Author Topic: Automobiles  (Read 9190 times)

Dr. Anton Phibes

Re: Automobiles
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:16 am »

ggw's Rover is sweet.....but I still think I have the bigger one......gas hog,that is....

K8teebug

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 10:38:45 am »
I had to let my little green civic go last year when the transmission went after 250,000K.  Was hoping to make it to 300,000.  I bought an Acura TSX.  I love it.  It was between that an a Volvo C30.  They wouldn't deal on the C30 at all, and that pissed me off, plus I got a really nice deal on the TSX.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 11:16:34 am »
I am not a fan of the crossover SUV genre in general.  In general, I would get a station wagon before a mini SUV. I do like Subaru, but I would get an Outback before a Forester.  I would get a Touareg instead of a Tiguan.

Or you can go all in on the suburban douche factor like me and get a Range Rover (a proper Range Rover - not that dumbed-down Sport version). 

Just got a Forester.  Ultimately came down to that and the Tiguan, and the Forester was just a ton more practical.
(o|o)

lagas

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 12:32:45 pm »
2012 Mazda 2, pretty happy with it  :-*
zorra

hutch

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:58 am »
last year i bought a 91 acura legend with 46,000 miles on it...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2024, 01:47:15 pm »
A few years ago I walked into a dealer and asked for the cheapest car on the lot. They showed me what looked like a cardboard box, with manual everything. So I said, uhhhhh, show me the second cheapest car on the lot. It was a 12 year old Honda Civic with a manual transmission at 42K miles on it, for $10K. It's now up to 75K and it keeps on going.

Space Freely

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2024, 01:53:39 pm »
A few years ago I walked into a dealer and asked for the cheapest car on the lot. They showed me what looked like a cardboard box, with manual everything. So I said, uhhhhh, show me the second cheapest car on the lot. It was a 12 year old Honda Civic with a manual transmission at 42K miles on it, for $10K. It's now up to 75K and it keeps on going.

Was this for one of the kids? I always assume that anyone who posts here and is 40+ is richer and drives a nicer car than me.

Not that the Honda Civic isn't nice. You'll probably get another 100K miles on it.

Hutch

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2024, 02:13:52 pm »
I am amazed when I see neighbors here in Arlington buying their just turned 15 year olds brand new jeeps.

Guess I shouldn’t be…

In other car related news I hit a parked car when attempting to park earlier today. Really just scraped the other car but will probably cost me $1000

Yada

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2024, 02:58:01 pm »

Was this for one of the kids? I always assume that anyone who posts here and is 40+ is richer and drives a nicer car than me.

Not that the Honda Civic isn't nice. You'll probably get another 100K miles on it.

came here for the space reaction... like clockwork!

Space Freely

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2024, 03:44:46 pm »
I am amazed when I see neighbors here in Arlington buying their just turned 15 year olds brand new jeeps.

Guess I shouldn’t be…

In other car related news I hit a parked car when attempting to park earlier today. Really just scraped the other car but will probably cost me $1000

Is the damage to your car, their car, or both?

I did this very thing years ago. The owners were *in* the other car. I was not drunk, just stupidly careless. The happy karmic ending was that all of the damage was on my car. So the guy didn't punch me out or anything.  Still haven't gotten it fixed (completely cosmetic), despite numerous offers from complete strangers to hammer it out for a fee.

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2024, 03:56:39 pm »
someone sideswiped my car in front of my house and actually left the insurance info

got the sideview mirror and some damage to front bumper...called their insurance and they sent me a $500
I replaced the sideview mirror for $75 and pocketed the rest
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2024, 04:02:58 pm »
Someone sideswiped me in front of my house, left no such note and did >$4K worth of damage. Car was in the shop for over a month due to the difficulty getting parts. Huge PITA, but at least I got to drive an upgraded loaner...much nicer than my car!

All the damage was covered by Maryland's Uninsured Motorists Fund...so it didn't hit my policy