Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1294611 times)

K8teebug

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2012, 03:27:01 pm »
I was too, but I was too shy to say hello.  Got to talk with her after the show though. 

hutch

« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2012, 04:07:51 pm »
corin tucker rocks... i am sorry i missed it...

atomicfront

« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2012, 09:58:09 am »
Jens Lekman was pretty amazing. Best show I have seen since Polyphonic Spree.  He did tell a lot of stories on stage and was a lot more energetic than I would have expected.  2 encores.  I am sure the crowd would have insisted on more but Jens said he was under a hard curfew of 8:52.  That is kind of ridiculous. 

At least I saved money on beer as I wasn't in a drinking mood at 6.   Place was pretty full for the early hour though.

Classic as I was leaving a Silversun Pickups fan tried to run us down in the crosswalk in their 3 series bmw.  The car of the asshole.   You know the person who wants to act like they have money but really don't so they get a cheap bmw so they can look like they have money and then drive around like an asshole because they can't afford their car payments.

azaghal1981

« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2012, 12:00:27 pm »
The hard curfew was 9. That is standard practice for an early show at the club if the late doors are 10:00. And yeah, great show. He is so much better with a band than when he plays solo. His first Black Cat show is still my favorite of his DC appearances but last night was a close second.

Still reeling from the Swans show. Each time I have seen them was totally different from the others but all have been intense marathons with huge hills and valleys.
A Hawk and A Hacksaw were a treat as well.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:39 pm »
Swans were great.  How long did they end up playing?  I watched an hour up front, and 30 minutes in the back and decided to leave.  It was brutal in a good way.  The volume was so extreme, my nice ear plugs barely made a difference.  And as for the heat of the club, i observed someone bring a band member to the thermostat, and shined a flashlight on it to verify the temp was high enough. 

Sorry I couldnt chill with you and Joe.  I got to the area at 9:10, but wasnt able to park and get in line until almost 10:00.  I wandering around a few times looking for you guys, but no dice.

Captain Jack

« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »
Swans was great. It had to have been over two hours. It looked like NPR had a computer/mixer there. I hope the whole set gets put up online.

azaghal1981

« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
I had roughly 2:05.

Killsaly, Joe told me you had an issue parking. That area is getting worse and worse parkingwise.

احمد

killsaly

« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »
I drove past the Black Cat at about 9:00, and wasnt able to find a parking spot until about 9:40.  The spot was pretty good though, but not worth driving so much.  If I had realized it was so bad I would have just parked at Greenbelt and rode the Metro in. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
I have known a few who have lost their patience on busy nights and went home. So it doesn't surprise me at all that it would take you that long.

احمد

killsaly

« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2012, 11:09:54 pm »
The rubber duck on top of the Orange head was a nice touch. 

Unsanity

« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2012, 06:58:26 am »
Looks like that Swans show rocked. I should go see them sometime.

I went to see Larry and His Flask w/ Willy Tea Taylor at the Velvet Lounge last night and man they REALLY need to stop that DJ crap when artists are playing upstairs. When musicians onstage have to mention the "thump thump" coming from another floor you know its bad!

azaghal1981

« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2012, 07:17:43 am »
I am so done with that piece of shit venue.
The sound dudes upstairs are great and try their hardest to make the best of a crappy predicament but the bar staff, management and DJ's just seem to not give a fuck.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2012, 10:02:40 am »
Coward from this swans tour

One of the peaks of the set.
احمد

Yada

« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2012, 12:23:53 pm »
So after last night, that's two visits to the Fillmore in the past two years, wow... what an awful place.

It was oversold by at least 10%, maybe more... I feel like they take advantage of the few good shows they get and over sell the shit out of it to make up for all the other crappy tickets sales. It was about 100 degrees in the back towards the doors, but cooler as you got closer to the stage which was strange. Doors opened at 6:30, yet at 8pm the line still snaked around the block.

Hopefully I won't be back for another year.

hutch

« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2012, 12:40:12 pm »
So after last night, that's two visits to the Fillmore in the past two years, wow... what an awful place.

It was oversold by at least 10%, maybe more... I feel like they take advantage of the few good shows they get and over sell the shit out of it to make up for all the other crappy tickets sales. It was about 100 degrees in the back towards the doors, but cooler as you got closer to the stage which was strange. Doors opened at 6:30, yet at 8pm the line still snaked around the block.

Hopefully I won't be back for another year.

yeah.. I've gone to two shows and hope to not return...