Author Topic: People who suck: Ted Leonsis  (Read 21575 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

People who suck: Ted Leonsis
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:16:34 am »
Has anyone else in Washington fallen further over the past two years than ol' Ted Leonsis? Ted has been reduced to pissing matches with the Post (Ted hates the Post just like Danny Boy, what a surprise) when the Post correctly reminds readers that the Bullets are pathetic and tickets are available for pennies on the dollar. Ted cries foul for some god forsaken reason and we're forced to read his tripe on his shitty blog. Plus add to the fact the Caps are about to miss the playoffs and will have peaked in 09 with the second round loss to Pittsburgh. That's what happens when you coddle tards like Semin and Ovie.

Until Ted shitcans Ernie "I fucking hate big men" Grunfeld, he'll have absolutely no credibility with Bullets friends in the metro area. Jesus, at this point, GW would beat the Bullets.

Ted needs to focus on improving his teams instead of getting into pissing matches with an emasculated post.

Fuck you, Ted.

This guy pretty much sums it up.

SammyT1
2/3/2012 6:16 PM EST
Thirty years of Wizards misery has built up years worth of valid criticism, duly earned. Leonsis should spend more time fixing his team than getting into playground shin-kicking contests with sports writers who, unlike Leonsis, are at least doing their jobs. Leonsis, it is now quite obvious, is too concerned with perception, marketing, gloss and sheen, and not concerned enough about putting good management and players in place. I had hoped the change in ownership would be a breath of fresh air for the Wiz: new owner, new management, new outlook. Instead, nothing has changed, except that we have traded Old Man Pollin for Ronald McDonald, relentlessly marketing and stuffing his bunk product down our throats. Honestly Leonsis, turn your team around before playing nanny-nanny-boo-boo with sports beat writers trying to make an honest living.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:19:19 am by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

i am gay and i like cats

Re: People who suck: Ted Leonsis
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:53:28 am »
god i love . . . specific hate.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 03:21:58 am »
we're forced to read his tripe on his shitty blog

it's like he's holding a gun to our head - "read it, READ IT!!!"
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 10:17:44 am »
Have a kid. then you won't get so upset about such trifling nonsense.

Has anyone else in Washington fallen further over the past two years than ol' Ted Leonsis? Ted has been reduced to pissing matches with the Post (Ted hates the Post just like Danny Boy, what a surprise) when the Post correctly reminds readers that the Bullets are pathetic and tickets are available for pennies on the dollar. Ted cries foul for some god forsaken reason and we're forced to read his tripe on his shitty blog. Plus add to the fact the Caps are about to miss the playoffs and will have peaked in 09 with the second round loss to Pittsburgh. That's what happens when you coddle tards like Semin and Ovie.

Until Ted shitcans Ernie "I fucking hate big men" Grunfeld, he'll have absolutely no credibility with Bullets friends in the metro area. Jesus, at this point, GW would beat the Bullets.

Ted needs to focus on improving his teams instead of getting into pissing matches with an emasculated post.

Fuck you, Ted.

This guy pretty much sums it up.

SammyT1
2/3/2012 6:16 PM EST
Thirty years of Wizards misery has built up years worth of valid criticism, duly earned. Leonsis should spend more time fixing his team than getting into playground shin-kicking contests with sports writers who, unlike Leonsis, are at least doing their jobs. Leonsis, it is now quite obvious, is too concerned with perception, marketing, gloss and sheen, and not concerned enough about putting good management and players in place. I had hoped the change in ownership would be a breath of fresh air for the Wiz: new owner, new management, new outlook. Instead, nothing has changed, except that we have traded Old Man Pollin for Ronald McDonald, relentlessly marketing and stuffing his bunk product down our throats. Honestly Leonsis, turn your team around before playing nanny-nanny-boo-boo with sports beat writers trying to make an honest living.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:58:15 am »
Ted Leonsis is one of the nicest people I have ever had the privelge of knowing

He genuinely cares about how everyone is treated

He may not have solved all of his teams' problems, but I can assure you that the intent is there

you all know me...I am not an ass-kisser...but we are lucky to have him here

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:43:26 pm »
He does come off as a decent guy in interviews and whatnot. Shouldn't all of DC's collective negative energy be focused on getting Dan Snyder's ass ridden out of town on a rail after a good tar-and-feathering?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:48:29 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

lagas

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:56 pm »
this

He does come off as a decent guy in interviews and whatnot. Shouldn't all of DC's collective negative energy be focused on getting Dan Snyder's ass ridden out of town on a rail after a good tar-and-feathering?
zorra

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »

A friend of mine approached him on the concourse at a Caps game to tell him about an idea he had.  Ted stopped, listened, talked to him about it and then offered to talk to him about it further up in his box.  My friend said he really didn't think Ted would take him seriously, but was stunned by his sincerity and generosity.

The city could do a hell of a lot worse.  And does when it comes to the Redskins.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 02:50:10 pm »
Ted Leonsis is one of the nicest people I have ever had the privelge of knowing

He may not have solved all of his teams' problems, but I can assure you that the intent is there

you all know me...I am not an ass-kisser...but we are lucky to have him here

I have met Ted before, and I agree, he's an extremely nice guy for his status and fame. I do believe Ted is a good guy, but his whining and complaining in his attempts to control the message strike me as extremely vain and petty. I also believe my take on the Caps is valid. Why should it be acceptable if they miss the playoffs?

And azagal is right.

wml7

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 02:50:30 pm »

What if Dan Snyder gets Peyton Manning?  ;D

godsshoeshine

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »
as a fan of of the pens, i always was surprised that caps fans werent more embarrassed by ted's blowhard blog. when he bought the wiz, who i am a fan of, i thought maybe it would be different.

nope, still embarrassing. first year in five that i didnt split season tickets
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:20:06 pm by godsshoeshine »
o/\o

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »
Go to pittsburgh

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 04:37:54 pm »
as a fan of of the pens, i always was surprised that caps fans werent more embarrassed by ted's blowhard blog. when he bought the wiz, who i am a fan of, i thought maybe it would be different.

That's my only real issue with Ted. He gets rid of Boudreau even though he was the fastest coach ever to reach 100 wins and keeps Saunders 2 years longer than he should have been here? What could he have possibly been thinking?? I understand if you want a change for the caps, but to not have even fired Saunders well before he did and get rid of Boudreau at the first sign of trouble this year was simply unconscionable.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 05:20:30 pm »
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »
the bullets/wizards have always (last 30 years) been bad/not good but they've at least tended to be bad/not good in an endearingly hilarious way with a disappointing cast of endearingly hilarious characters (and the occasional tantalizing flirtation with competency). the main payoff of being a fan has been the opportunity to be in on the joke.  if the joke isn't funny anymore, and they are still bad/not good, there's really no reason not to jump ship. 

an owner who gets defensive seems like they are admitting they don't know what they're doing.  let your actions and the actions of the people you surround yourself with speak for themselves.  if the product sucks, the backlash is real - its not a misunderstanding.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:50:18 pm by Mobius »