Author Topic: Belle & Sebastian, Broken Social Scene, Ted Leo- Jul  (Read 14852 times)

soot123

Re: Belle & Sebastian, Broken Social Scene, Ted Leo- Jul
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2006, 11:16:00 pm »
Is your wife a homophobe as well ?

>>>>I saw them in NYC in March. My wife fell asleep, and I was pretty bored myself. They were just too fey and faggotty.<<<<

bearman🐻

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
soot123, don't mind Charlie (or Rhett as his previous log-in used to be). Some of us here are of that persuasion that he refers to, and we have learned to just ignore comments like that, even if they are inappropriate. He's not trying to be mean...he's just blunt about his opinions. I avoid a term like "fag" because it's a word with negative associations, and I just don't think that there should be acceptance of words like it, but Belle and Sebastian shows do attract a large-ish number of gays. But then again, we're there at every show, even stuff like Ministry. Just take a look, it's not hard to find. If it is a problem then they should probably listen to Insane Clown Posse and go to one of their shows.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2006, 12:02:00 pm »
Soot, if it makes you feel any better, Rhett is an equal opportunity offender. That's just his way. If you stick around long enough, and you should   ;)  , you'll see that everyone gives him shit just like he shits on everyone else so it balances out in the end. After awhile, you'll sort regard him as like the local retard working outside some store. You notice that something isn't quite right there but you try to ignore it and accept him for who he is. Except the retard can't help the way he is but Rhett chooses to be that way.

thingsfallapart

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
You thought Ted Leo was awful live?  Wow.  I've seen him twice and enjoyed it both times.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  I have seen two of the three bands live, and all three are awful live.

Seriously though, I would definitely not pay money to see Belle and Sebastian or Ted Leo again.

Originally posted by the sonick:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:
 i know ted leo and B&S sold out 9:30 club, did BSS sell it out?

not sure if it sold out, i didnt go.

but they were awful. [/b]
[/b]

clyde725

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2006, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by thingsfallapart:
  You thought Ted Leo was awful live?  Wow.  I've seen him twice and enjoyed it both times.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard anyone in the history of time say they didn't like ted leo live.  And, Belle and Sebastian at the 930 club show was 100x better than I thought it was going to be.  Charlie or Rhett, I don't know what you're expecting when you go to these concerts.  You hoping they transform the music you probably already hate into something more manly or something?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2006, 02:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by soot123:
  Is your wife a homophobe as well?
no, she's just a bitch
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:00 pm »

no, she's just a bitch [/b]
now now
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

no, she's just a bitch [/b]
now now [/b]
i take it you didn't see the forum fantasy hockey league...

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/24700
(o|o)

Deathprod

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
Bearman, don't defend Rhett because you're friendly with him.  I don't care how blunt he is; it's just unnecessary.  

I saw them in NYC in March. My wife fell asleep, and I was pretty bored myself. They were just too fey and faggotty.

>>>>>>>>>>I have seen two of the three bands live, and all three are awful live.

Seriously though, I would definitely not pay money to see Belle and Sebastian or Ted Leo again.  <<<<<<<<<<<<<

i think anyone that attended the two  B & S 930 shows in March would beg to differ...They are stunning live & get better every tour..
 When did you see them last  ?.... & if you say something like 1998 its pretty irrelevant ...
[/b]

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2006, 09:49:00 pm »
I don't think he has much stage presence or personality, and his between song banter is nonexistent. He doesn't look particularly comfortable onstage. While his recorded material is good, I don't think that his live show matches up.

In his defense, I saw him at the Black Cat, where the sound is notoriously bad, and at that protest last year, where the sound sucked as well.

Originally posted by thingsfallapart:

I have seen two of the three bands live, and all three are awful live.

Seriously though, I would definitely not pay money to see Belle and Sebastian or Ted Leo again.

Originally posted by the sonick:

i know ted leo and B&S sold out 9:30 club, did BSS sell it out?

not sure if it sold out, i didnt go.

but they were awful. [/b]
[/b]
[/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2006, 10:26:00 pm »
i wasnt talking about Ted Leo!!!

I was talking about Broken Social Scene, Rhett, you should've known that!

chokeychicken

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2006, 01:28:00 am »
the B&S 930 show in march was one of the best shows i've seen in a long, long time.