Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268535 times)

dyecraig

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #585 on: April 05, 2014, 11:54:18 am »
Kraftwerk early show - we were down front leaning on the rail stage right, plenty of mobility and breathing room except for the occasional drink runners going sideways.
The 3D was great (in a cheesy 50's way) from our vantage point (especially the satellite near-collision). 
I don't remember any merch last time ('04 or 5?), but after a fine dinner @ oohs & aahs (cash only) while trying to forget the hell-drive into town, I'll be fine with the free glasses.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:07:35 pm by dyecraig »

atomic

« Reply #586 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »
Let me be clear Seattle pride is a great thing... you want people to love where they live.....was just commenting about how it can be a bit overdone...I always consider moving to Seattle an option

My partner is my spouse and mother of my two children...we've lived together going on 12 years....maybe one day we'll get  a piece of paper..I really don't care about it..... jjust about every wedding I've gone to has been a boring chore and the divorces are starting to slowly roll in among my friends who got the piece of paper...

Most couples who aren't married separate by the time their children are 10.  Weddings are fun.  Unlimited booze, dancing, and a dj.  What more do you need?  Anyway I think girlfriend or my babies mommy are appropriate terms.

hutch

« Reply #587 on: April 05, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »

Most couples who aren't married separate by the time their children are 10. 

Wait a minute didn't you say you were a divorcee?

atomic

« Reply #588 on: April 05, 2014, 10:49:58 pm »

I was married 17 years and lived with my first wife before marriage for several years.  Didn't have any kids.  I don't know why you are turning this around on me.  Why didn't you get married before you had kids?  Seems like you should just go to the court house and get married.  You could have died in accident and there could have been legal problems for your babies mommy.  We'll I don't really care I don't know why I am giving you advice.  Just talking out my ass.   Just have never heard anyone call someone of the opposite sex their partner other than members of a law firm.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:59:42 pm by atomic »

hutch

« Reply #589 on: April 05, 2014, 11:07:43 pm »

I was married 17 years and lived with my first wife before marriage for several years.  Didn't have any kids.  I don't know why you are turning this around on me.  Why didn't you get married before you had kids?  Seems like you should just go to the court house and get married.  You could have died in accident and there could have been legal problems for your babies mommy.  We'll I don't really care I don't know why I am giving you advice.  Just talking out my ass.   Just have never heard anyone call someone of the opposite sex their partner other than members of a law firm.

Well I can let you know now......it should be somewhere in 9 years or so!

If I am in a relationship with someone and I call her my partner - and she is my legally registered partner- that is my business... if you don't like it...well....don't.

But it really takes some chutzpah for a person or imaginary computer character who had a failed marriage (was it 1 or 2 by the way?) to be carping about separation rates amongst legally unmarried couples.. and to try to diminish my partner as a mere "girlfriend" or "mommy of my babies"... boy. get the fuck out.

atomic

« Reply #590 on: April 06, 2014, 12:32:37 am »

Well I can let you know now......it should be somewhere in 9 years or so!

If I am in a relationship with someone and I call her my partner - and she is my legally registered partner- that is my business... if you don't like it...well....don't.

But it really takes some chutzpah for a person or imaginary computer character who had a failed marriage (was it 1 or 2 by the way?) to be carping about separation rates amongst legally unmarried couples.. and to try to diminish my partner as a mere "girlfriend" or "mommy of my babies"... boy. get the fuck out.

She is your girlfriend.  You aren't engaged so she isn't your fiancee.  You aren't married so she isn't your wife.  I don't know what your argument is.  Partner is a term for people in a relationship who can't get married due to the laws restricting them from doing so.  I was married 17 years in my first marriage and you have been married zero years.  I don't get your point.  It is easy to not have a marriage end if you have never made a commitment to anyone.

I don't care what you do.  Your girlfriend is a single mom.   You have avoided getting married for some reason that you aren't sharing.   That seems like your issue.  Don't try and put your hang ups on me.

James Ford

« Reply #591 on: April 06, 2014, 07:48:24 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:52:39 am by James Ford »

hutch

« Reply #592 on: April 06, 2014, 09:28:00 am »
  Partner is a term for people in a relationship who can't get married due to the laws restricting them from doing so. 

False.

But I could give a shit....

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #593 on: April 06, 2014, 11:30:32 am »
im mcloving, all this post show banter . . . i need to go, to more shows.

hutch

« Reply #594 on: April 06, 2014, 11:42:39 am »
well I'd love to hear anybody else's Dean Wareham show impressions but I seem to be the only one who made it?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #595 on: April 06, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
and hutch . . . our faux sandbox fight about venues, has nothing to do with the fact that i care about said venue and distance from it to me, in relation to the ottobar.  i just do not like baltimore at all, or anything in it.  i hate the inner harbor, i hate the orioles, i hate the roads, i hate john waters, i hate the wire, i hate john hopkins, i hate the crime, i hate francis scott key, i hate crab cakes, i hate edgar allen poe, i hate the ravens.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:09:43 pm by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #596 on: April 06, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »
RFTC were pretty stellar. Dan Sartain was great as well. No post-set shenanigans from him this time though.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #597 on: April 06, 2014, 01:19:53 pm »
and hutch . . . our faux sandbox fight about venues, has nothing to do with the fact that i care about said venue and distance from it to me, in relation to the ottobar.  i just do not like baltimore at all, or anything in it.  i hate the inner harbor, i hate the orioles, i hate the roads, i hate john waters, i hate the wire, i hate john hopkins, i hate the crime, i hate francis scott key, i hate crab cakes, i hate edgar allen poe, i hate the ravens.

I can understand that.

I take my sons to the Kennedy Krieger Center for Autism every few months. It requires me to cut through Baltimore and see the real Baltimore... heroin addicts...emaciated women teeter tottering around looking like ghouls..... people pounding malt 45s or whatever it is they drink at 8:30 am...its a level of seediness and poverty I have not seen anywhere else....Signs advertising 2 houses for 30K..buy one get one free!....tons of boarded up abandoned row houses....police cars everywhere...I'm not talking about 10 blocks either..it is a big, big area I am describing..

whenever I hear about how the US should help X country I always think of Baltimore now...I suppose its a lot like Detroit... years and years of going to the Orioles games I never realized what so much of Baltimore really was like...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:41:44 pm by hutch »

atomic

« Reply #598 on: April 06, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »

I can understand that.

I take my sons to the Kennedy Krieger Center for Autism every few months. It requires me to cut through Baltimore and see the real Baltimore... heroin addicts...emaciated women teeter tottering around looking like ghouls..... people pounding malt 45s or whatever it is they drink at 8:30 am...its a level of seediness and poverty I have not seen anywhere else....Signs advertising 2 houses for 30K..buy one get one free!....tons of boarded up abandoned row houses....police cars everywhere...I'm not talking about 10 blocks either..it is a big, big area I am describing..

whenever I hear about how the US should help X country I always think of Baltimore now...I suppose its a lot like Detroit... years and years of going to the Orioles games I never realized what so much of Baltimore really was like...

Baltimore is doing great don't compare it to Detroit it makes you look like an idiot.  DC is just as bad as Baltimore.  I am guessing you have never been to Anacostia or northern east Dc.  Look at the murders happening around 930 club area and get back to me.  930 club area has more murders than Ottobar area.  Let's not start this stupid argument again. 

atomic

« Reply #599 on: April 06, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

Do roads are the worst.