Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268336 times)

gavroche

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #480 on: November 14, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »
Gary Clark played for about an hour and 40 minutes last night. That time FLEW by. I also think he played about 11 songs or so lol every tune broke into a guitar solo. So rad.

I went to this (Tuesday show) and enjoyed it.  A bit too much guitar noodling for my taste, but I like his songs a lot.  Annoying crowd around me, lots of talking and people on cell phones.  It also started at 10:00 (as it was supposed to), and there were a lot of early exits.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #481 on: November 14, 2013, 04:04:49 pm »
Gary Clark played for about an hour and 40 minutes last night. That time FLEW by. I also think he played about 11 songs or so lol every tune broke into a guitar solo. So rad.

I went to this (Tuesday show) and enjoyed it.  A bit too much guitar noodling for my taste, but I like his songs a lot.  Annoying crowd around me, lots of talking and people on cell phones.  It also started at 10:00 (as it was supposed to), and there were a lot of early exits.
There was an insanely drunk dude next to me who was swaying like a wild man in between songs, then during songs he would yell and bump into people. I was able to move my way through the crowd down to the food window and it was fine there. I felt like a lot of people did leave early... I was able to run to the metro and catch my train though! It was close.
‼‼?‼‼

analogfossa

« Reply #482 on: November 14, 2013, 06:09:58 pm »
Not seeing any posting about it but went up to see MBV in philly. The reviews seem positive and they should be. My only disagreement was the level of loudness by MBV. It was loud but not earsplitting imoh. Also: Dumb Numbers were awful except for Murph from Dinosuar Jr. Murph is a fucking beast on drums.

« Reply #483 on: November 14, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »
sidehatch was at hayden  I think though so he can chime in I guess... you probably saw him...stocky balding 40 something dude probably wearing a too tight shirt... ;D
sadly didn't make it...was very much planning on it then 9:00 hit and I was ready for bed (was out late in Bmore the night before catching the Sat. Nite Duets....with a crowd of 10)

not sure I like the description...
I was thinking: a Jason Statham stunt double wearing something fiendishly hip but still looking appropriate for age/build
slack

Yada

« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2013, 12:04:18 pm »
Mike Doughty exceeded all expectations on Friday night. Great show, played a ton of classic Soul Coughing tunes, and I enjoyed it much much more than his stale solo schtick of the past 12 years or so.

I also forgot what it was like to be in a non crammed 930 club. 

Good stuff.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2013, 12:06:55 pm »
mickey hart band . . . best "non crammed" experience i had at the club

hutch

« Reply #486 on: November 25, 2013, 12:51:18 pm »
mickey hart band . . . best "non crammed" experience i had at the club

non crammed... is that a double entendre?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »
is that a drink made with whiskey?

Yada

« Reply #488 on: December 08, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »
Matthew E. White and his band put on the show of the year last night at R+R Hotel.

I saw him there a year ago which was his first time in DC and the way his band has matured is pretty mind blowing. He said they played roughly 150 shows in the past year and it shows. The addition of horns and a percussionist added a great element.

If his show next weekend wasn't on a Sunday, I'd ponder paying Julian a visit in Richmond. I think this is a band that anyone that loves music would enjoy.

hutch

« Reply #489 on: December 08, 2013, 05:06:21 pm »
Matthew E. White and his band put on the show of the year last night at R+R Hotel.

whoa..strong words.. how do i know its not the beer talkin'?

;D

in all seriousness...awesome man... i'll have to check him out the next time..

Yada

« Reply #490 on: December 08, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

whoa..strong words.. how do i know its not the beer talkin'?

;D

in all seriousness...awesome man... i'll have to check him out the next time..

I'm just being a little bold on this here Sunday... haven't even cracked a beer yet, but I'm about to.

My buddy and I were talking though and I could see this guy just completely slipping into obscurity... it would be a shame, but he's super humble and beyond talented. Anyway, hadn't seen a show that was goosebump inducing multiple times throughout the night in along time.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #491 on: December 08, 2013, 05:33:04 pm »
was there a horn section?

he doesn't have much of a vocal range...I think Yada was just drunk.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:44:25 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #492 on: December 08, 2013, 05:40:04 pm »
was there a horn section?

two horns and a percussionist.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #493 on: December 16, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »
Queens of the Stone Age basically just burnt RVA to the ground. Holy god, show of the year contender.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #494 on: December 16, 2013, 11:47:39 pm »
richmond burnt to the ground . . . wouldnt be much of a loss.