Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268803 times)

Relaxer

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »
Yada, what show was it?
oword

hutch

« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2012, 12:51:34 pm »
Yada, what show was it?

Trey Anastasio Band

Yada

« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2012, 10:58:19 am »
Amazing Sean Hayes show at Iota yesterday for the matinee. It's a shame he doesn't tour too often.

Yada

« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2012, 10:28:40 am »
Loved the Meter Men last night... Zigaboo and Porter are probably my favorite rhythm section.. that shit is tight... definitely a bucket list show.. for those that don't know Art Neville was not with them on keys and instead Page McConnel of Phish played with them on the four night tour

Most of the people there came to see Page I think but he knew he was the luckiest guy there and he talked about it..

Got there about 8:18 and they were on... advertised as 8 pm show... i think they'd just started.... the first sent went on til somewhere around 9:30.. then they took a long break.. kind of like a Phish show i guess. and came back on probably past 10 and played til close to midnight.. it was a long show..there was the GO VOTE, the  tribute to the Howard and how glad they were to be playing it as they never had before and all the history yada yada, a Romney diss, etc..

Highlights were two or three Meters instrumentals ffrom the first album (Cissy Strut? I never can keep them straight) which they jammed out to 12 or more minute versions... ended first set with Africa which went on forever and ever... it was "that shit is sick" version... second set was less my bag but a very nice Hey Pocky Way and they ended the second set with a great It Ain't no use which also went on for about 15 minutes introduced by Leo Nocentelli soloing for about 2-3 minutes.... they then took a real short break..shook hands with crowd, George Porter thanked the crowd.. and they played one more tune which Im' forgetting title (from Rejuvenation which is my favortie album and I think they played five tracks from that)...

.had to drive home and boy were there a lot of drunk kids driving around Golden Triangle on Rhode Island/Conn Ave... sad.

one for the record books and i'm glad i made it out.. oh one thing about Howard.. on the $$35 ticket i bought at door they tacked on $7.50 in charges... talk about bullshit.. why say ts $35 if you can't ever buy it for less... beer prices at howard are almost standard bar prices so thats nice.

Agreed... completely awesome show. Leo is a little boring on the guitar but as you said, the rythmn section is one of the best ever. They definitely ripped through their "greatest" hits and played some lesser known "deep cuts", thanks to Page actually who requested they learn some of their old tunes rather than play a few Phish songs.

First time at the Howard, really cool spot... Gorgeous theatre, great sound, a TON of room on the floor. Service was awful for food/drinks upstairs prior to the show, but I'd say that's pretty much expected. Lots and lots of white people there!

I will be back.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2012, 10:32:59 am »
maybe that is why the service is so bad . . . too many white people.  they ruin everything.

Yada

« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2012, 10:42:50 am »
maybe that is why the service is so bad . . . too many white people.  they ruin everything.

racist.

hutch

« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:59 am »
The Howard has excellent sight lines and sound.. that is a big plus.

Yada

« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2012, 12:03:44 pm »
The Howard has excellent sight lines and sound.. that is a big plus.

Indeed... not a bad seat in the house. I was told that normally the floor has high top tables which I guess could be a bit annoying depending on the act.

notme

« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2012, 03:06:41 pm »
howard has 3 stacks of pa speakers.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2012, 09:05:05 am »
Pre-Show banter:  I can't believe Social D still draws like they do.  The show I saw at Rams Head a few years ago was pretty slick/polished.....and pretty boring.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2012, 09:21:54 am »
social d is like neil young.

you can listen to a song from yesterday or a song from twenty years ago . . . it is the same song.

Relaxer

« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2012, 10:29:23 am »
Neil Young plays the same song over and over decade after decade? So Trans, Freedom, Ragged Glory, Harvest Moon, Greendale, Le Noise, and most recently Psychedelic Pill all sound the same?

Follow-up question: Do you think about asinine comments like these before you post them or do they fly out your butt and go immediately onto the screen?
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2012, 11:57:29 am »
from live rust:

some guy from the audience - "it all sounds the same"

neil - "its all the same song"

flying out of my butt . . . is my speciality.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2012, 11:58:46 am »
and yes . . . social d does sound the same forever.  no arguement  there.

take that from my butt.

James Ford

« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:20 pm »
Mommy's Little Monster was alot of fun. But agreed, after that they've basically been putting out the same album.