.  How many games has that guy lost for the nats this year?

Look at the numbers for his career...he has a few good years, followed by a horrible year, followed by a few good ones and so on.  We got him in an off year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lidgebr01.shtml
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:31:29 pm by chaz »

hutch

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »
They should have won that second game.  I think it was Tyler Moore who was called out at home, while the replay showed he was safe.  The game should have ended 4-3 after 9, rather than 3-5 after 14.

This is true..but the Yankees always seem to get those breaks.. I think its kind of like a boxing fight when you take on the Yankees.. they're the Champ and you're the challenger and the challenger always has to do just a bit more than fair..a bit extra to get the win..

Not sure my analogy works but I'm sticking to it... :)

chaz

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 01:32:40 pm »

This is true..but the Yankees always seem to get those breaks.. I think its kind of like a boxing fight when you take on the Yankees.. they're the Champ and you're the challenger and the challenger always has to do just a bit more than fair..a bit extra to get the win..

Not sure my analogy works but I'm sticking to it... :)
I know yankees fans would agree.  They are entitled to those wins, because they are the YANKESS

James Ford

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 02:41:32 pm »
ONE

2012: 0-1, 2 SV, 9.64 ERA,

At least Lidge is finally gone.  How many games has that guy lost for the nats this year?

chaz

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 03:24:59 pm »
ONE

Bah.  W/L numbers don't tell the story, not even close. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 04:14:10 pm »
ONE

So Jordan Zimmerman has lost us 5 games? I know one is a starter and one is a closer, but if we're going by record here Zim has been effing screwed this year.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 04:27:23 pm »
ONE

9.64 ERA says it all, doesn't it? 

beu-bye.
<sig>

chaz

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2012, 04:28:34 pm »
this is a silly argument.  Anyone who has watching has seen Lidge, multiple times. come in during tight games (whether with a lead or not) and get blown up, putting the game out of reach.

I'm glad Rizzo can make a decisive move when something is not working out.

Zimmerman always gets screwed when it comes to run support.  Wins and losses don't always tell the whole story when it comes to pitching.

Starter's run support:

Stras - 6.9
Gio - 5.9
Zim - 4.9
Jackson - 4.3
Detweiler - 6.0

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:47:32 pm by chaz »

vansmack

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »
Lets call a spade a spade.

Ask Montreal how they feel about that.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »

And that's the problem.  People think you have to have a different mind set for when you play the Yankees.  And you don't - they're a baseball team just like everybody else.

If you're good, you play your game regardless of opponent and you'll win.  Those aren't my words either - that's Mike Scioscia's approach to the Yankees.  I'm pretty sure he's the only active coach with a winning record against the Yankees (minimum 25 games).
27>34