Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268527 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #900 on: August 14, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »
it's not elitist to say that others are ruining the concert experience for me.  if i shove you out of the way and dance in your face while singing the song, badly, do you have a right to complain? 
This is a total false equivalency, and you know it. Recording a song on your cell phone is not the same as physically assaulting someone.

Look, I don't record concerts via cell phone, I think its stupid. I also am not so horrendously bothered by that it in any way changes my enjoyment of a concert. I cannot imagine any sane, reasonable person actually having their experience significantly downgraded over someone holding a camera up and recording a song. Turn your head 5 degrees or move 6 inches and get on with your life.

I think this is entirely infantile accumulation of "tr00 fan" points. This is more about people making themselves feel like a TRUE concert fan by looking down on others on their cell phone -- or not dancing, or talking to their friend, or not singing along, or singing along too loudly, or whatever they're doing that is one iota out of line of what you are doing. As with most discussions on this board, this is not a real gripe, its whipping out our concert penises and seeing whose is longest.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #901 on: August 14, 2014, 02:03:21 pm »
I like to take pics and record one or two songs per show.

I post the good(?) videos to the YouTube, and I usually do watch them again.

I try to mostly hold the phone up at my eye level, and I believe that it cannot really disturb anyone's show-viewing pleasure.

Thinking of getting a better camera: maybe GoPro, because the low light at most indoor shows makes the iPhone videos fuzzier than I want.

8)

« Reply #902 on: August 14, 2014, 02:04:16 pm »
it's not elitist to say that others are ruining the concert experience for me. 
When what is "ruining the concert experience" is one's inability to countenance a 4"x3" obstruction of your vision several feet away from your face for a few minutes, it certainly is.
LVMH

« Reply #903 on: August 14, 2014, 02:06:30 pm »
You literally owe sweetcell thousands of dollars. You've ruined live music.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #904 on: August 14, 2014, 02:26:08 pm »
You literally owe sweetcell thousands of dollars. You've ruined live music.

No problems.
I guess, I'm in trouble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_317i9vuY

DotTheEyes

« Reply #905 on: August 14, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »
The Agnes Obel show at the club last night was wonderful.  She has a beautiful voice.

wml7

« Reply #906 on: August 14, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »
Sweetcell must hate my guts
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axlAGnvOwEw
 ;D

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #907 on: August 14, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »
it's not elitist to say that others are ruining the concert experience for me. 
When what is "ruining the concert experience" is one's inability to countenance a 4"x3" obstruction of your vision several feet away from your face for a few minutes, it certainly is.

Doesn't Jiffy Lube have banners all over the place encouraging people to identify miscreants, and turn them in to security?

« Reply #908 on: August 14, 2014, 03:02:38 pm »
Doesn't Jiffy Lube have banners all over the place encouraging people to identify miscreants, and turn them in to security?
IDK, I've not been there since the name change.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #909 on: August 14, 2014, 03:48:41 pm »
please invite me over the next time you're watching a TV show that you've been looking forward to - say, a season finale.  i will lie down between you and the tv set, and hold up my cell phone so that it only blocks 4"x3" of your view.  i dare you to not ask me to get that annoying, glowing screen out of your line of sight.

is watching a concert the same as watching a tv show at home?  no.  but the point remains: having that visual occlusion is ANNOYING.

at this point the record-a-show-on-a-crappy-cell-phone boat has sailed.  my writing on a message board ain't gonna stop anyone from doing it.  just sharing an opinion... you know, BUILDING COMMUNITY.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #910 on: August 14, 2014, 03:52:59 pm »
That reminds me - I gotta call the cable company.  Seems like no matter what channel I put it on, there's a cat-shaped cutout on the screen.

« Reply #911 on: August 14, 2014, 03:57:03 pm »
please invite me over the next time you're watching a TV show that you've been looking forward to - say, a season finale.  i will lie down between you and the tv set, and hold up my cell phone so that it only blocks 4"x3" of your view.  i dare you to not ask me to get that annoying, glowing screen out of your line of sight.
Is my television magically much larger, to include my entire field of vision? In that case, come on over, your company would be lovely, and I will grill up some portobello mushroom caps on the grill beforehand. Shall we say 7pm?

just sharing an opinion... you know, BUILDING COMMUNITY.
Well some of us are trying to ORGANIZE THE COMMUNITY, you know?!
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #912 on: August 14, 2014, 04:14:30 pm »
Post show banter-wise:

The Nickel Creek/Josh Ritter show at WolfTrap was pretty great last night and/or I am in love with Sara Watkins. Probably both.

I tried to video-record one song (a Fleetwood Mac cover) and was swiftly stopped by WolfTrap Staph.  :(

Yada

« Reply #913 on: August 14, 2014, 04:18:41 pm »
Post show banter-wise:

The Nickel Creek/Josh Ritter show at WolfTrap was pretty great last night and/or I am in love with Sara Watkins. Probably both.

I tried to video-record one song (a Fleetwood Mac cover) and was swiftly stopped by WolfTrap Staph sweetcell.  :(

« Reply #914 on: August 14, 2014, 04:23:23 pm »
I tried to video-record one song (a Fleetwood Mac cover) and was swiftly stopped by WolfTrap Staph.  :(
You may as well have given Wolftrap full blown AIDS.
LVMH