Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268243 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3060 on: June 12, 2018, 08:54:34 am »
Sleep the Clock live, my favorite B&S track.
I requested Sleep the Clock Around and Stuart heard me...he seemed to be into it. So you're welcome ;)
yes that was a great treat...thank you bearman!
fantastic show and I liked that it wasn't packed, I know not great for the band or the venue...but sometimes ya gotta look out for number 1

I don't think they should do an all sinister tour...but I agree with hutch... TigerMilk to TBWTAS and all the eps in-between is a phenomenal run
I do think they should do one tour where they pick the majority of the set from that era...

I assume Isobel Campbell is never coming back?
I know that the royalties from her solo career are giving her a really cushy lifestyle, but I really loved her contribution to the band
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3061 on: June 12, 2018, 09:14:02 am »
I don't think they should do an all sinister tour...but I agree with hutch... TigerMilk to TBWTAS and all the eps in-between is a phenomenal run
I do think they should do one tour where they pick the majority of the set from that era...
They did a series of UK shows a few years back that were two night stands with Tigermilk one night and Sinister the next and I would definitely be down to see that. But I'd also be down to see the above-mentioned "throwback tour".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:15:40 am by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #3062 on: June 12, 2018, 09:31:46 am »
Have to admit that I seriously want to do that cruise next summer...they'll treat folks to a concert of "Fold Your Hands Child"...and I actually really love most of that LP. And I agree that "Write About Love" is underrated. "Blue Eyes of a Millionaire" is actually one of those "throwaway" songs that should have made it on the LP. It's so beautiful. Some of Stuart's most poetic lines ever:

Black walls cloudy as a sea of gulls

Let the summer go
Let tomorrow take care of itself
If you believe like you tell me so
Hand in hand your lover will be every sweet and hungry soul

« Reply #3063 on: June 12, 2018, 09:44:05 am »
...they'll treat folks to a concert of "Fold Your Hands Child"...and I actually really love most of that LP.
I think the highs on that albums are maybe the best songs they ever did (The Model, Woman's Realm, Family Tree) but the lows are total dreck. Its a hard album to rate.
LVMH

« Reply #3064 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:17 am »
I assume Isobel Campbell is never coming back?
Was curious what she was up to...apperently she recorded a whole album at Abbey road in 2016...and is still in legal limbo :(

Isobel Campbell March 5, 2017 ·
I have a new record I would LOVE to share with you but am not at liberty to do so at present.
It was mastered at Abbey Road on May 26th last year. I pray it will see the light of day soon.

Isobel Campbell August 21, 2017 ·
One year stuck in legal purgatory😢Close to giving up. Like too many of us these days, I need a miracle.
Enough is most definitely enough...
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #3065 on: June 13, 2018, 01:26:00 pm »
I think the highs on that albums are maybe the best songs they ever did (The Model, Woman's Realm, Family Tree) but the lows are total dreck. Its a hard album to rate.

You're forgetting Nice Day for a Sulk, I Fought in a War, and There's Too Much Love, three awesome songs. See? It's a pretty good album.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:28:59 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #3066 on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:37 pm »
Have to admit that I seriously want to do that cruise next summer...they'll treat folks to a concert of "Fold Your Hands Child"...and I actually really love most of that LP. And I agree that "Write About Love" is underrated.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do that cruise but it would cost about $3k for me to do it from the US. God damn double occupancy billing!

« Reply #3067 on: June 13, 2018, 01:35:14 pm »

You're forgetting Nice Day for a Sulk, I Fought in a War, and There's Too Much Love, three awesome songs. See? It's a pretty good album.
I Fought In a War is the dreckiest of dreck. There's Too Much Love also sucks. Nice Day for a Sulk is listenable, though, I'll give you that one.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3068 on: June 13, 2018, 01:37:33 pm »

I do like I Fought in a War....the last song by them I love....obviously must be a leftover from Sinister or BWTAS  before Stuart Murdoch had that unfortunate incident

Yada

« Reply #3069 on: June 18, 2018, 11:41:33 am »
M Ward was amazing this weekend, I stand by the obvious statement that there is no better place to catch a show than an undersold 930 club. He started the show off with some real old tunes solo acoustic then brought out the whole band. Board legends kilsally and azghahal were in attendance as well, my guess only for cigarette.

Malkmus was also a fun show, albeit extremely short. I predict he’ll be playing an undersold 930 club on his next visit. He encored with Shady Lane and In the mouth of the Desert. 

Bye.

hutch

« Reply #3070 on: June 18, 2018, 12:10:29 pm »
I predict next Malkmus show in DC area will be with Pavement

Doubt IMP will book Malkmus at 930....he just does not sell that well and IMP seems to be going after younger acts cause when they book the golden oldies - much as I like them- often they get burned... there are exceptions but this seems to be the trend...I mean just look at Belle and Sebastian or Noel Gallagher

hutch

« Reply #3071 on: June 18, 2018, 12:16:42 pm »
I loved Malkmus but the Black Cat is tough for sold out shows...I liked that half the set was new songs cause I really dig Sparkle Hard....I was five feet from Malkmus and really enjoyed watching his guitar work..

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3072 on: June 18, 2018, 01:09:20 pm »
M Ward used to sell out 930 right? 

M Ward was amazing this weekend, I stand by the obvious statement that there is no better place to catch a show than an undersold 930 club. He started the show off with some real old tunes solo acoustic then brought out the whole band. Board legends kilsally and azghahal were in attendance as well, my guess only for cigarette.

Malkmus was also a fun show, albeit extremely short. I predict he’ll be playing an undersold 930 club on his next visit. He encored with Shady Lane and In the mouth of the Desert. 

Bye.
(_|_)

MAGA 2020

« Reply #3073 on: June 18, 2018, 01:56:16 pm »
Poison at JLL was fun last night.  A Fathers Day gift.  Hair metal shows are fun. 

Yada

« Reply #3074 on: June 19, 2018, 09:46:08 am »
M Ward used to sell out 930 right? 

Bye.

I don't think I've seen him since 2009 or so, but yes... However, that was a really long time ago.