Author Topic: People who suck: Ted Leonsis  (Read 21853 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: People who suck: Ted Leonsis
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 03:31:56 pm »
Ted seems like a solid guy, and he's a big supporter of Georgetown basketball.  I like him.  All this bizarre anger on here is weird.
(o|o)

James Ford

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 03:49:51 pm »
I think they need to get rid of guaranteed contracts in professional sports, so that teams can cut players without paying them when they are underperforming. Like in the real world.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »
Players didn't negotiate guaranteed contracts in a vacuum, idiot. Someone had to make that concession.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »
god i love hate.  hey james . . . wait til you see the beer haul i scored!

atomicfront

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 06:35:50 pm »
Bruce Bodreau is responsible for the sell-outs the Caps have had the last few years.  And the winning seasons.  Before Bruce came the team couldn't give tickets away. He brought exciting hockey and winning to the team and the fans followed.  Last season the GM told Bruce to play boring hockey.  The team started to suffer.  I really can't watch them anymore.  I used to go to a lot of games but stopped going when prices got ridiculous for single games.  And the food is the worst at Verizon center.

I expect next season that the Caps will start seeing half-empty arenas again.  Ted lucked into getting Bruce as a coach.  He appears to be little more than an imbecile.  He has attacked fans.  He has an awful temper.  And currently runs two awful teams.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:44 am »
Went to the game tonight. Never heard the Caps booed so loud before. Obviously I've only been here four years now. It was bad. BAD.

Driveway

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »
I e-mailed Ted last night saying I wanted a refund for the game.  His response: Me too!!!

'08-'09 is when the Caps should have won it all.  Tomorrow's game should be interesting.  These bums aren't worthy of the money they make anymore...  What happened?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »
It's pretty simple. Ted and George McPhee invested in the wrong people (Ovie, Semin, Backstrom, Green). None of the four are leaders, Semin doesn't even want to be here, Ovie cares more about being a celebrity and Green is injured way too often. The defense is bad and the goaltending is extremely inconsistent to put it nicely.

bekessler

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 12:37:20 pm »
Ted seems like a solid guy, and he's a big supporter of Georgetown basketball.  I like him.  All this bizarre anger on here is weird.

Exactly, he passes off his Georgetown support as some type of DC badge of honor -- which to me, casts you in the exact opposite light.  He's a New Yorker that fell into some good draft picks and thought he was a good owner.

hutch

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »
I e-mailed Ted last night saying I wanted a refund for the game.  His response: Me too!!!

'08-'09 is when the Caps should have won it all.  Tomorrow's game should be interesting.  These bums aren't worthy of the money they make anymore...  What happened?

Seriously?
He emailed you back?

hutch

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 01:25:09 pm »

Exactly, he passes off his Georgetown support as some type of DC badge of honor -- which to me, casts you in the exact opposite light.  He's a New Yorker that fell into some good draft picks and thought he was a good owner.

Huh? You guys are working too hard to find negative stuff! I mean, seriously? You think its bad he supports the Hoyas?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 12:40:54 pm »
It's pretty simple. Ted and George McPhee invested in the wrong people (Ovie, Semin, Backstrom, Green). None of the four are leaders, Semin doesn't even want to be here, Ovie cares more about being a celebrity and Green is injured way too often. The defense is bad and the goaltending is extremely inconsistent to put it nicely.
Ovi, Brooks and Brouwer are the only ones out there pushing the team. Brooks is too quiet, Ovi isn't a leader and Brouwer's in his first year with the team. I like that he's speaking out. And can you really call Mike Green injury prone because he got hit in the head twice by a fucking puck? I'll give you his groin injury this year, but he's been out because of the 2 pucks to the head for the most part.
‼‼?‼‼

bekessler

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »
Huh? You guys are working too hard to find negative stuff! I mean, seriously? You think its bad he supports the Hoyas?

When you are trying to pass off this fact as evidence that you're somehow from here, absolutely.  There's no sports team in the area that would speak to this less.

And Ted will almost always reply to e-mails -- if they are decently civil.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2012, 02:19:36 pm »

uh, Ted is a Georgetown grad ('77)
(o|o)

atomicfront

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 06:34:04 pm »
Ovi, Brooks and Brouwer are the only ones out there pushing the team. Brooks is too quiet, Ovi isn't a leader and Brouwer's in his first year with the team. I like that he's speaking out. And can you really call Mike Green injury prone because he got hit in the head twice by a fucking puck? I'll give you his groin injury this year, but he's been out because of the 2 pucks to the head for the most part.

Real problem is the team has no centers.   They haven't had a second line center since Flash was traded and he really wasnt a center.  YOu can work as had as you want an the current team is not going to be a winner as currenlty constucted