Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268285 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2955 on: April 10, 2018, 01:53:46 pm »
Why do you guys get such a boner for the Director?

One time I was at a party "and he showed up and started playing horrible music, like U2." to quote my better half. True story.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:57:51 pm by Space Freely »

Yada

« Reply #2956 on: April 10, 2018, 02:06:07 pm »

One time I was at a party "and he showed up and started playing horrible music, like U2." to quote my better half. True story.

who?

bearman🐻

« Reply #2957 on: April 10, 2018, 02:07:34 pm »

Because he's an all-around nice guy and decent person. Is that a problem?

Space Freely

« Reply #2958 on: April 10, 2018, 02:23:55 pm »

Well so are you, but I don't see multiple boners every time you're spotted by someone or you hang out with someone.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2959 on: April 10, 2018, 02:51:07 pm »

Well so are you, but I don't see multiple boners every time you're spotted by someone or you hang out with someone.
I would chalk it up to The Director being "a real character," as people say (or used to say, probably). But for the record, I would enjoy hanging out with Bearman, I surmise.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2960 on: April 10, 2018, 03:02:00 pm »

I would chalk it up to The Director being "a real character," as people say (or used to say, probably). But for the record, I would enjoy hanging out with Bearman, I surmise.

Well then, as I once suggested a certain boardie named "Bunnyman" should rechristen himself as "Bearman," I'm going to suggest "The Director" rechristen himself as "The Character."

bearman🐻

« Reply #2961 on: April 10, 2018, 03:27:09 pm »

Well then, as I once suggested a certain boardie named "Bunnyman" should rechristen himself as "Bearman," I'm going to suggest "The Director" rechristen himself as "The Character."

Wow, good memory.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2962 on: April 10, 2018, 03:40:06 pm »
This might come as a surprise to some of you, but for many years, I was Julian, Good Manners AFICIONADO.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2963 on: April 11, 2018, 08:47:17 am »

Wow, good memory.

Thanks. Now, if I could just remember which shows I have and haven't seen.

vansmack

« Reply #2964 on: April 11, 2018, 01:44:34 pm »
Bearman is by far the boardie I am most surprised I've never met in person given our careers and taste is music.
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #2965 on: April 11, 2018, 02:56:51 pm »
Bearman is by far the boardie I am most surprised I've never met in person given our careers and taste is music.

Is that right? I could have sworn we met at a Social D show at one point. That IS odd if I'm wrong.

hutch

« Reply #2966 on: April 12, 2018, 12:21:17 am »
Alex Kapranos killed it but dammit he needs Lorde’s hair stylist....

bearman🐻

« Reply #2967 on: April 16, 2018, 07:47:39 am »
Saw the Feelies in Brooklyn for night 2 at Rough Trade. There's no reasonable explanation that they should sound that good and perform that well. They're pretty much freaks of nature at this point and God bless 'em for it. Glen Mercer's voice and performance alone was one of the best I've ever seen him do..his vocals sounded great. Terrific setlist too. About 34 songs. Can't wait to see them in June.

hutch

« Reply #2968 on: April 16, 2018, 08:24:38 am »
Very jealous

bearman🐻

« Reply #2969 on: April 16, 2018, 10:10:41 am »
Very jealous

You would have loved it Hutch. 2 Velvet Underground covers, as well as tunes from Jonathan Richman and the Stooges, a ton of stuff from "Crazy Rhythms". Looking at the setlist from Friday, we got the better set.