Author Topic: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)  (Read 599488 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)
« Reply #645 on: August 26, 2015, 05:24:30 pm »
Study: Mass Shootings ?Exceptionally American Problem?
http://www.newsweek.com/study-sees-mass-shootings-exceptionally-american-problem-365260

Seems like France is working hard to give us a run for our money.

not even close... where do you get your news?
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:07 pm »
http://www.newsweek.com/study-sees-mass-shootings-exceptionally-american-problem-365260

France a distant second.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spree_killers_by_nationality

Though they need to update and add the Charlie Hebdo killlings. Thanks to three brave Americans, another one was narrowly avoided.

Still, with America's population being 5x that of France, it's comparing apple pies to frog legs.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2015, 08:38:51 pm »
 As usual Rhett is a complete piece of troll shit. Cites a neocon website who Jimmy rigged statistics with an odd set of years to get what they wanted. The fact the ONE mass shooting in Norway had so many fatalities because people were trapped on an island in no way counteracts the fact it was 1/38th as many incidents as the U.S. in the same time. Or that it in no way defines any terms. Nor is confirmed by any second party fact checking.

No reputable statistician would say the U.S. is seventh in mass shooting because of some esoteric breakdown of total deaths broken down per capita over a statistically insignificant time period at all. That's insane. It also can't fucking count to seven. That's Rhett's ace in the hole: a website that proclaims the U.S. Is at number seven in some insane metric multiple times but by their own fucking insane metric has them at six. Yes, let's listen to the defunct website assholes who lose count the second they have to count higher than the number of fingers on one hand.

I swear you're absolute human garbage.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:45:10 pm by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:23 pm »
As usual Rhett is a complete piece of troll shit. Cites a neocon website who Jimmy rigged statistics with an odd set of years to get what they wanted. The fact the ONE mass shooting in Norway had so many fatalities because people were trapped on an island in no way counteracts the fact it was 1/38th as many incidents as the U.S. in the same time.

No reputable statistician would say the U.S. is seventh in mass shooting because of some esoteric breakdown of total deaths broken down per capita over a statistically insignificant time period at all. That's insane. It also can't fucking count to seven. That's Rhett's ace in the hole: a website that proclaims the U.S. Is at number seven in some insane metric multiple times but by their own fucking insane metric has them at six. Yes, let's listen to the defunct website assholes who lose count the second they have to count higher than the number of fingers on one hand.

I won't get into personal opinions of you, since we've never had the pleasure of meeting it wouldn't really be fair, but...

The total population of the other 11 countries on that list is about the same as the population of the United States (actually, slightly less). Those 11 countries have 18 rampage shooting listed. The US has 38. So yes, the US wins. But with nearly half the amount, it's not like rampage killing is nonexistent in the rest of the Western world.

Are you trying to imply that only center and left leaning websites are useful when presenting evidence to support one's opinion? I'm not sure what you're getting at there.

walk,on,by

« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2015, 09:02:21 pm »
metallica - fade to black

led zeppelin -  in my time of dying

cutting crew -  I just died in your arms tonight

ke$ha  -  die young

ratm -  killing in the name of

gg allin  -  I want to kill you

There . . . I just out trolled space.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2015, 09:04:07 pm »
As usual Rhett is a complete piece of troll shit. Cites a neocon website who Jimmy rigged statistics with an odd set of years to get what they wanted. The fact the ONE mass shooting in Norway had so many fatalities because people were trapped on an island in no way counteracts the fact it was 1/38th as many incidents as the U.S. in the same time.

I won't get into personal opinions of you, since we've never had the pleasure of meeting it wouldn't really be fair, but...

The total population of the other 11 countries on that list is about the same as the population of the United States (actually, slightly less). Those 11 countries have 18 rampage shooting listed. The US has 38. So yes, the US wins. But with nearly half the amount, it's not like rampage killing is nonexistent in the rest of the Western world.

Are you trying to imply that only center and left leaning websites are useful when presenting evidence to support one's opinion? I'm not sure what you're getting at there.

Omg we should totally meet IRL so we can make this personal!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #652 on: August 26, 2015, 09:05:40 pm »
metallica - fade to black

led zeppelin -  in my time of dying

cutting crew -  I just died in your arms tonight

ke$ha  -  die young

ratm -  killing in the name of

gg allin  -  I want to kill you

There . . . I just out trolled space.

LOL!  oh wee oh wee oh I want to eat your heart

walk,on,by

« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »
ventricularicious

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #654 on: August 26, 2015, 09:59:48 pm »

This one puts the US at #7.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/348197-obama-said-mass-shootings-dont-happen-in-advanced-countries-like-in-us-one-chart-proves-him-wrong/

This is the same kind of pathetic rhetorical/statistical bullshit that desperate wingnuts use to try to paint Hitler as a liberal.
😐 🎶

walk,on,by

« Reply #655 on: August 26, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »
I can,t tell, if your name is an ode to beets, or to beef.

Space Freely

« Reply #656 on: August 26, 2015, 10:31:04 pm »

This one puts the US at #7.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/348197-obama-said-mass-shootings-dont-happen-in-advanced-countries-like-in-us-one-chart-proves-him-wrong/

This is the same kind of pathetic rhetorical/statistical bullshit that desperate wingnuts use to try to paint Hitler as a liberal.

You can always win the internet with a Hitler reference, can't you?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #657 on: August 26, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »
You can always win the internet with a Hitler reference, can't you?

Not always. You still have to be correct, as I was.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #658 on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:57 pm »
I can,t tell, if your name is an ode to beets, or to beef.

It's an old-style s that pretty much looks like f but without the horizontal bar: ſ
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶