Author Topic: 20 Worst Bands Ever  (Read 18666 times)

nkotb

Re: 20 Worst Bands Ever
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 11:57:11 am »
This is the dumbest thread of all time.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »

+1

(there, i just made it dumber)
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 12:15:41 pm »
some might say . . . "see, jack white ruins everything."

slappy

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »

+1

+2

Why do people bite on such a lame attempt at exposure for a website?
Isn't the whole 'Worst band' even more irrelevant than ever?

With all the access and available technology for listening to music; other people's choice in music is really of no consequence to your personal taste. It's not like there are a couple of radio stations in your area and record labels distribution to brick & mortar stores to limit access.

I can't see much need for worst band lists and really negative opinions on bands/artists beyond personal or business agendas. Who cares if people like the Eagles or [insert 90's jam band]? If people enjoy it; good for them for being happy. Why nitpick the alleged character of Jeff Tweedy and Jack White? They're fucking musicians that put out music for people to enjoy. Don't like it? Why waste time on them? There are TONS of other bands and musicians out there that I'm sure have the upstanding character Tweedy and White are lacking in your view. When you find them, why not turn other people on to 'em?

hutch

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:09 pm »

+1

+2

With all the access and available technology for listening to music; other people's choice in music is really of no consequence to your personal taste. It's not like there are a couple of radio stations in your area and record labels distribution to brick & mortar stores to limit access.

I can't see much need for worst band lists and really negative opinions on bands/artists beyond personal or business agendas. Who cares if people like the Eagles or [insert 90's jam band]? If people enjoy it; good for them for being happy. Why nitpick the alleged character of Jeff Tweedy and Jack White? They're fucking musicians that put out music for people to enjoy. Don't like it? Why waste time on them? There are TONS of other bands and musicians out there that I'm sure have the upstanding character Tweedy and White are lacking in your view. When you find them, why not turn other people on to 'em?

Hey I agree with you. I don't have a problem with Tweedy cause nobody knows another man... James Ford however felt compelled to tell us that Jack White is a worse person than Jeff Tweedy .. it wasn't enough to come down on his music as Azaghal did (with the classic Fuck YOU JACK WHITE!)..

Moody Blues.. though... if I hear "Once upon a time" again at a store I'll go postal.  ;D

James Ford

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »
For the record, that's not what I said. This is:

Plus, the guys in Wilco are actually nice people, or so I've been told. You get the sense that JW and RHCP, are  well, maybe not as nice.

Hey I agree with you. I don't have a problem with Tweedy cause nobody knows another man... James Ford however felt compelled to tell us that Jack White is a worse person than Jeff Tweedy .. it wasn't enough to come down on his music as Azaghal did (with the classic Fuck YOU JACK WHITE!)..

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2012, 06:41:16 pm »

+1

+2

It all depends on how one defines worst.  I can dislike a particulars band's music and still think they are a good band.  bands such as Boston just have such a very low level of talent that you can like their music but still would have to agree that they are not very good band.  In their particular case the reason it took them 10 years between albums is that they are the same exact songs with different titles in a different order.  All consisting of the same 2-3 chords.  Must semi-talented 1st year music students could write and play their music.  In the case of Rush the no talent part of that band is the horrible keyboards.  I don't particularly like Gary Lee's singing voice but he does have talent as do most of the rest of the band, but they keyboards are so horrible it tosses anything the others do straight into the dumper.
FUKIT

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »
Rush's synthesizer era (Signals, Grace Under Pressure) is their best shit.

hutch

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 01:22:38 pm »
For the record, that's not what I said. This is:

Plus, the guys in Wilco are actually nice people, or so I've been told. You get the sense that JW and RHCP, are  well, maybe not as nice.

oh that IS what you said.. you went into more details later... don't walk away from it bud.. OWN IT.

:D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »
they forgot . . . fiona apple.

ggw

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 06:02:31 pm »
And Guns N Roses.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 11:28:42 am »
And Guns N Roses.

You do know the only reason Axl is even in the band is that his mom made them let him in in exchange for allowing them to use her garage as a practice space...  My god that man voice is so horrible.  He has to be one of the worst vocalists ever in the history of recorded music.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2012, 11:28:58 am »
Rush's synthesizer era (Signals, Grace Under Pressure) is their best shit.

Our posts are not mutually exclusive.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:47 am »
And Guns N Roses.

You do know the only reason Axl is even in the band is that his mom made them let him in in exchange for allowing them to use her garage as a practice space...  My god that man voice is so horrible.  He has to be one of the worst vocalists ever in the history of recorded music.

yeah . . . and?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:16 am »
And Guns N Roses.

yeah . . . and?

My that was quite the witty retort.  You out did yourself!
FUKIT