Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440442 times)

vansmack

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #510 on: December 06, 2012, 03:40:20 pm »
Thank you for Burnett.  Bullpen was the glaring weakness last year in Anaheim and I LOVE a solid lefty reliever.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #511 on: December 06, 2012, 04:17:42 pm »
Bummed he's gone :( he did start to struggle towards the end of the year though.
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #512 on: December 06, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
I like Burnett, and that's a pretty decent deal at 2 yrs / $8m.  I think we can do almost as well at a much cheaper price though.  I thought Burnett was demanding something more like the Affeldt deal at 3 yrs / $18m.

Are the Angels just cycling through the A's mid-aughts rotation?  Is Zito next?
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #513 on: December 06, 2012, 05:25:07 pm »
Are the Angels just cycling through the A's mid-aughts rotation? 

You'd be a fool not to look at pitchers drafted by the A's.  How's Gio working out for you?

thought Burnett was demanding something more like the Affeldt deal at 3 yrs / $18m.

He probably took a discount to live in a better place.  I believe there's an option as well for year 3.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #514 on: December 07, 2012, 04:31:55 pm »
Haren deal is official.
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #515 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »
Haren deal is official.

I really hope he bounces back.  He was so good to watch for so long.

Somebody want to help me decipher this:

"Zack is a curious guy, an intellectual, and he wanted to see what free agency is about. We respected that," Dipoto told Angels reporters. "I wish him the best. Zack is a good person, he works hard, and he's an outstanding pitcher. What he gets, he gets."
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #516 on: December 09, 2012, 09:54:21 am »
Haren deal is official.

I really hope he bounces back.  He was so good to watch for so long.

Somebody want to help me decipher this:

"Zack is a curious guy, an intellectual, and he wanted to see what free agency is about. We respected that," Dipoto told Angels reporters. "I wish him the best. Zack is a good person, he works hard, and he's an outstanding pitcher. What he gets, he gets."

GM as spurned lover.  Greinke to the Dodgers.

vansmack

« Reply #517 on: December 10, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »
GM as spurned lover.  Greinke to the Dodgers.

No surprise there.  Those were just some weird comments.  I think you're right - there was some respect for the Greinke the person in those comments.  Zack's always been a little crazy....
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #518 on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:31 pm »
I think it's Dipoto having a little fun. "What he get's, he gets" is probably with a shrug and the thought "nobody is going to outbid the Dodgers, so no reason to be mad about it".

Hard to be upset about losing a pitcher to a team in the same town willing to spend so much on a pitcher who's been traded countless times in the past five years.

vansmack

« Reply #519 on: December 10, 2012, 03:38:42 pm »
Hard to be upset about losing a pitcher to a team in the same town willing to spend so much on a pitcher who's been traded countless times in the past five years.

My brother in law is a big Dodger fan and my only comment to him was "Glad we didn't spend the money."  That's not sour grapes either, I just never know what Arte Moreno is going to do and if he was going to spend $147 million over the next 6 years, I'd like to see it get the Halo's a mid-range starter and some bullpen help.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #520 on: December 23, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »
From Buster:

The negotiations between Adam LaRoche and the Washington Nationals seem to be reaching a tipping point, and given that LaRoche doesn't have a robust market and that the Nationals have made it clear they want him back, it'd be a surprise if he signed elsewhere.
If another team were to sign LaRoche, they'd have to give up a draft pick -- and that's probably not going to happen for a 33-year-old first baseman. The Nationals want resolution on this soon and have made that clear to LaRoche. If he re-signs, as expected, then Washington's lineup will be very strong
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #521 on: December 24, 2012, 07:57:05 pm »
Isn't he shopping for a 3 year and Nats are offering him 2?
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #522 on: December 25, 2012, 11:46:20 am »
Isn't he shopping for a 3 year and Nats are offering him 2?

Yes, but no other team has stepped up to offer him 3 years, so it looks like the Nats may get him at 2 years, may have to throw in a mutual option for a third year or something.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #523 on: January 08, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »
looks like the nats got laroche for 2 years. not sure how much money.

mixed feelings on this, personally. i dont think the nats would have been as good last year without him, but im sad to see morse go.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #524 on: January 08, 2013, 02:16:23 pm »
looks like the nats got laroche for 2 years. not sure how much money.

mixed feelings on this, personally. i dont think the nats would have been as good last year without him, but im sad to see morse go.
Was bummed to see Morse out last season with the injury, always was a fan of him though. I hope someone else uses A-ha as their walk-up though hahaha
‼‼?‼‼