Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1289756 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #525 on: March 03, 2014, 11:22:08 am »
I'm all for a Pavement reunion.
This.

I think it's weird having went to both the NMH and Pavement reunion tours (who are similar in that they're both bands primarily from the 90's who waited a decade plus to finally give in and reunite). I left Pavement's show going "I would go see that band every year if they reformed permanently," and I left NMH going, "I really have no interest in seeing them again." On pure "how good was the set," they were probably even or maybe NHM was a bit more technically proficient, but I just wouldn't go see NMH again if I had the chance (unless it was free or something) whereas I'd go see Pavement every summer like some people do Pearl Jam.

Yeah... I'd see Pavement every time they rolled through town. They also have a catalog over 100 awesome songs where I'm assuming Neutral Milk Hotel plays their one boring album every show?

I do wonder how Stephen Malkmus has any money... maybe him and his wife have trust funds.

azaghal1981

« Reply #526 on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:32 am »
Didn't the Pavement shows slowly devolve to where it was a mess on the last leg of shows?

P.S. Still bitter about DC getting shafted out of a Pavement show because of V-Fest. I think Joe mentioned to me that Malkmus expressed some dismay about this in Philly, too.

احمد

James Ford

« Reply #527 on: March 03, 2014, 11:24:39 am »
I've always assumed that was the case with most indie rock musicians.

This.

I think it's weird having went to both the NMH and Pavement reunion tours (who are similar in that they're both bands primarily from the 90's who waited a decade plus to finally give in and reunite). I left Pavement's show going "I would go see that band every year if they reformed permanently," and I left NMH going, "I really have no interest in seeing them again." On pure "how good was the set," they were probably even or maybe NHM was a bit more technically proficient, but I just wouldn't go see NMH again if I had the chance (unless it was free or something) whereas I'd go see Pavement every summer like some people do Pearl Jam.

Yeah... I'd see Pavement every time they rolled through town. They also have a catalog over 100 awesome songs where I'm assuming Neutral Milk Hotel plays their one boring album every show?

I do wonder how Stephen Malkmus has any money... maybe him and his wife have trust funds.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #528 on: March 03, 2014, 11:27:58 am »
To be fair, NMH played basically every song off both LPs but yeah, I think that's probably what it comes down to for me as well.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #529 on: March 03, 2014, 11:29:09 am »
Didn't the Pavement shows slowly devolve to where it was a mess on the last leg of shows?

P.S. Still bitter about DC getting shafted out of a Pavement show because of V-Fest. I think Joe mentioned to me that Malkmus expressed some dismay about this in Philly, too.

I saw one show and highly enjoyed it... I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some of the shows sucked, but I think that comes down to the mood of Malkmus on a certain evening.

atomic

« Reply #530 on: March 03, 2014, 11:29:54 am »
This.

Funny when I saw Pavement I left halfway through as they were so boring. Neutral Milk Hotel still sounds exciting and fresh.  Are you another guy on here stuck in the past?

atomic

« Reply #531 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:02 am »
This.

You are boring.  Neutral Milk Hotel has more great songs one on album than Pavement did on 4.  Not even close.

« Reply #532 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:36 am »
Are you another guy on here stuck in the past?
I think anyone who is totally hyped over a band that hasn't put out a record in ~15 years (NMH or Pavement) is in some way stuck in the past.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #533 on: March 03, 2014, 11:32:08 am »
This.

Funny when I saw Pavement I left halfway through as they were so boring. Neutral Milk Hotel still sounds exciting and fresh.  Are you another guy on here stuck in the past?

Every time Pavement is brought up on this here board, you make the same post.

Exciting and fresh?? LOL.

Yada

« Reply #534 on: March 03, 2014, 11:33:12 am »
This.

You are boring.  Neutral Milk Hotel has more great songs one on album than Pavement did on 4.  Not even close.

Thanks again for your input, learn to type.

atomic

« Reply #535 on: March 03, 2014, 11:38:31 am »
This.

I wouldn't have commented on Pavement as they are another boring has-been band but you somehow decided to insult Rock Gods Neutral Milk Hotel.  But I suggest they do come up with another album.  They might make something interesting.  Anyway Malkmus' solo work is awful.  I have no idea why anyone would attend his shows. 

I wonder why people on here like has-been bands so much.  It is quite a mystery.

Yada

« Reply #536 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40:42 am »
This.

I wouldn't have commented on Pavement as they are another boring has-been band but you somehow decided to insult Rock Gods Neutral Milk Hotel.  But I suggest they do come up with another album.  They might make something interesting.  Anyway Malkmus' solo work is awful.  I have no idea why anyone would attend his shows. 

I wonder why people on here like has-been bands so much.  It is quite a mystery.

You're touting a band that hasn't released an album since 1998 as exciting and fresh... on top of that freshness, what else has Jeff Magnum contributed to? A few random albums throughout the 00's?

« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2014, 11:42:28 am »
No, guys, Atomic is right. Malkmus' solo work is far surpassed by Magnum's field recordings of Bavarian folk festivals. Let's all just admit it.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:06 am »
No, guys, Atomic is right. Malkmus' solo work is far surpassed by Magnum's field recordings of Bavarian folk festivals. Let's all just admit it.

I'm willing to bet atomic has never listened to a Malkmus solo album, not enough Grapes of Wrathy feel in his outfits.

hutch

« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:37 am »
problem with pavement reunion is that malkmus is pavement and the other dudes are kinda annoying to me...

what exactly do the other guys bring to the table? when i saw the pavement show at virgin freefest iwas like
"wait a  minute,its a malkmus solo show alll but in name only!"

also i like malkmus' solo stuff a lot...i'lll take a lot of it over the last two pavement albums...

the only way it could work for me would be some pavement master album release but then agaiin we're back where we started because it would be a malkmus album

another option is malkmus could try some other band concept...but his music is so distinctive it would just sound like a malkmus solo album

anyways i'm just grateful for his music...

any way you slice it yesterday's heroes are today's zeroes.....very few exceptions to that rule..