Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268855 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #570 on: April 04, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »
lucky guy! i'm convinced i belong there... hopefully someday!

i certainly feel that way.  i miss living in a slightly more urban setting, but it's a fine trade-off for everything else the PNW offers.

James Ford

« Reply #571 on: April 04, 2014, 05:17:27 pm »
If you wanted urban, you should have moved to the neighborhood the Croc is in instead of the neighborhood the Tractor is in. Amirite?

i certainly feel that way.  i miss living in a slightly more urban setting, but it's a fine trade-off for everything else the PNW offers.

hutch

« Reply #572 on: April 04, 2014, 05:25:36 pm »
you'll never meet anyone from seattle who doesn't spend 24/7 talking about how great seattle is...

James Ford

« Reply #573 on: April 04, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »
My brother hates it there and thinks a move back to upstate New York will cure his ills.

But he's an odd fellow.

I love Seattle but I'd take Portland over Seattle based on it being smaller.

you'll never meet anyone from seattle who doesn't spend 24/7 talking about how great seattle is...

stevewizzle

« Reply #574 on: April 04, 2014, 05:50:21 pm »
If you wanted urban, you should have moved to the neighborhood the Croc is in instead of the neighborhood the Tractor is in. Amirite?

you're right, but probably won't be moving down next to the crocodile anytime soon. doesn't have much of a neighborhood feel, it's surrounded by a lot of hotels, and pricey.

i started this conversation by talking about how great DC is, you crotchety old man.  but seattle is pretty great ;)

hutch

« Reply #575 on: April 04, 2014, 11:18:40 pm »

i started this conversation by talking about how great DC is, you crotchety old man.  but seattle is pretty great ;)

I'm extra aware of this Seattle bias given my partner is from Seattle.... its all I hear from her and her folks...

I must admit I did like Seattle ... just never known a place people are so proud to be from...

atomic

« Reply #576 on: April 04, 2014, 11:39:48 pm »

I'm extra aware of this Seattle bias given my partner is from Seattle.... its all I hear from her and her folks...

I must admit I did like Seattle ... just never known a place people are so proud to be from...

You aren't married?  Are you a chick?  I can't believe a chick has such awful taste in music.

stevewizzle

« Reply #577 on: April 05, 2014, 02:28:09 am »
i can see where you could draw that conclusion from that post atomic, but no, hutch is not a lesbian.

at least i don't think he is.

stevewizzle

« Reply #578 on: April 05, 2014, 02:30:53 am »

i don't hear that from people very often, but rarely do i hear people complaining about the area. but locals do this post-pretentious thing on sunny days where they tell u it's always raining here. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:32:49 am by stevewizzle »

betao

« Reply #579 on: April 05, 2014, 08:40:58 am »
Kraftwerk was really cool.

But my god, was that crowded. Way too crowded. I mean, I know it was sold out and all, but I don't think I've ever seen it that filled.

(in reference to the 10pm gig, although I imagine the 6pm show wasn't much different).

hutch

« Reply #580 on: April 05, 2014, 09:02:18 am »
Let me be clear Seattle pride is a great thing... you want people to love where they live.....was just commenting about how it can be a bit overdone...I always consider moving to Seattle an option

My partner is my spouse and mother of my two children...we've lived together going on 12 years....maybe one day we'll get  a piece of paper..I really don't care about it..... jjust about every wedding I've gone to has been a boring chore and the divorces are starting to slowly roll in among my friends who got the piece of paper...

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #581 on: April 05, 2014, 09:50:41 am »
Kraftwerk was really cool.

But my god, was that crowded. Way too crowded. I mean, I know it was sold out and all, but I don't think I've ever seen it that filled.

(in reference to the 10pm gig, although I imagine the 6pm show wasn't much different).

The early show was super-crowded, too.  Not queens-of-the-stoneage-crowded, but much more so than usual.  I ended up leaving before they were done.  2 hours of being that uncomfortable was more than enough.  Kraftwerk were really good though.  The 3-D stuff was pretty crazy at times.

betao

« Reply #582 on: April 05, 2014, 10:23:33 am »
We left a little early too. I was getting tired of people having to push past you because it was that crowded. Just a public service announcement for concert goers: During an overly packed sold out gig, you can choose between either 1) having a good spot to see the show, or 2) being able to continuously get your beer throughout the night. You can't have both.

set1914

« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2014, 11:06:35 am »
Right there with you on this one. The wife and I went with 1. and got our drinks before the show started. Stayed till the end of the show and by that time up stairs had thinned out a bit. The only bad we had was having to deal with the drunk guy that could not dance, but still was and bumping in to everyone. It was a great show (was at the 10pm one) and still can not believe they played two solid hours. It was money well spent. Saw them the last time they played here and that show was great, but this one was way better.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #584 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:12 am »
I wonder if the downstairs was more crowded than usual due to people wanting to see the projections, as the balcony wasn't that packed where i was.
T.Rex