Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296442 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2370 on: January 13, 2017, 11:29:13 am »
Comedy at The Big Hunt last night: Joe List, Mark Normand, Louis CK, and 2 locals who were good too. Interesting little room in the basement there.  Some good pics (not by me) here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNKBG_BSNB/?taken-by=comedyartwork&hl=en

My daughter and I watched the Secret Life of Pets last night on DVD. That counts for something, right?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2371 on: January 13, 2017, 11:43:41 am »
Comedy at The Big Hunt last night: Joe List, Mark Normand, Louis CK, and 2 locals who were good too. Interesting little room in the basement there.  Some good pics (not by me) here:

My daughter and I watched the Secret Life of Pets last night on DVD. That counts for something, right?

Yes; that counts way MORE. not to get sappy, but cherish every moment Spaceman.

shemptiness

« Reply #2372 on: January 13, 2017, 12:07:05 pm »

How did you hear about the show beforehand?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2373 on: January 13, 2017, 12:21:48 pm »

Follow List and Normand on the Instagrams; Louis was a possibility, not guaranteed.

hutch

« Reply #2374 on: January 13, 2017, 05:38:47 pm »

Follow List and Normand on the Instagrams; Louis was a possibility, not guaranteed.

dude, how could you not tip us off???>? Next time say "Hey guys lets meet for a beer at the Big Hunt" or something.. I mean what the FUCKING HELL is this board for

Yada

« Reply #2375 on: January 17, 2017, 12:08:06 pm »
Phish in Mexico is one not to be missed ya haters. EpiQ weekend on da beach.

🍄 + 🍺 + 💊 + 🌴+ 🌊 +🐟

Relaxer

« Reply #2376 on: January 17, 2017, 12:48:04 pm »
All right, just break it to me: how was the City of Caterpillar show?

I had to cancel on account of being a dedicated parent n'shit.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2377 on: January 17, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »
All right, just break it to me: how was the City of Caterpillar show?

I had to cancel on account of being a dedicated parent n'shit.
The first of the two Richmond shows was quite good but a lot of people there didn't really know the band. Heard several conversations in the crowd from people saying they bought tickets because it would "sell out instantly" and then they "held onto the tickets too long and the market crashed."

I would see them again.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #2378 on: January 17, 2017, 01:58:03 pm »
Haha that's exactly the way I was. All you nerds were going bonkers when this show was announced and I didn't want to miss out, so I bought tickets. Not only had I never heard the band, I'd never even heard of them before. At one point the other night I pulled up a Youtube and started listening to it, but it sounded pretty awesome and I was depressed over missing the show so I shut it down. Sigh.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2379 on: January 17, 2017, 02:25:15 pm »
All you nerds were going bonkers when this show was announced and I didn't want to miss out, so I bought tickets.
I honestly do not think I commented on the show until you started asking about it. I was unaware the band had any following outside of Richmond.
LVMH

Unsanity

« Reply #2380 on: January 18, 2017, 05:17:11 am »
The DC show was pretty awesome. Lots of people were just as stoked about the opening band Malady as they were about City of Caterpillar. It was a very energetic night and the crowd had nothing but love for all the bands. The merch line was the longest I have ever seen at the Black Cat. For any band or show there ever.

« Reply #2381 on: January 19, 2017, 05:59:49 pm »
The DC show was pretty awesome. Lots of people were just as stoked about the opening band Malady as they were about City of Caterpillar. It was a very energetic night and the crowd had nothing but love for all the bands. The merch line was the longest I have ever seen at the Black Cat. For any band or show there ever.
That was a crazy line for Merch!
COC would make a incredible instrumental band, was a little put off by the vocal
but it was fun and the crowd was into it...always enjoyable when that happens
Personally I though Malady was kinda weak, but wada I know
slack

« Reply #2382 on: January 20, 2017, 01:38:19 am »
Frank did not let down, show 2006

the first song was killer https://youtu.be/Z3CmycG8YGc
Sand in the Gears (for the next 4 years)

place was packed to the gills

Kazoo's are now apparently a thing now
slack

blipvurt

« Reply #2383 on: January 20, 2017, 02:38:52 am »
Anyone else go to Run The Jewels tonight? Zach De La Rocha showed up at the end to guest in on two songs. Pretty great moment!

Unsanity

« Reply #2384 on: January 20, 2017, 04:57:10 am »
Anyone else go to Run The Jewels tonight? Zach De La Rocha showed up at the end to guest in on two songs. Pretty great moment!

Oh shit really! Damn. I had tickets for last week but had to get rid of them because I could not make this short notice reschedule. To see Zack do both his tracks might have been worth saying "fuck it" and go. It really pained me to miss this as I have not missed an EL-P related concert in DC since 2007. Zack must in town to protest Trump methinks.