Author Topic: DC Record Sale on Sunday  (Read 3391 times)

K8teebug

DC Record Sale on Sunday
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:45:19 am »
Anyone ever been?  Thoughts?

Yada

Re: DC Record Sale on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:48:46 am »
A bunch of comic book type guys smashed up against each other digging through musty crates.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »
yep, that sums it up.

i'll be there before the 1 pm georgetown game.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:37:26 pm by HoyaSaxa03 »
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:02:25 pm »
i'll be there... i always walk away with an armload of cool stuff..

i've seen plenty of women there btw..

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »
These are almost a victim of their own success.  They can get very crowded - to the point where it becomes annoying.    Waiting in line to get to the bins...getting jostled around a bit...  It takes some of the fun out of casually browsing through everything.  The focus seems to be more on "used" than "collectible."  If you're just looking to pick up some old, easy-to-find stuff on vinyl for fairly cheap prices, it's fine.    There are always some rarer finds, but not much you couldn't find on ebay at the same price (or less) in a matter of minutes.   

Overall, if you go record shopping on a regular basis, this is nothing special.  Well, other than the fact that you can drink while record shopping, which I fully support. :-)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 07:33:03 pm »
i'll be there... i always walk away with an armload of cool stuff..

i've seen plenty of women there btw..

DC has always held its own in the numbers of cool women.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 10:24:21 am »
These are almost a victim of their own success.  They can get very crowded - to the point where it becomes annoying.    Waiting in line to get to the bins...getting jostled around a bit...  It takes some of the fun out of casually browsing through everything.  The focus seems to be more on "used" than "collectible."  If you're just looking to pick up some old, easy-to-find stuff on vinyl for fairly cheap prices, it's fine.    There are always some rarer finds, but not much you couldn't find on ebay at the same price (or less) in a matter of minutes.   

Overall, if you go record shopping on a regular basis, this is nothing special.  Well, other than the fact that you can drink while record shopping, which I fully support. :-)

this is really true.. it can become competitive shopping...  the venue can make a difference.. they've had some that have been complete zoos...

Unsanity

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:08:51 am »
Damn. Forgot about this. Oh well, next time....

hutch

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 10:02:04 am »
I didn't make it either... had the Dumpstaphunk concert the night before and had to spend some time with the family..

too bad as I always score good stuff...

oh well, i'll have to amuse myself with my 8,000 LPs downstairs!

;D

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 11:15:10 am »
my best find was the Plimsouls debut LP ... also filled some holes in my collection (Delphonics comp, Parliament's "Chocolate City", etc.)
(o|o)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:45 am »
This was the best one I've been to yet (from an admittedly small sample-size).   Plenty of room.  Little-to-no wait at most of the bins.  Multiple bars.   Good time.  I walked away with mostly a bunch of random 7-inches, but I think my favorite find of the day was M.F.D.'s "Music For The Deaf" LP.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 02:12:35 pm »
what's the deal with that venue?  never been there before, but it was huge, clean, and professional.
(o|o)

K8teebug

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »
I missed it.  Husband and I opted for a quiet day at home.  Will have to go to Traxx on Wax instead!

Yada

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 08:53:12 pm »
Who doesn't like Joe's?