Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269147 times)

James Ford

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1020 on: October 29, 2014, 09:52:31 am »

James Ford

« Reply #1021 on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:22 am »
When you converse with "CAptain Sensible" do you actually call him Captain?

Did anyone else check out The Damned / TSOL / The Briefs this past Sunday night? That was a damn good show from all of the bands.

Totally agreed. I made sure to get there early enough to catch all of them. TSOL was really good, but not great...but I enjoyed the heck out of them anyway. The Damned never really disappoint me. In fact, every time I get to see them is a bonus because years ago Captain Sensible told me that it was getting harder for them to come back. I guess they weren't making a lot of money. Yet they seem to make it work every few years now, and it was a pretty large/enthusiastic crowd thankfully.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1022 on: October 29, 2014, 10:48:21 am »
Temples sounded absolutely boss at the club last night, with an impressive liquid light show featuring five overhead projectors and two dudes probably still high from the sixties..
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #1023 on: October 29, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »
When you converse with "CAptain Sensible" do you actually call him Captain?

Did anyone else check out The Damned / TSOL / The Briefs this past Sunday night? That was a damn good show from all of the bands.

Totally agreed. I made sure to get there early enough to catch all of them. TSOL was really good, but not great...but I enjoyed the heck out of them anyway. The Damned never really disappoint me. In fact, every time I get to see them is a bonus because years ago Captain Sensible told me that it was getting harder for them to come back. I guess they weren't making a lot of money. Yet they seem to make it work every few years now, and it was a pretty large/enthusiastic crowd thankfully.

Dude, totally.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #1024 on: October 29, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »
Temples sounded absolutely boss at the club last night, with an impressive liquid light show featuring five overhead projectors and two dudes probably still high from the sixties..
How full was it?  That seems like a huge jump in venue size for them in a short time... Did I miss something?  Did they get a song on the radio or something?

Also, I wish I would have remembered they were coming through... I love Sun Structures; it will be on my top albums list for 2014 for sure.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1025 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:06 pm »
The Slowdive recording sounds nice!
Thanks to the taper who can out himself/herself and link to it if he/she wants. ;)
احمد

emmanuel

« Reply #1026 on: October 30, 2014, 11:02:13 pm »
oh someone uploaded my recording on YouTube? Well maybe I better stay quiet since there was a "no taping sign" that night, although Low doesn't mind.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1027 on: October 30, 2014, 11:19:08 pm »
No I got it off Dime. Stumbled upon your epic stash the other day while looking for recent recordings. Sweet collection!
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1028 on: October 30, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »

I'm so bummed I ended up missing this one.   :-\

Relaxer

« Reply #1029 on: November 04, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »
Did anyone go to the Meat Puppets show? If so, how was it? I just love those guys and had tickets but couldn't make it out due to domestic issues.
oword

hutch

« Reply #1030 on: November 04, 2014, 06:26:00 pm »
Did anyone go to the Meat Puppets show? If so, how was it? I just love those guys and had tickets but couldn't make it out due to domestic issues.

NO MORE

bearman🐻

« Reply #1031 on: November 09, 2014, 09:47:03 pm »
Went to see Peter Hook and the Light in Philly. I have to say that I was absolutely blown away by this one, I wasn't entirely sure if he could keep up the "let's play 2 more LPs in order" schtick...but honestly, the way that he did it was absolutely perfect. 25 minutes of random Joy Division songs to warm up, then some singles/tracks from the mid-80's New Order period, "Brotherhood" then "Low Life" and finally an encore of stuff from "Substance". I couldn't believe how great the band integrated the electronic/pre-recorded stuff with the live performance. They sounded spectacular, better than the New Order show last year at Merriweather. 2 hours and 45 minutes long. David Potts, the dude from Revenge and Monaco, handled a lot of Bernard Sumner's melodies perfectly. Hook played way more bass because so many of the songs actually have TWO basslines. So for anyone who criticized the other shows for Hooky not playing enough bass, I think this would have satisfied them. Seth, if they come back and do another tour at some point, I really hope you can get them to DC. It was truly a special night. Here's a great interview with Hooky's son:

http://stereoembersmagazine.com/just-couldnt-prouder-interview-jack-bates-peter-hook-light/

hutch

« Reply #1032 on: November 09, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »
^that does sound good.... I'd go see Peter Hook again

« Reply #1033 on: November 09, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »
^^I really enjoyed the show he did last time around at the 930 and I was a little bummed he didn't play the bass that much.  But it was a really tight show and would certainly want to see this tour
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1034 on: November 10, 2014, 09:38:23 am »
How full was it?  That seems like a huge jump in venue size for them in a short time... Did I miss something?  Did they get a song on the radio or something?

Saw them at the Fillmore in San Francisco back in September.  Was definitely under-attended.