Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268674 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2012, 10:13:15 am »
saw Brad last night at the Red Palace.. I like the place..

weird seeing Stone Gossard in such a small place.. very low key show...must have been 100 people there.. enjoyed their show.. apparently its a 3 date tour.

killsaly

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2012, 10:28:18 am »
Are we referring to the same - Poly Spree? Iota's capacity is 160 or less. Did they not have a good showing at 6&I? Would have thought it was a great venue for them, too bad the sound didn't deliver.
I thought the Sixth and I show was sold out.

K8teebug

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »
saw Brad last night at the Red Palace.. I like the place..

weird seeing Stone Gossard in such a small place.. very low key show...must have been 100 people there.. enjoyed their show.. apparently its a 3 date tour.

It would be weird seeing him there!  I really love that venue.

atomicfront

« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2012, 12:30:00 am »
The Polyphonic Spree did not disappoint.  What a fun time.

I tried to keep an eye out for cat shirts, but didnt see any. 

Yeah it was an awesome show.

Yada

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:18 am »
Rumor has it the Afghan Whigs show last night was outrageous.

serpent boy

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2012, 12:56:40 am »
St. Vincent rocked The National tonight. I'd never seen her live before and I'm glad I finally did. She's electric live. I almost wish she'd extend her sets by a few songs.

yohansen5b

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2012, 07:53:02 am »
St. Vincent rocked The National tonight. I'd never seen her live before and I'm glad I finally did. She's electric live. I almost wish she'd extend her sets by a few songs.

she's playing next week at a very, very small venue here in Miami.  i'm 99% sure the show won't sell out. in fact, i think they've sold less than 200 tickets (which boggles the mind).  i'm really really looking forward to seeing her.

yohansen5b

« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2012, 08:09:44 am »

she's playing next week at a very, very small venue here in Miami.  i'm 99% sure the show won't sell out. in fact, i think they've sold less than 200 tickets (which boggles the mind).  i'm really really looking forward to seeing her.

Indie rock, Miami style.

Yada

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2012, 08:49:18 am »
Anyone check out Modest Mouse last night?

lagas

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2012, 10:40:55 pm »
went to see van der graaf generator tonight at the howard theatre. the band was great, as always, but i just can't get over how unprofessional and unpleasant the staff there was. the freaking bartenders were talking very loudly the whole damn show, and at some point the waiters were also discussing their social life just when the songs were extremely soft and quiet. also, there were reminders in every table that the minimum consumption was $10...I paid the ticket to be there!, why are you charging me 10 extra bucks if I want to sit down!

then, almost at the end of the show,  peter hammill said it was an honor for the band to play there because of the history of the place, but i thought to myself, how sad it was that the staff didn't have the minimum respect for the music, the band, the patrons or the place they work for.

i won't come back there again, that's for sure.
zorra

azaghal1981

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2012, 10:51:31 pm »
Wow that's a shame. I thought about hitting that show up and probably should have due to it being such a rarity and the fact that I've never seen them. I hate the minimum consumption thing and had no clue that they did that. Twins also do that and that is the biggest reason why I will never be back there.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »
went to see van der graaf generator tonight at the howard theatre. the band was great, as always, but i just can't get over how unprofessional and unpleasant the staff there was. the freaking bartenders were talking very loudly the whole damn show, and at some point the waiters were also discussing their social life just when the songs were extremely soft and quiet. also, there were reminders in every table that the minimum consumption was $10...I paid the ticket to be there!, why are you charging me 10 extra bucks if I want to sit down!

then, almost at the end of the show,  peter hammill said it was an honor for the band to play there because of the history of the place, but i thought to myself, how sad it was that the staff didn't have the minimum respect for the music, the band, the patrons or the place they work for.

i won't come back there again, that's for sure.

I would email the venue and let them know your thoughts so they can improve..

lagas

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2012, 10:16:24 am »
who else went to the men last night, I was surprised they only played a 40 min set, unless they came back later after I left...

it was good though, but really short...
zorra

lagas

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2012, 07:39:06 am »
For the record, Roger Waters' show last night was pretty good
zorra

Yada

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2012, 08:45:09 am »
For the record, Roger Waters' show last night was pretty good

It was fucking incredible...So glad I pulled the trigger on tickets. Amazing.