Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1290263 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3165 on: July 29, 2018, 03:46:42 pm »
Anyone see the Pumpkins in Baltimore? I caught the show in Philly. When it was good, it was phenomenal. Some of the show dragged. Not all the song choices were obvious ones for me. For the most part though, I thought it was fantastic. Billy is still pretentious, and I thought it was sorta tacky they edited out all the pics of D'Arcy in the montages. That being said, for being a Pumpkins show, it was the best thing I've seen them do since 1993. "For Martha" was so beautiful. I didn't really appreciate that song until seeing it live. Would I go again? To see this tour...maybe. But damn that was a long concert. 3 hour and 10 minutes.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3166 on: July 29, 2018, 04:04:07 pm »
A friend went and said it was good but for the most part a lot of fillers.
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3167 on: July 29, 2018, 04:07:46 pm »
I was at Pumpkins in Philly. Thought there was absolutely no filler, encore aside. Covers were a bit strange though.

The Darcy pics thing is a lose-lose either way. Leave her in, and people will bitch you’re profiting off her image; take her out, you’re whitewashing the bands history.

If you take the tour for what it is, the three most talented members of the band putting out an ode to their biggest songs, it’s fun. May go to Pittsburg next weekend too now.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3168 on: July 29, 2018, 05:17:39 pm »
David malitz had some tweets about pumpkins

DotTheEyes

« Reply #3169 on: July 30, 2018, 12:07:30 am »
I loved night one of Arctic Monkeys at the Anthem.  Great set list of older favorites and songs from the new album, though I would have loved to hear "American Sports" and "The Ultracheese."  Alex Turner has become quite the charismatic, swaggering stage presence; this Tranquility Base era has brought out his inner Jarvis Cocker.

Entry was not too bad for a sold-out Anthem show, particularly considering they were, gasp, enforcing the name-on-ticket-must-match-ID rule.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3170 on: July 30, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »
Pumpkins were solid in BMore. Went in with low expectations and they were wildly exceeded. The Monkeys killed it this weekend. Probably the best I've ever seen them play. Turner has truly come into his own.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3171 on: July 30, 2018, 04:34:11 pm »
David Byrne at MPP was excellent.  Saw the show back in Feb? at Hershey when they were still working out the kinks.  I felt the show worked much better this time...maybe because I wasn't thrown so much by the presentation and "marching band" feel I had the first time.  Wife loved the show.  Plus it was a perfect weather night for the show.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #3172 on: August 01, 2018, 01:05:21 am »
The Vaccines were a blast at Rock & Roll Hotel.  They should be bigger.

hutch

« Reply #3173 on: August 01, 2018, 08:59:25 am »
Nah!

bearman🐻

« Reply #3174 on: August 02, 2018, 09:13:28 am »
Caught Radiohead in Philly last night. Last night of the tour. It was one of those experiences that you know will stay with you for a while. People can call them overrated but there’s something so genuine about what happens when they get on a stage. It was the best I’ve ever seen them. Incredible set too. Heavy on Kid A, OK Computer and In Rainbows. You know it’s good when the perform “Lucky”, “The Tourist”, AND “Exit Music”. “Karma Police” was the last song and the band stood there after they finished, and the place was going bonkers. Thom started strumming the song again and the audience sang back to him while the band stood there, clapping and looking like they didn’t want to leave. They looked...happy. It was a tough show to top.

hutch

« Reply #3175 on: August 02, 2018, 09:19:54 am »
Sounds like Challenged should have gone!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3176 on: August 02, 2018, 10:24:19 am »
yes, hutch, sometimes post-show banter is painful.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3177 on: August 02, 2018, 10:41:09 am »

Sorry if the cut runs deep. But check this out. A highlight for me was "Videotape". Lots of stuff they don't play THAT often. Like "Optimistic", "Spectre" and "The Bends".
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2018/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-13eb054d.html

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3178 on: August 02, 2018, 12:06:13 pm »

Sorry if the cut runs deep. But check this out. A highlight for me was "Videotape". Lots of stuff they don't play THAT often. Like "Optimistic", "Spectre" and "The Bends".
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2018/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-13eb054d.html

that is an epic setlist.

People can call them overrated but there’s something so genuine about what happens when they get on a stage. 

fuck those people.

(if you have the chance)
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3179 on: August 03, 2018, 09:34:38 am »
Flasher overcame the elements and sound difficulties last night at Fort Reno. Would definitely see them again. Also, Pete's Apizza is right nearby on my way to this. IMHO, a great pizza.