Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268174 times)

atomicfront

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »
I've largely ignored him for the past few weeks..unfortunately him and ratbastard are killing this forum for me.

I thought you were killing the forum.   As you don't see any bands who have been relevant in the past 25 years and your constant simplistic political views.  You and Ratbastard are quite similar politically.

James Ford

« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:06 am »
Am I going to get slammed for bringing my five year old to a Cody Chesnutt show at the Hamilton on Valentine's Day on a school night? She ended up losing maybe 45 mins of sleep.

Cody was very good. Didn?t play any of the old stuff, which was fine because the only song I remember is the one the Roots reworked.. Changed the arrangements to much of the new stuff, which was cool. Though he didn?t have a horn section?.boo. Table service was terrible, food was good, not great. A pitcher of Heavy Seas Loose Cannon was $24, probably a lot cheaper than buying the equivalent of that amount at a 9:30 show. My wife enjoyed the show, my daughter tolerated it tolerated it (the pizza and cake helped), until she fell asleep at the table midway through Cody?s set. However, before falling asleep, she did write a Valentine?s poem (on her own, unprompted):

Choklit is brown
I (symbol for heart) u!
The more you eat
The more you poo

Yada

« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2013, 11:38:48 am »
Since I'm the only person who participates in this thread, I'll bump it.

Saw Rancid last night, holy shit it was awesome. I admittedly haven't been to a punk rock show in at least 10 years, but they completely ripped.

I also haven't listened to a new album of theirs since probably 2000, but I liked most of the new (er) material.

The moshing was bonkers.

hutch

« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »
stones in phily was good... highlight for me was the rambler with mick taylor...real nice... also dead flowers..

almost surely going to pass on the dc show now...

i have to say i'm not sure if keith is even playing most of the time.. to me the whole show seems designed to cover up for the fact he is pretty much done...a lot of smiling on his part but the heavy lifting was done by ronnie....

atomicfront

« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2013, 12:23:48 pm »
stones in phily was good... highlight for me was the rambler with mick taylor...real nice... also dead flowers..

i have to say i'm not sure if keith is even playing most of the time.. to me the whole show seems designed to cover up for the fact he is pretty much done...a lot of smiling on his part but the heavy lifting was done by ronnie....

I think he has been done for 30 years.  Anyway you paid for a Stones show but you are complaining about the cost of the Franz Ferdinand show? 

hutch

« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2013, 12:38:37 pm »

I think he has been done for 30 years.  Anyway you paid for a Stones show but you are complaining about the cost of the Franz Ferdinand show? 

stones shows cost the same in philly and dc ...$85 all in.. pretty close to franz ferdinand's jacked up dc price.. not sure how much franz is when you factor fees.. could be close to $70

James Ford

« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »
The venues the Stone are playing in are more intimate and better sound quality, so those things alone would justify the higher prices, right?

hutch

« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2013, 12:47:11 pm »
The venues the Stone are playing in are more intimate and better sound quality, so those things alone would justify the higher prices, right?

umm.. I know you didn't have a chance to go to college (I really do hope you are saving up for your kids seeing how they're not going the scholarship route... we're rooting for you guys to get a college educated person in the family) but its called supply and demand.. look it up sometime..

you see, if a lot of people want to see you they pay more money and the venues get bigger... now if you're gary louris, yeah, well you'll be at jammin' java next year

James Ford

« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2013, 01:07:45 pm »
Sorry, would rather give my $25 to a locally owned club with talented performers than $85 to a venue with a corporate name hosting multi-millionaires. That leaves $60 for the college fund and good beer funds!

And my kid's white. Of course she's not going to get any scholarships.

umm.. I know you didn't have a chance to go to college (I really do hope you are saving up for your kids seeing how they're not going the scholarship route... we're rooting for you guys to get a college educated person in the family) but its called supply and demand.. look it up sometime..

you see, if a lot of people want to see you they pay more money and the venues get bigger... now if you're gary louris, yeah, well you'll be at jammin' java next year
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:10:00 pm by James Ford »

hutch

« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2013, 01:13:57 pm »
Sorry, would rather give my $25 to a locally owned club with talented performers than $85 to a venue with a corporate name hosting multi-millionaires. That leaves $60 for the college fund and good beer funds!

talented performers? most of the time they have hacks

i wish jammin java had great shows... i'm not too far... but they only have something decent every few months and on ocassion when they do they charge $45 (Dement)...wtf.

Yada

« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2013, 01:16:25 pm »

Lies, you've never paid $25 for a concert ticket!

stevewizzle

« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2013, 02:21:54 pm »

no

atomicfront

« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »

stones shows cost the same in philly and dc ...$85 all in.. pretty close to franz ferdinand's jacked up dc price.. not sure how much franz is when you factor fees.. could be close to $70

Oh I thought you said you paid 625 dollars for the ticket. 

James Ford

« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2013, 05:08:06 pm »
Interesting statistic, but when you factor in the (much higher) minority dropout rate as well as the (higher) percentages who don't go to college...that would probably tell the whole story....

Then again, of kids under 6 right now, 49.9% are "minority". So that term is soon to be obsolete anyway.

In fact, they are less likely to receive college scholarships. And they represent about a third of the applicants, but only about 28 percent of the recipients. Caucasian students receive 72 percent of all scholarships. Minority students receive only 28 percent of all scholarships.

no

atomicfront

« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »
Interesting statistic, but when you factor in the (much higher) minority dropout rate as well as the (higher) percentages who don't go to college...that would probably tell the whole story....

Then again, of kids under 6 right now, 49.9% are "minority". So that term is soon to be obsolete anyway.

In fact, they are less likely to receive college scholarships. And they represent about a third of the applicants, but only about 28 percent of the recipients. Caucasian students receive 72 percent of all scholarships. Minority students receive only 28 percent of all scholarships.

no

Why do asian minorities have no problems getting good grades and scoring well on standardized tests?  I like how colleges don't give help to asian minorities on admittance yet they do on other minorities.  That should be illegal.