Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268694 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2014, 01:53:22 pm »
Maybe the knobs should stop at 9.

But these go to 11.
Well played. I like to think you registered this account just in hopes of this one day happening.
LVMH

eros

« Reply #691 on: May 12, 2014, 07:06:16 am »
Elbow is a really really really good band.  That is all.
ʎɐʍou

K8teebug

« Reply #692 on: May 12, 2014, 08:23:18 am »
Hutch was the one who argued with me about Jesus and Mary Chain not being too loud and he was wearing ear plugs.  I agree with James that bands shouldn't play so loud that you need ear plugs. I  have never used any.  Only a couple of bands have played so loud that I wish I had them.  Jesus and Mary Chains recent show and Soundgarden show back in the early 90's come to mind off hand. 

All shows are loud enough that you should be wearing earplugs.  Even if you think you don't need them.

James Ford

« Reply #693 on: May 12, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
Maybe that should be amended to "all rock shows at the 9:30 Club".

I go to shows at Jammin Java, Iota, Gypsy Sally's...never a need for earplugs. Maybe they think they don't need to make it as loud because they are smaller venues?

Hutch was the one who argued with me about Jesus and Mary Chain not being too loud and he was wearing ear plugs.  I agree with James that bands shouldn't play so loud that you need ear plugs. I  have never used any.  Only a couple of bands have played so loud that I wish I had them.  Jesus and Mary Chains recent show and Soundgarden show back in the early 90's come to mind off hand. 

All shows are loud enough that you should be wearing earplugs.  Even if you think you don't need them.

K8teebug

« Reply #694 on: May 12, 2014, 11:28:28 am »
I would guess that they may be okay.  Only way to tell is to check with a sound level meter and/or wear a noise dosimeter at shows. 

Anything 100dB and over and you should really be wearing earplugs (you can be exposed to 100dB for 2 hours before it starts to damage your hearing)

« Reply #695 on: May 12, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »
...or wear a noise dosimeter at shows. 

Now that sounds like a great way to pick up chicks  ;)
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #696 on: May 12, 2014, 02:27:08 pm »
They're tiny :)

atomic

« Reply #697 on: May 12, 2014, 04:05:10 pm »

Then why even go? I can tell you didn't need any at the Magnetic Fields. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #698 on: May 12, 2014, 05:58:51 pm »
...or wear a noise dosimeter at shows. 

Now that sounds like a great way to pick up chicks  ;)

there's an app for that

dyecraig

« Reply #699 on: May 12, 2014, 06:13:50 pm »
indeed

Vas Deferens

« Reply #700 on: May 13, 2014, 09:59:16 am »
haven't listened to the new album, but oh boy, they are a little too middle-of-the-road for me now.

John Grant was awesome, though

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #701 on: May 13, 2014, 10:50:38 am »
haven't listened to the new album, but oh boy, they are a little too middle-of-the-road for me now.

I tried to tell you this roughly five years ago.
احمد

dyecraig

« Reply #702 on: May 13, 2014, 10:59:14 am »

did you hear john grant @ u st. last summer w/full band?
that was awesome

elbow can lean a bit MOR at times, but sometimes I feel like a glass of wine instead of an i.p.a.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #703 on: May 13, 2014, 11:10:40 am »
^ nope, was overseas June of last year  :'(

would have been nice to hear his more electronic songs
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #704 on: May 15, 2014, 06:02:56 am »
Morcheeba was great tonight even without their DJ, who couldn't get his visa stamped in order to enter the country.  In the words of the guitarist "He's just a DJ who likes to smoke dope and break the law".  Haven't seen Morcheeba in awhile, but Skye is in great voice and always impressed with guitar players skills.

Have to say that if I were an warm act, I much rather being playing on a bill at the Lincoln than the club.  Something about those seats that keeps the chatter down from the audience during warm act sets, where as a the club the chatter would have been more obvious.  Was impressed with Conner Youngblood's set, even if it was a little rough around the edges.
T.Rex