Author Topic: The Low Ticket Warning thread  (Read 163876 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Low Ticket Warning thread
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 01:42:27 pm »
LOW TICKET WARNINGS: Taking Back Sunday 10.22, Portugal. The Man 10.25 & Fitz and the Tantrums 11.13!

Also, a LOW TICKET WARNING for Band of Horses on 12/11. Hurry people, this will sell out!
(apparently is now sold out according to a commenter, but i didn't check)
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 10:04:04 am »
What consitutues a low ticket warning?

25 tickets or less?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 02:57:40 pm »
LOW TICKET WARNINGS: The Wombats (TONIGHT!) & Cold War Kids (11/8)
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 03:03:02 pm »
Who the hell are the Wombats and how could they possibly be close to selling out? Are people that desperate for something to do?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »
girls and their boyfriends who want to get laid.  that is who goes. 

Shadrach

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 11:32:19 am »
Portugal. The Man (only a handful left)

St. Vincent

Cold War Kids - 11/8

Beruit - 12/14

Shadrach

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 11:40:43 am »
What consitutues a low ticket warning?

25 tickets or less?

Depends on the show, how close the show is, how tickets have been selling and other factors. Could mean as low as a handful and as many as 100 or more.

hutch

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »
25 tickets or less would be super super low ticket warning... that would be like 2% of tickets..

its great if the warnings can be issued at 100 tickets or even more...

Bags

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 05:43:22 pm »
Wombats was a very fun show. Don't be judgy....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 05:53:30 pm »
who cares if it's 25 or 100?  either way, you need to get off your ass and purchase if you want to go to the show ;D

personally i'm grateful for any warnings.  it's not like Shadrach's main job is to watch ticket numbers like a hawk and spring in to action with a warning cry as soon as the tickets fall below a certain threshold.  he's already mentioned it's just something he (or someone else?) does when they happen to notice that tickets are low.

Wombats was a very fun show. Don't be judgy....

hi!  welcome to the 930.com forum!  passing judgement on others perceived inferior music tastes is what we do here.  it makes folks feel better about the super-duper-non-mainstream drivel they claim to love.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 07:21:51 pm »
who cares if it's 25 or 100?  either way, you need to get off your ass and purchase if you want to go to the show ;D

::)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 11:12:03 am »
super catchy 3 piece band from Liverpool who got quite big with their song 'lets dance to joy division'. 'Moving to New York' was also quite popular (both off their first album about 3years ago). Played NYC a bajillion times and got a lot of hype. Somehow theyre even bigger now although I thought they kinda fell off the planet for awhile.

their live show is tons of fun if you just want to dance and have a good time. murph is an engaging frontman.

and yes, im sure you didnt want to know any of that, but might be of use for someone else.

Who the hell are the Wombats and how could they possibly be close to selling out? Are people that desperate for something to do?
HeyLa

reggie

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 03:07:15 pm »
will beady eye sell out?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 09:18:54 am »

i know, right?  how could people possibly like something you don't, or something you happen to have never heard of?  it's like their tastes differ from yours, and people are making up their own minds.  fucking hell.  when is this going to stop?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 12:40:44 pm »

i know, right?  how could people possibly like something you don't, or something you happen to have never heard of?  it's like their tastes differ from yours, and people are making up their own minds.  fucking hell.  when is this going to stop?

you're very grumpy lately! need to get laid?