October 20, 2014, 08:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Traffic/travel time  (Read 944 times)
xlilxbaorder

« on: March 04, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

Anyone know how bad traffic usually gets around DC on Fridays?  Trying to decide if I should metro in or buy a parking pass for Kaiser Chiefs show. Coming from Northern VA into DC. Helpful suggestions/tips are welcome. Thanks!
DeathFromAbove1979

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

I guess it depends where you're coming from.... I live about 5 mintues from the mixing bowl and it takes me roughly 30 minutes to get from my front door to a parking spot in the U Street Corridor. Traffic can be kind of a pain during rush hour, especially once you hit 14th Street. It really depends on the time. If you head in after 7 or 8 the traffic shouldn't be an issue. Really depends though, last week they were doing some construction work on 14th that had it down to a single lane. Just check Google maps before you leave and see if there are any red spots. Also check Metro's Twitter page to see of any delays because sometimes the Metro can be much more of a hassle than sitting in traffic for a few minutes.

‼‼‼‼
MindCage

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »

I guess it depends where you're coming from.... I live about 5 mintues from the mixing bowl and it takes me roughly 30 minutes to get from my front door to a parking spot in the U Street Corridor. Traffic can be kind of a pain during rush hour, especially once you hit 14th Street. It really depends on the time. If you head in after 7 or 8 the traffic shouldn't be an issue. Really depends though, last week they were doing some construction work on 14th that had it down to a single lane. Just check Google maps before you leave and see if there are any red spots. Also check Metro's Twitter page to see of any delays because sometimes the Metro can be much more of a hassle than sitting in traffic for a few minutes.

Or turn right on Penn Ave from 14th and then go up 13th to avoid a lot of traffic and bs.

3MTA3
walkonby

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:31:41 PM »

i always take sixty six into constitution, to a left on seventh, all the way up (enjoy the cops on evey corner past l or m or n or something) to a left on v street, which is just after florida ave, and after one block on v, you will see the club building on the right.  not sure if on a friday night is any different than other nights, including sat, but that is the only way i take to the club.

otto
Yada

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »

i always take sixty six into constitution, to a left on seventh, all the way up (enjoy the cops on evey corner past l or m or n or something) to a left on v street, which is just after florida ave, and after one block on v, you will see the club building on the right.  not sure if on a friday night is any different than other nights, including sat, but that is the only way i take to the club.

The last thing you want to do is drive all the way through Chinatown (7th Street) on a Friday/Saturday night, especially if something is going on at the V Center.
Bombay Chutney

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »

I recommend Metro.  It can be frustrating at times, but overall it's a lot more consistent than driving.  Especially during rush hour.  Single-tracking can cause some delays at night, but if you plan things well, it's not usually too bad.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: