Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268291 times)

atomic

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #510 on: January 25, 2014, 12:14:47 am »
After the show at the Floristree last night I looked around for Killsally and then I realized I had no clue as to what he looked like. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #511 on: January 25, 2014, 03:38:57 am »
I thought you said you saw me at Neutral Milk Hotel?

Either way, I ended up skipping it.  I heard it was amazing, and already regret that decision.   

Pixies at Electric Factory last night was a fun 90 minutes.  Even with the 4.5 hours of driving time, I still think I made the right choice of seeing them at Electric Factory instead of Strathmore.

I caught the last few songs of Fidlar and was glad I didnt get there any earlier.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:51:44 am by Hexenjagd »

Yada

« Reply #512 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:59 am »

Either way, I ended up skipping it.  I heard it was amazing, and already regret that decision.   

Pixies at Electric Factory last night was a fun 90 minutes.  Even with the 4.5 hours of driving time, I still think I made the right choice of seeing them at Electric Factory instead of Strathmore.

I caught the last few songs of Fidlar and was glad I didnt get there any earlier.

Atomic is having a hard time keeping his schtick straight.

azaghal1981

« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2014, 11:52:03 am »
Best Waxahatchee set I've caught yet. Her tweet after just about sums it up. https://twitter.com/k_crutchfield/status/426956793236189184
احمد

andyrichter

« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2014, 03:57:27 pm »

I was at the Pixies show last night too.  I had a great time.  I wasn't disappointed at the lack of encore because they did play like you said 90 minutes.  Crowd was fun too, looked like the kids were having a blast moshing.  Fidlar was dreadful.  You didn't miss much.

stevewizzle

« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2014, 04:06:53 pm »

I was at the Pixies show last night too.  I had a great time.  I wasn't disappointed at the lack of encore because they did play like you said 90 minutes.  Crowd was fun too, looked like the kids were having a blast moshing.  Fidlar was dreadful.  You didn't miss much.
any reason why fidlar sucked? curious.

i didn't know pixies were a moshing occasion.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2014, 04:08:37 pm »
I usually don't talk shit about bands, bit yeah, fidlar were pretty bad on the four songs I heard.

Fidlar sounded generic... Kind of like some bar band playing their originals instead of the covers.

andyrichter

« Reply #517 on: January 25, 2014, 05:42:21 pm »

any reason why fidlar sucked? curious.

i didn't know pixies were a moshing occasion.

Fidlar just sounds like a very generic pop punky/bro rock/quasi surfy/ garage band that I imagine are from California that sings about partying, drinking, and drugs.  I've heard them in some form or fashion about a hundred times over in the past.  Nothing remotely interesting, catchy, or memorable about their songs.  The kids up front liked them.

I didn't know the pixies inspired moshing but they did last night. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:46:53 pm by andyrichter »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #518 on: January 26, 2014, 02:23:02 am »
Best Waxahatchee set I've caught yet. Her tweet after just about sums it up. https://twitter.com/k_crutchfield/status/426956793236189184
My first time seeing her tonite. Not a big fan going in but a great, great set. Liked the opener with dogs in their name too.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #519 on: January 26, 2014, 03:56:58 am »
Yeah I dug both openers Friday. Was looking forward to All Dogs for a while and they delivered and Cayetana was a bonus. Their singer had a Mountain Goats-esque delivery thing happening.
احمد

Yada

« Reply #520 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:52 pm »
Mr. Stephen Malkmus really mailed it in on Friday night at the Black Cat... my least favorite show I've ever seen of his.

azaghal1981

« Reply #521 on: March 03, 2014, 01:23:40 am »
^This is how I felt about the last 930 show and why I didn't jump on tickets to Friday's show.

That St. Vincent show was pretty fucking epic. Went mostly for Holly Herndon but very happy I stuck around.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #522 on: March 03, 2014, 10:56:35 am »
Mr. Stephen Malkmus really mailed it in on Friday night at the Black Cat... my least favorite show I've ever seen of his.

damn... sorry to read that..what did he play?

guess it really is over...

and the new album is good too...

i wonder what is next for malkmus? wait 4 years for a  new album and another tour of even smalller places? live off the wife's job? reunite pavement for new album with reunnion tour?

he's running out of options musicwise..

maybe he'll find a new career...

Yada

« Reply #523 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:14 am »

damn... sorry to read that..what did he play?

guess it really is over...

and the new album is good too...

i wonder what is next for malkmus? wait 4 years for a  new album and another tour of even smalller places? live off the wife's job? reunite pavement for new album with reunnion tour?

he's running out of options musicwise..

maybe he'll find a new career...

I wouldn't call it over... and I'll most likely go see him again when he rolls through town in a handful of years, but I think it was just an off night. In my opinion, it's strange seeing a band that just doesn't care and I really got that vibe the other night. That mixed with a sold out Black Cat, starting after 11pm (yes, i'm an old fart)... it just wasn't a great show.

It was heavy on tunes from the last two albums plus a few favorites like Jenny and The Ess Dog and Baby C'mon. The encore had a few really deep Pavement cuts from Watery Domestic and Perfect Sound Forever... then a Fleetwood Mac and Velvet Underground cover.

I'm all for a Pavement reunion.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #524 on: March 03, 2014, 11:19:18 am »
I'm all for a Pavement reunion.
This.

I think it's weird having went to both the NMH and Pavement reunion tours (who are similar in that they're both bands primarily from the 90's who waited a decade plus to finally give in and reunite). I left Pavement's show going "I would go see that band every year if they reformed permanently," and I left NMH going, "I really have no interest in seeing them again." On pure "how good was the set," they were probably even or maybe NHM was a bit more technically proficient, but I just wouldn't go see NMH again if I had the chance (unless it was free or something) whereas I'd go see Pavement every summer like some people do Pearl Jam.
LVMH