Author Topic: Automobiles  (Read 9062 times)

vansmack

Re: Automobiles
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »
I'm torn between the Audi A3 TDI and the Lexus CT 200h.

There's nothing wrong with that Audi Wagon....
27>34

ggw

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »
Where do you live - Munchkinland?

You should point out to Saxette that getting a crossover SUV is not a compromise, it's a stunning loss for her.  It is no way an SUV.  They are basically built on car platforms.  There are a lot of great station wagons out there with as much space as a mini-SUV.

You're a well-educated, high-powered attorney.  How come you can't win this case, counselor?

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »
You, sir, have obviously never shared living space with a spouse/partner/signifacant other who was pregnant.

Where do you live - Munchkinland?

You should point out to Saxette that getting a crossover SUV is not a compromise, it's a stunning loss for her.  It is no way an SUV.  They are basically built on car platforms.  There are a lot of great station wagons out there with as much space as a mini-SUV.

You're a well-educated, high-powered attorney.  How come you can't win this case, counselor?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:12:36 pm »
I live in the Capitol Hill Historic District with a tiny-ass garage apparently built to house a small horse.

It's easier to get a car seat in and out of an SUV (compact or not) as compared to a wagon/hatchback.  This seems to override every other argument in favor of the wagon.  Oh well.

The Sportage SX looks solid and somewhat fun to drive.
(o|o)

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 04:16:51 pm »
Carry the child in a sling and you won't have the problem of carseat removal. We never once removed the carseat. Plus, carrying a baby in a carseat just looks douchey. And the sling allows for more bonding than carrying a kid in a carseat or stroller.

I mean seriously, don't let that be a criteria for car selection!

I live in the Capitol Hill Historic District with a tiny-ass garage apparently built to house a small horse.

It's easier to get a car seat in and out of an SUV (compact or not) as compared to a wagon/hatchback.  This seems to override every other argument in favor of the wagon.  Oh well.

The Sportage SX looks solid and somewhat fun to drive.

radley17

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »
Least rock and roll thread ever

thirsty moore

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »
Or you can go all in on the suburban douche factor like me and get a Range Rover (a proper Range Rover - not that dumbed-down Sport version). 
Damn son.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:24 pm »
VW Tiguan v. Kia Sportage v. Hyundai Tuscon

Discuss.
of those three, hyundai

but that's kind of an awful list
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 10:16:09 pm »
Test drove the Jetta Sportwagen TDI this weekend, nice car.
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 11:31:27 am »
Test drove the Jetta Sportwagen TDI this weekend, nice car.
Don't get a VW.  Unless you like dropping $500 - $1000 every time you take it in for simple maintenance/oil changes.  Shit on those cars wears out faster than anything and parts are expensive.  Nice cars, but horrible horrible moneypits.

I know because I've owned two.  The fact that I did not learn my lesson after VW #1 makes me the stupidest person in this thread.

eltee

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »
Most ladies & gents I know don't take out the car seat ever. Unless you are traveling and don't have a spare. They use a stroller or sling. Imagine back / hip / wrist pain too.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 12:35:21 pm »
for some reason, what ford did to jaguar, is unacceptable.

chaz

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 01:09:30 pm »
Most ladies & gents I know don't take out the car seat ever. Unless you are traveling and don't have a spare. They use a stroller or sling. Imagine back / hip / wrist pain too.
i took it out quite a bit when  they were really little and in one of those car seats that snaps right into the stroller.

Bleggghhh.  Babies.  There is no amount you could pay me to hit the reset button on that clock again.

bellenseb

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »
Consumer Reports seems to rate most VWs very good to excellent on Owner Satisfaction (although middling on reliability)...but you hear a pretty loud chorus like the one in this forum on costs/maintenance. Wonder what the disconnect is...

chaz

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 01:19:16 pm »
Consumer Reports seems to rate most VWs very good to excellent on Owner Satisfaction (although middling on reliability)...but you hear a pretty loud chorus like the one in this forum on costs/maintenance. Wonder what the disconnect is...
They are NICE cars and for the sticker price you get a lot.  Just very expensive to own.