Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 399114 times)

gavroche

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2865 on: February 02, 2018, 08:50:12 am »
Totally enjoyable Jen Cloher show at Rock N Roll hotel. Just enjoyable Indie rock. It was sold out but there must have been a lot of no shows because there was space to move. She kept the set short maybe played one song too long.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2866 on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:02 am »
It was an awesome show.  8)

Totally enjoyable Jen Cloher show at Rock N Roll hotel. Just enjoyable Indie rock. It was sold out but there must have been a lot of no shows because there was space to move. She kept the set short maybe played one song too long.
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #2867 on: February 11, 2018, 05:49:42 pm »
Loved Bat Fangs, but I really enjoyed all 3 bands, especially Warm Sun. Great Friday evening.

Yada

« Reply #2868 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:48 am »
that wanker from the UK puts on a snoozer of a show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2869 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:07 am »
heard that the sound was very muddy last night  :'(

(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #2870 on: February 13, 2018, 09:53:27 am »

I didn't find the sound all that bad, but the band was pretty darn boring and bland... Additionally, a seated show?? WTF. I really don't get the whole seated aspect of the Anthem, especially for a "rock" show.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2871 on: February 13, 2018, 10:17:15 am »

I didn't find the sound all that bad, but the band was pretty darn boring and bland... Additionally, a seated show?? WTF. I really don't get the whole seated aspect of the Anthem, especially for a "rock" show.

Maybe it didn't sell that well? Weird. I thought about going but in the end, I was thinking it wasn't gonna beat Oasis at the old 9:30 for 5 bucks and I couldn't motivate my tired ass.

Yada

« Reply #2872 on: February 13, 2018, 10:21:02 am »

Maybe it didn't sell that well? Weird. I thought about going but in the end, I was thinking it wasn't gonna beat Oasis at the old 9:30 for 5 bucks and I couldn't motivate my tired ass.

I'm assuming it didn't sell well which is why I received the free tickets... what does that have to do with it being a seated show though? They make shows seated when tickets sales are lacking?

Cadet Bone Spurs

« Reply #2873 on: February 13, 2018, 10:58:54 am »
the place can do 2000 to 6000... I assume some shows are seated if the expectation is they will be closer to 2000...some are seated cause of the performance type...

I donít get the issue...last time I saw Noel was at the warner...seated..before that oasis at patriot center tenth row seated...before that oasis at Nissan circa 95 from lawn Standing and boy did that suck

If a show is regular general admission you should see the desperation with which people seek out seats and try to sit!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:00:27 am by Cadet Bone Spurs »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2874 on: February 13, 2018, 11:02:46 am »
I found the show to be way more enjoyable than expected. I also thought the seats in the back - but raised above the floor - to be pretty nice. The sound was fine by the mixing desk.

Took a gamble and parked across the street. Not entrely sure DCPD would say it's legal, but we got away with it.

Definitely glad I went and thanks to Seth for the tickets!