Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 436390 times)

snailhook

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 04:51:54 pm »
espinosa's numbers are actually really impressive for a rookie.  he's brought his average up to .237 from about .200 a month ago.  if he ends up the year hitting .270 with 25 homers and 90 rbis, that's exceptional for a rookie in a pitching-dominated year.  also, his defense has been great and he's a hustler.  the nats needed someone exactly like espy to come along to build the franchise around.  with ramos still developing, stras coming back in september (hopefully), and bryce harper coming upo next year (probably), the nats have a solid nucleus of youth to build around.  they're finally turning a corner.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 10:51:08 am »
I wish I could find a job that pays me gazillions of dollars for doing what I'm supposed to do only 27% of the time.

hutch

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 10:58:49 am »
I wish I could find a job that pays me gazillions of dollars for doing what I'm supposed to do only 27% of the time.

Hope its not something involving math.

wml7

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 11:25:49 am »

;D

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:47 am »

if he ends up the year hitting .270

???

So, if you have a player that has 35 hits in 120 at bats over the course of the first couple months of the season, you take those 35 hits and divide them by 120 at bats. Calculators are perfect for this because they already put the average in decimal form. In this example, this player would have a .292 batting average. Batting averages are always calculated out to three digits, so be sure to round off that third number!

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 07:47:45 pm »
Didn't quite make your projections did he? .236/21hr/66rbi last year.

Think he'll get 30 rbi this year?

espinosa's numbers are actually really impressive for a rookie.  he's brought his average up to .237 from about .200 a month ago.  if he ends up the year hitting .270 with 25 homers and 90 rbis, that's exceptional for a rookie in a pitching-dominated year.  also, his defense has been great and he's a hustler.  the nats needed someone exactly like espy to come along to build the franchise around.  with ramos still developing, stras coming back in september (hopefully), and bryce harper coming upo next year (probably), the nats have a solid nucleus of youth to build around.  they're finally turning a corner.

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 08:12:16 pm »
If you're going to dig up a thread, this is the thread to dig up:

Baltimore Orioles from April 2007 where Smackie, Pollard and Med took issue with Hoya's defense of Boswell saying that the O's were going to be good in 2009-2010.

Originally posted by med:
  I wouldn't look for the Nats to be competitive for at least 6-7 years.
i don't have a crystal ball, but i think i'll take boswell's word over your finely-honed analysis, it really seems like you're on top of things here
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »
3 game sweep of the sox. 

2nd best record in the mlb.

only problem? what a fucking brutal schedule they have.  al east for interleague play, and the nl east is stacked.  both divisions only have one team each below .500, and that's the red sox and the phillies.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:30 am »
SO happy the team got their first win in Fenway, won the series, and fucking swept them at home. So beautiful. Got to watch the game on Saturday, Ian Desmond is hands down my favorite player on the team. His hitting is absolutely on fire right now and LaRoche, Zim, and Bryce put some fucking weight into that line up. Real happy to see where they go this week with the Yanks comin into town this weekend.
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 09:28:30 am »
only problem? what a fucking brutal schedule they have.

must suck for the teams that have to play the nats
(o|o)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 09:33:10 am »
Not to toot my own horn, but I knew that when they signed him last year, LaRoche was going to be huge for the team. That is, if he can stay healthy and not start the season traditionally cold at the plate. Dude has just been sick, sick, sick. Add Desmond, Bryce Harpy and Morse back, we got Murderers Row back in DC.

BEEEE-LEEEVE IT!

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:23 am »
Those four are hitting  a combined .263 with 24 home runs in 620 at-bats. Murderers fow indeed!

Not to toot my own horn, but I knew that when they signed him last year, LaRoche was going to be huge for the team. That is, if he can stay healthy and not start the season traditionally cold at the plate. Dude has just been sick, sick, sick. Add Desmond, Bryce Harpy and Morse back, we got Murderers Row back in DC.

BEEEE-LEEEVE IT!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »
It's still early. Right O's fans?

shemptiness

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »
3 game sweep of the sox. 

2nd best record in the mlb.

only problem? what a fucking brutal schedule they have.  al east for interleague play, and the nl east is stacked.  both divisions only have one team each below .500, and that's the red sox and the phillies.

Yeah.  Good thing they're not actually IN the AL East.  Phew.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »
‼‼?‼‼