Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269154 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #600 on: April 06, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
I did see something really funny at the Kraftwerk show, tbh. With about 40 minutes left in the concert, I went downstairs to use the bathroom and I heard this guy retching something awful. So, I walked out and told the closest staff member, hey I think this guy is really sick in the bathroom because I wasn't certain if he was drunk or there was some slight chance this person was actually having a medical emergency. Julian ain't no snitch.

Anyway about 10 seconds after that the guy walks out I point them out to the staff member they walk up to them asking some question and the guy immediately YELLS, "yes, I was throwing up in the bathroom but I'm bulimic!" But the guy was a solid 300 pounds and clearly intoxicated. I start laughing hysterically, the staff member starts laughing hysterically, and I think they either threw the guy out or restamped his hands do he couldn't drink anymore, but it was just the funniest response there in the moment for him to claim to be bulimic and that's why he was throwing up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:38:42 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #601 on: April 06, 2014, 07:22:26 pm »
I did see something really funny at the Kraftwerk show, tbh. With about 40 minutes left in the concert, I went downstairs to use the bathroom and I heard this guy retching something awful. So, I walked out and told the closest staff member, hey I think this guy is really sick in the bathroom because I wasn't certain if he was drunk or there was some slight chance this person was actually having a medical emergency. Julian ain't no snitch.

Anyway about 10 seconds after that the guy walks out I point them out to the staff member they walk up to them asking some question and the guy immediately YELLS, "yes, I was throwing up in the bathroom but I'm bulimic!" But the guy was a solid 300 pounds and clearly intoxicated. I start laughing hysterically, the staff member starts laughing hysterically, and I think they either threw the guy out or restamped his hands do he couldn't drink anymore, but it was just the funniest response there in the moment for him to claim to be bulimic and that's why he was throwing up.

What are you,a  Narc?

« Reply #602 on: April 06, 2014, 07:27:08 pm »

What are you,a  Narc?
Yes, exactly, Atomic, I'm a NARC.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:30:40 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #603 on: April 06, 2014, 07:30:20 pm »

What are you,a  Narc?
Yes, atomic, I'm a NARC.

Why didn't you just ask the guy if he was OK?

« Reply #604 on: April 06, 2014, 07:31:54 pm »
Why didn't you just ask the guy if he was OK?
Because I'm a snitch, man, a SNITCH. Snitches snitch (then get stitches, possibly), ya dig?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:37:19 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #605 on: April 06, 2014, 08:05:50 pm »
well I'd love to hear anybody else's Dean Wareham show impressions but I seem to be the only one who made it?

Hey Hutch,

I showed up late to this, during "Temperature's Rising". The last time I saw Dean was when he was in Luna at a 9:30 show I worked in 1997. I was unfamiliar with them, but I had seen Galaxie 500, and I enjoyed them a lot. Since then I've discovered everything he's done between Luna/Galaxie/solo. I had just come from Kraftwerk, which blew my mind...that being said, I enjoyed this show tremendously too. It seemed a little rough at a couple moments and I was a little disappointed that the solo during "Lost in Space" didn't really mimic the one on record (it's one of my all-time favorite songs), I thought the rest of it was pretty beautiful and I'm hoping that I can make to the August Black Cat show when they come back. I really enjoy Dean's stuff...great show. I'm glad that I caught the last 45 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:15:06 pm by bearman »

hutch

« Reply #606 on: April 06, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »
well I'd love to hear anybody else's Dean Wareham show impressions but I seem to be the only one who made it?

Hey Hutch,

I showed up late to this, during "Temperature's Rising". The last time I saw Dean was when he was in Luna at a 9:30 show I worked in 1997. I was unfamiliar with them, but I had seen Galaxie 500, and I enjoyed them a lot. Since then I've discovered everything he's done between Luna/Galaxie/solo. I had just come from Kraftwerk, which blew my mind...that being said, I enjoyed this show tremendously too. It seemed a little rough at a couple moments and I was a little disappointed that the solo during "Lost in Space" didn't really mimic the one on record (it's one of my all-time favorite songs), I thought the rest of it was pretty beautiful and I'm hoping that I can make to the August Black Cat show when they come back. I really enjoy Dean's stuff...great show. I'm glad that I caught the last 45 minutes.

I'm glad you made it and enjoyed it! Dean went through a rough patch but I think he's coming out OK as he settles into an elder statesman kind of role...

Hey is the Black Cat show really confirmed? Someone yelled that out and I couldn't tell what Dean was saying about it..

Did Dean play that solo on Lost in Space? I just ask cause i never keep straight who plays what but Sean Eden played some great stuff too...

Have you seen the Luna movie Tell Me Do You Miss Me?

bearman🐻

« Reply #607 on: April 07, 2014, 12:45:31 pm »

Hey Hutch,

I'm glad you made it and enjoyed it! Dean went through a rough patch but I think he's coming out OK as he settles into an elder statesman kind of role...

Hey is the Black Cat show really confirmed? Someone yelled that out and I couldn't tell what Dean was saying about it..

Did Dean play that solo on Lost in Space? I just ask cause i never keep straight who plays what but Sean Eden played some great stuff too...

Have you seen the Luna movie Tell Me Do You Miss Me?

As people like Lou Reed leave the planet, I'm so glad that there are still people Dean and bands like the Feelies. The Black Cat show isn't "officially" confirmed, but Dean did say that they were coming back in August to the BC.

I still haven't seen that movie...and I know I need to. I have a feeling I'd really enjoy it. Is it good?

hutch

« Reply #608 on: April 07, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »

I still haven't seen that movie...and I know I need to. I have a feeling I'd really enjoy it. Is it good?

its good in a bittersweet way... any Luna fan will love it...also has some cool live footage..

if you're not against PMing me your snail mail address I will send you an extra DVD copy I have... its just sitting in my basement...

Bagley

« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »
Big Luna fan from days of yore.  I didn't know what to expect from Dean.  Pleasantly surprised!
Always thought that he could of jammed out a little more with Luna.  I got it last Friday night.
It was as close as I'll ever get to a Velvet Underground show.  Lots of nice extended fuzzy guitar breaks.  Picked up his latest Jim James produced disc.  Nice stuff.

bearman🐻

« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »

its good in a bittersweet way... any Luna fan will love it...also has some cool live footage..

if you're not against PMing me your snail mail address I will send you an extra DVD copy I have... its just sitting in my basement...

Damn...I already bought a used copy on Amazon and it just arrived today! :) Thank you though!

« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:30 pm »

we will gladly take this off your hands.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »

we will gladly take this off your hands.

ok that is fine..... no problem

emmanuel

« Reply #613 on: April 10, 2014, 10:44:20 am »
ASMZ in Baltimore cancelled due to illness.  >:(   They might be back in May.

If anyone has info on DC and Philly, please share.

Yada

« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2014, 08:39:06 am »
Well, the Black Lips were awesome!

So glad I pulled the trigger and went to the show... but crushingly hung-over*.

*note, before being judged by James Ford for being a bad parent, my wife and daughter are out of town this week visiting her parents.