Author Topic: 20 Worst Bands Ever  (Read 18525 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: 20 Worst Bands Ever
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:30 pm »
It's impossible for me to rank the worst bands, but I'll take the eagles and dmb at 1 and 2 all day.
agreed
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »
Great list. I agree with it all except for Animal Collective and admit they have been heading south recently.

edit:Oh and I would say that Brendan Benson is the only real talent in The Racounteurs.

Seriously, fuck Jack White.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

IPOTW

Jack White had one really great record in him with White Blood Cells, after that the ego took over...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »
Any list that overlooks a pile of emo bands like the likes of Saves The Day or Hawthrone Heights has no credence.  How about The Bravery or that awful Vampire Weekend side/vanity project Discovery.  It's too awful to post a link to it but the Attack Attack! song is worst than anything DMB ever did...  Where is O.A.R. ?

It's basically a list of the most popular rock bands that the writer is aware of and probably what their ex-girlfriend listened too...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:52:27 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »
Great list. I agree with it all except for Animal Collective and admit they have been heading south recently.

edit:Oh and I would say that Brendan Benson is the only real talent in The Racounteurs.

IPOTW

Jack White had one really great record in him with White Blood Cells, after that the ego took over...

Balderdash!

Not only has he made a lot of great records but he's also produced some absolute classics (Van Lear Rose anyone?)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 01:19:56 am »
Any list of worst that includes Rush cant be but so far off...  What a totally horrid band.  The glaring omissions are Boston and U2.
FUKIT

betao

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 11:14:31 am »
It seems like the article went in the direction of "Overrated" bands, as opposed to "Worst".

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:32 pm »
i liked some and agreed.  i didn't like some and didn't agree.

atomicfront

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 11:31:40 pm »
When I saw the title of this thread I thought "Rush".  I am glad they made the list as they should all worst band of all time lists. 

But Sex Pistols, Oasis, and Fleet Foxes?  And the Eagles stuff was good until joe walsh came along.  We should make our own lists.

1) Wilco
2) Rush
etc. etc.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 09:18:13 am »
I can understand someone listening to Wilco and going "meh".

But c'mon... listing them as THE worst band?... must be a reaction to either their critical or fan acclaim.

hutch

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 09:24:27 am »

But c'mon... listing them as THE worst band?... must be a reaction to either their critical or fan acclaim.

Hey, if people are going to call Jack White or the Red Hot Chili Peppers the "worst" then anything goes I guess...

I'm going with Kurt Vile (solo) after that horrendous show earlier this month. Rusted Root also comes to mind....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 10:30:52 am »

IPOTW

Balderdash!

Not only has he made a lot of great records but he's also produced some absolute classics (Van Lear Rose anyone?)
I never got the hatred for Jack White/Meg White/The White StripesAnything Jack White is connected to.

It seems like after MTV started playing "Fell In Love With A Girl" everyone hated them. Personally I think he's one of the best talents around. I love just about everything he's done [Not so mmuch The Dead Weather, good, but not really all for me] but, that's just my 2 cents.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:47 pm »
Surely you could hear how Jack White or RHCP could inspire more of a love/hate reaction than Wilco?

I mean, my wife played wilco for her dad and his reaction was "Eh, they're not trying to blow anybody away, but they're pretty good."

Javk White and RHCP ARE trying to blow people away. And people are either going to love them or hate them for it.

Plus, the guys in Wilco are actually nice people, or so I've been told. You get the sense that JW and RHCP, are  well, maybe not as nice.

Hey, if people are going to call Jack White or the Red Hot Chili Peppers the "worst" then anything goes I guess...

I'm going with Kurt Vile (solo) after that horrendous show earlier this month. Rusted Root also comes to mind....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:41:11 pm by James Ford »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 12:44:52 pm »
^^^ Jack White comes off as the nicest dude. I've never heard stories of him being a dick. I'm sure there are stories though...
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »
Surely you could hear how Jack White or RHCP could inspire more of a love/hate reaction than Wilco?

I mean, my wife played wilco for her dad and his reaction was "Eh, they're not trying to blow anybody away, but they're pretty good."

Javk White and RHCP ARE trying to blow people away. And people are either going to love them or hate them for it.

Plus, the guys in Wilco are actually nice people, or so I've been told. You get the sense that JW and RHCP, are  well, maybe not as nice.

Tweedy a nice guy??? What about the stories as relates to Farrar? If we believe Farrar, Tweedy was putting the moves on his wife! Lets not even talk about the way the whole Jay Bennett thing was handled.

My impression is Tweedy must have one of the bigger egos going in music. He couldn't even get along with Billy Bragg and thats kind of hard to do! :)

And I can't recall all that well but vaguely seem to remember a Tweedy solo show at the 930 (late 90s/early 00s) where he was less than amiable with the audience...

There is far more evidence of Tweedy not being a nice guy than Jack White!

The reason your inlaw thinks Wilco is "pretty good" is why don't like them since Jay Bennett left.. all about virtuosity but no balls.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:02:56 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »
I would listen to The Eagles over Jimmy Buffet any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  And that's not a defense of The Eagles...
27>34