Author Topic: Question re: Slimy Ticket Broker  (Read 7340 times)

JohnnyBaconbitz

Question re: Slimy Ticket Broker
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:21:10 am »
I am about to defy my morals and buy a set of tickets from the scalping scumbags @ tickettrail.com.

Having never done this, however, I am a tad nervous about the legitimacy of the "vendor."

Has anyone every bought tickets from Ticket Trail before?  Are they legit?

It would suck to break my personal anti-scalper code - and then get ripped off.

Thx.

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Question re: Slimy Ticket Broker
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:37 am »
behold . . . the power of music.  it makes people break personal morals.  good luck and i wish you a great show with no problems!

Yada

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:36:33 am »
I wouldn't accept an electronic ticket from  from a random broker like that.

What show?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:04:23 pm by Yada »

reggie

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:44:51 pm »
you are better off going with stubhub as far as their guarantee goes...but as long as you pay with paypal (with a credit card, NOT checking), you will be safeguarded with your purchase relating to fraud on more than one level, with the CC company, and with paypal

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:43 pm »
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:58 pm »
I wouldn't have qualms about using TicketTrail. But I would use stubhub first if the same tickets were available there.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:41 pm »
this might help calm your fears:

http://www.tickettrail.com/help-support/guarantee.aspx

Note that only says they will address the issue if the error was THEIRS.  Seems like a very large loop hole to me.
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:51 pm »
I don't have any problem with buying scalped tickets.  As most of the time if you wait until the day of the show they are no more expensive than buying them from the source.  And second if there weren't scalpers I would miss out on a lot of shows as I don't have the ability to be there exactly at 10AM when the popular shows go out. 

I have used stub hub and ebay and have never had any problems with tickets. 

agenthal

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 02:35:51 pm »
I love Stubhub. That's my recommendation. Use them all the time when I fail in the main sales.  ;D If you can, go with the instant download tickets, it's a lot easier and you're covered with SH.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »

Note that only says they will address the issue if the error was THEIRS.  Seems like a very large loop hole to me.

they also say that they stand behind whatever they list, so "their error" could have been listing it in the first place.  unclear.

however, there is no way a ticketing site could stay in business if it didn't offer a guarantee on what it re-sells.  word would get out immediately about the rip-offs and fans would stop buying from them (the internet is good for that).  i'm sure that somewhere in these scalping site's business plan is a percentage of revenue held back for covering bad deals.  it's like credit cards - they know there are scammers out there, they know they will be on the hook to cover bad charges... it's just part of the business. 
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 04:59:19 pm »

they also say that they stand behind whatever they list, so "their error" could have been listing it in the first place.  unclear.

however, there is no way a ticketing site could stay in business if it didn't offer a guarantee on what it re-sells.  word would get out immediately about the rip-offs and fans would stop buying from them (the internet is good for that).  i'm sure that somewhere in these scalping site's business plan is a percentage of revenue held back for covering bad deals.  it's like credit cards - they know there are scammers out there, they know they will be on the hook to cover bad charges... it's just part of the business. 

agreed
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:15 am »
If this is for the black keys show, the market is FLOODED like I expected... tickets on the ground Friday!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/tia?query=black+keys&catAbb=tix&srchType=A&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max