Author Topic: your spouse/partner/significant other critiques your music  (Read 9169 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: your spouse/partner/significant other critiques your music
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 02:45:59 pm »
....the 6 ft tall blonde model of this...

My lady has impeccable taste (ie likes all the shit I like and vise versa) and never gets on my case about any of this kind of stuff.  I think she's the coolest person in the whole world and she thinks I'm the coolest person in the whole world.  This makes for blissful times. 

She can rock out to Black Sabbath or nerd out to An Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music.

She is the most amazing person.  Beautiful in every way imaginable.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 02:51:24 pm »
My lady has impeccable taste (ie likes all the shit I like and vise versa) and never gets on my case about any of this kind of stuff.  I think she's the coolest person in the whole world and she thinks I'm the coolest person in the whole world.  This makes for blissful times. 

She can rock out to Black Sabbath or nerd out to An Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music.

Chaz, have pulled up tix to Roger Waters three times now and still haven't pulled the trigger. Can't bring myself to pay these prices!!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 03:32:19 pm »

Chaz, have pulled up tix to Roger Waters three times now and still haven't pulled the trigger. Can't bring myself to pay these prices!!
Me neither.  Thought I would but no dice.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »
My wife won't go with me to many shows.  Every once in a while I'll drag her to one....with mixed results.

Last spring she reluctantly attended the Scream/Off! show with me and decided she actually liked Off!. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »

Did you ever see "Be Kind, Rewind?"  Why don't you recreate the entire "Wall" experience with various members of the 9:30 club message board?  It will be a LOT cheaper.

I'll nominate myself as the flying pig.

Brian

thirsty moore

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »
There isn't much arguing about music. She didn't like the Bad Brains stuff I was playing the other day but that is most likely because we were getting ready to leave and it's kind of stressful.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51:45 pm »
i like the fact that my gay boyfriend loves music that is so stereotypical gay man

madonna
cher
elton
bowie
every seventies disco soul sister
christina
gaga
pat benatar   :D
abba

and i like the loudest most obnoxious crap to a gay man's ears possible.

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:04 am »
Anybody else have someone special who is not quite the music geek you are, or just simply hears it differently than you do? This is the thread to post their comments or your shared stories on.

For example, I played the new Tom Waits album at home for the first time last night. I was a Waits fan back in the 80's and early 90's, but my interest piqued about the time of Rain Dogs. To me his music has grown increasingly grating and distant. The new one, however, does have some good parts and is his best since Rain Dogs.

So midway through the second song, my sweetie proclaims "This music SUCKS." and midway through the album, "You will never play this album again in this house." (I guess it's going to have to be a long car ride sort of album, haha).

Then again, I don't get her love for Tupac or Steely Dan.

My wife still hates Tom Waits. And Lucinda Williams. And Steve Earle. And the Velvet Underground. Or anything in the vast and varied history of punk rock, even the Ramones. And delights in telling me how much my music tastes sucks, using those "boring, untalented, typical tastes for a 50 year old man" artists as her primary examples. Seems like she tells me that on a monthly basis, almost like clockwork.

Space Freely

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 08:52:02 am »

Yada was such a Space case back in the day.

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 10:18:33 am »

Curious ...the waters tix were probably like $60 then
slack

Yada

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:22 am »

Curious ...the waters tix were probably like $60 then

I ended up actually going to this show as well as Roger's recent stop in the district, both times buying tickets way below market value! #thrifty