Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1293606 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1065 on: December 02, 2014, 12:36:32 pm »
But, I'll take all the complaints back because I got to see Death From Above 1979 after 9 years. Wow.
Since the nine inch nails show at MCI Center?

bearman🐻

« Reply #1066 on: December 02, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »
But, I'll take all the complaints back because I got to see Death From Above 1979 after 9 years. Wow.

Yup, November 2, 2005. Hard to believe that was 9 years ago.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1067 on: December 02, 2014, 01:27:05 pm »
There was a Black Cat show earlier that year

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/death-from-above-1979/2005/black-cat-washington-dc-bddc142.html

did anyone make it to that?
(_|_)

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #1068 on: December 02, 2014, 01:35:25 pm »

Yup, November 2, 2005. Hard to believe that was 9 years ago.
I was there.  I have the poster I bought during Queens of the Stone Age's set (and a hoodie) hanging on the wall in my bedroom.  I was asking because I don't follow Death From Above 1979 (not a fan, though I did watch that set and liked it) and had no idea when they might have played in this area last, or ever other than the set I saw...

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:37:05 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1069 on: December 02, 2014, 02:43:01 pm »
There was a Black Cat show earlier that year

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/death-from-above-1979/2005/black-cat-washington-dc-bddc142.html

did anyone make it to that?
I remember seeing it on the old Cat calendar and seeing it was sold out, I just thought to myself "that band name is so long" then I saw them open for the NIN show with QOTSA and was blown away. Bought the album and within a few months they had broken up. Insane to think it's actually been that long.
‼‼?‼‼

Unsanity

« Reply #1070 on: December 03, 2014, 04:22:42 am »
I was at the Black Cat show and the NIN/QOTSA show. The Black Cat one was intense! Uncut opened the show up..I wonder whatever happened to that band. I briefly talked to Jesse Keeler while at DC101 and he said he loved the Black Cat when he played there with Arcade Fire. I guess that show was in 2004 when I did not know either band haha. Did anyone here go to that show?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1071 on: December 03, 2014, 09:39:43 am »
^ DFA1979, Arcade Fire and The Unicorns?  I'm sure someone here went to that show.
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #1072 on: December 03, 2014, 09:42:27 am »
I was at the Black Cat show and the NIN/QOTSA show. The Black Cat one was intense! Uncut opened the show up..I wonder whatever happened to that band. I briefly talked to Jesse Keeler while at DC101 and he said he loved the Black Cat when he played there with Arcade Fire. I guess that show was in 2004 when I did not know either band haha. Did anyone here go to that show?

I saw Arcade Fire in January of 05' at 930 club, I thought that was the first time they played locally, but who knows.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1073 on: December 03, 2014, 10:23:39 am »

I saw Arcade Fire in January of 05' at 930 club, I thought that was the first time they played locally, but who knows.

I'm pretty sure that the Arcade Fire played the Black Cat once...it may have even been before Funeral came out. And I remember folks going to the 9:30 show and raving about it. Saw them this year...compared to the Neon Bible show I saw, I'd say that I prefer their shows before. Maybe because I don't care much for the Reflektor stuff.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1074 on: December 04, 2014, 11:52:08 am »
Attended the Youth Code / Haujobb / Frontline Assembly / Skinny Puppy show last night in Philly. It was just ok.  I really wanted to see Youth Code - they were great...however only played for about 15 minutes and I missed the first song, because it took me 3 hours to drive from annapolis (where i work) to baltimore (to pick up friend) - then dealing with rush hour traffic.....and youth code started at 7:30.  there was maybe 5-10 minutes between each band...it was crazy how quickly they moved between bands.  haujobb also played a short set...maybe 20 minutes? didn't time it.  they sounded decent and played some good songs.  FLA played longer - maybe 40 minutes - i didn't know any of the newer stuff they played, but they did play some old stuff too, which was nice.  i will say that i felt they were uninspired a bit...but i also though the philly crowd was super lame.  it reminded me of dc crowds....standing still.  baltimore crowds have ruined me.

skinny puppy were fantastic, different setlist, but the show was exactly the same as their show at the fss earlier in the year. they played for about an hour and a half.

K8teebug

« Reply #1075 on: December 04, 2014, 11:55:00 am »

I went to both the 2004 Arcade Fire show and the 2005 NIN show! They were both good. I don't like the Arcade Fire anymore though. And we met them at St. Ex beforehand and they were jerks.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #1076 on: December 04, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »
Attended the Youth Code / Haujobb / Frontline Assembly / Skinny Puppy show last night in Philly. It was just ok.  I really wanted to see Youth Code - they were great...however only played for about 15 minutes and I missed the first song, because it took me 3 hours to drive from annapolis (where i work) to baltimore (to pick up friend) - then dealing with rush hour traffic.....and youth code started at 7:30.  there was maybe 5-10 minutes between each band...it was crazy how quickly they moved between bands.  haujobb also played a short set...maybe 20 minutes? didn't time it.  they sounded decent and played some good songs.  FLA played longer - maybe 40 minutes - i didn't know any of the newer stuff they played, but they did play some old stuff too, which was nice.  i will say that i felt they were uninspired a bit...but i also though the philly crowd was super lame.  it reminded me of dc crowds....standing still.  baltimore crowds have ruined me.

skinny puppy were fantastic, different setlist, but the show was exactly the same as their show at the fss earlier in the year. they played for about an hour and a half.

I really wanted to go - but a mid-week Philly trip was not in my cards. 

It took you three hours to get from Annapolis to Baltimore, or from Annapolis to Baltimore to Philly?  Because three hours from Annapolis to Baltimore... You can almost walk that.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1077 on: December 04, 2014, 12:22:09 pm »
Went to Yung Lean last night at the Black Cat. Was about half full. All a bunch of kids. I like the production of Lean's music. He's obviously a pretty terrible rapper. An internet sensation if I've ever seen one. Also selling shirts for $55 is ridiculous. I can see how kids would like it. Just wasn't for me. The music doesn't translate live at all. The sound was awful and his DJ was even worse. On top of that the whole set was about 45 minutes.

I'm also still riding the high from DFA1979. I'm sure that didn't help.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #1078 on: December 04, 2014, 12:30:25 pm »
Went to TAB at the 930 Club last night, I made it through one set. It was quite boring.

hutch

« Reply #1079 on: December 04, 2014, 02:23:26 pm »
Went to TAB at the 930 Club last night, I made it through one set. It was quite boring.

you didn't take enough drugs