Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269005 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #750 on: June 05, 2014, 01:03:06 pm »

cool review... I went to see Ray Lamontange with my wife last night and both him and Jason Isabel were boring as all hell. However!!!! James would be happy to know that due to scalpers being a little too overzealous, I was able to sit dead center, row m, for $20 a ticket.

man, when Jason Isabel played the 930, it was an awesome rocking show.  I can see how a lot of his material would not play well at MPP

You always seem to land crazy good seats at crazy cheap prices...the force is strong in this one...I've a lot to learn

does james approve of frank's thriftiness in having a cheap beer or disapprove of his choice in shitty beer?

Tough call on that one...I think he would lecture him on the benefits of attachment parenting
slack

« Reply #751 on: June 05, 2014, 01:06:09 pm »
im sorry, but who is, frank turner?  i must, be dumb.

he can sell out O2

still really not that big in the states, but has some seriously rabid fans
I never heard of him until last July
slack

Yada

« Reply #752 on: June 05, 2014, 01:15:28 pm »
im sorry, but who is, frank turner?  i must, be dumb.

where have you been walky? Many loads have been lost due to this man on this board... he's up there with Queens.

hutch

« Reply #753 on: June 05, 2014, 01:42:16 pm »
Dang that Frank Turner show sounds awesome....

Yada

« Reply #754 on: June 05, 2014, 01:46:03 pm »

cool review... I went to see Ray Lamontange with my wife last night and both him and Jason Isabel were boring as all hell. However!!!! James would be happy to know that due to scalpers being a little too overzealous, I was able to sit dead center, row m, for $20 a ticket.

man, when Jason Isabel played the 930, it was an awesome rocking show.  I can see how a lot of his material would not play well at MPP

You always seem to land crazy good seats at crazy cheap prices...the force is strong in this one...I've a lot to learn

does james approve of frank's thriftiness in having a cheap beer or disapprove of his choice in shitty beer?

Tough call on that one...I think he would lecture him on the benefits of attachment parenting

I?ve shared my strategy in the past, but here goes again. This mainly works at large events like the Verizon Center or MPP (this also works at The Fillmore since they?re part of Clear Channel who seems to give 1/3rd of their tickets to scalpers)? I?m sure it would work at Lube Job as well, but I don?t venture out there. Also, this may not work for say Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Justin Bieber? mainly for acts that can play a venue of that size but most likely not sell it out. If the band truly sells out the venue, this won?t work.

Every single large show will have scalpers take X amount of tickets.  The shows coming up like Beck, Willie Nelson, Queens (I fucked up on that one and bought seats early) are all good examples of shows that won?t sell out but scalpers most likely have a good hold on presale tickets, etc. Wait until 24 hours or less from showtime and start working the ticket sites. Every single seat will most likely be cut in half and some up to 80% off.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #755 on: June 05, 2014, 01:56:07 pm »
Jeff Tweedy tickets as low as 14.95 on stubhub

https://www.stubhub.com/jeff-tweedy-tickets/jeff-tweedy-baltimore-meyerhoff-symphony-hall-6-9-2014-9022985/

gotta love the scalpers sometimes :)
(_|_)

« Reply #756 on: June 05, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

https://www.stubhub.com/jeff-tweedy-tickets/jeff-tweedy-baltimore-meyerhoff-symphony-hall-6-9-2014-9022985/

wow..$14.95 that's crazy...although those seats suck
slack

hutch

« Reply #757 on: June 05, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »
sucks cause its baltimore

i'd pay 14.95 all in to see him in dc.. aiin't gonna happen in a million years

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #758 on: June 05, 2014, 05:35:15 pm »

fine.  for $28 you can get into Orch Center.  way below face.
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #759 on: June 05, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »

3/4's of the way back in the orchestra isn't bad.  I hate Jeff Tweedy so I would never buy the seats but a good place to see someone you like.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #760 on: June 09, 2014, 10:33:42 am »
Sooooo in a rather random turn of events, I ended up playing my first gig at The Fillmore. They needed a DJ to open before The Bloody Beetroots. Bob, the producer/lead singer, used to be JUST a producer and DJ but now has transformed what the Beetroots were into this weird heavy metal/electro hyrbid trio. He plays bass/guitar/piano and has another guy on synth and a drummer. It was high energy as hell, but the strobe lights were absolutely killing me. I was sitting on the balcony to the right of the stage and got a major headache.

As for my own personal experience DJing, the bass was INSANE and the staff was BEYOND friendly. I was super surprised but it seemed like just about everyone there was ready to lend a helping hand. As I stood backstage probably 5 or 6 different people walked by asking if I needed anything or if I was doing fine. Then I went on from 830-10 and had a blast. The crowd was fun and it actually became nerve racking with the amount of people showing up and I had this huge stage to myself. It was an awesome experience and even stranger considering it was my 2nd time there. The green rooms are lovely too. Anyway.... It was an odd Saturday.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #761 on: June 09, 2014, 11:06:56 am »
awesome, to you

azaghal1981

« Reply #762 on: June 09, 2014, 11:35:05 am »

I?ve shared my strategy in the past, but here goes again. This mainly works at large events like the Verizon Center or MPP (this also works at The Fillmore since they?re part of Clear Channel who seems to give 1/3rd of their tickets to scalpers)? I?m sure it would work at Lube Job as well, but I don?t venture out there. Also, this may not work for say Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Justin Bieber? mainly for acts that can play a venue of that size but most likely not sell it out. If the band truly sells out the venue, this won?t work.

Every single large show will have scalpers take X amount of tickets.  The shows coming up like Beck, Willie Nelson, Queens (I fucked up on that one and bought seats early) are all good examples of shows that won?t sell out but scalpers most likely have a good hold on presale tickets, etc. Wait until 24 hours or less from showtime and start working the ticket sites. Every single seat will most likely be cut in half and some up to 80% off.

This got me $15 Kraftwerk Club tickets.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #763 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:51 am »
so far no sign of willie tickets coming down.

Relaxer

« Reply #764 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:45 pm »
start working the ticket sites.

Are there any other sites I should be checking apart from Stubhub or Craigs List? And do these two even count?
oword