Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268113 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2610 on: June 19, 2017, 12:12:15 pm »
I was in Philly in ga up by the main stage.  I thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I was skeptical of them performing side 2 of Joshua Tree but I was surprised at the energy of some of the slower songs (i.e. Exit).  Philly is always easy exit if you park near side that lets out onto 95 S.  Agree crowd was a low-energy 1st half of show, but picked up towards the end.  The video show and screens were pretty damn impressive.

we had no traffic problems; left during Beautiful Day as well. 1.4 hours back to Towson. I Was calling out what I imagine will be awful traffic for the FedEx show.

The clarity of that video was crazygood.

Also was wearing my 930 Tshirt, saw another guy wearing same. Got a lot of positives from random others. Hung out with a group of folks from Columbia, MD who are seeing U2 a bunch on this tour. Ran into Julie who used to work at the 930; and she is seeing a bunch of shows, including Dublin. 

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2611 on: June 23, 2017, 11:35:11 am »
Last night at Wolf Trap was my first Elvis Costello show, and I thought he was superb.  Two-and-a-half-hour set; nice blend of uptempo numbers and ballads; lots of energy and anecdotes.  I enjoyed the focus on Imperial Bedroom, too.  If I were going to be a but-why-didn't-he-play... whiner:  I wish he played "I Want You" and "Deep Dark Truthful Mirror."  Seriously excellent show overall.

herman otto

« Reply #2612 on: June 23, 2017, 12:46:09 pm »
anybody go to the Nissan show last night?  I went to livenation yesterday about 2 pm to see what tickets were available, and there were tons in all sections, excepts the ga pit. 

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2613 on: June 26, 2017, 10:14:50 am »
I thought the sound sucked (I was in pavilion), which really detracted from the show.  Could barely hear Steve Nieve's keyboards, which really pissed me off and skewered my opinion of the show.  The Warner Theater show was much better, and the sound wasn't that good there either, but at least the keyboards cut through the muddy sound.

Last night at Wolf Trap was my first Elvis Costello show, and I thought he was superb.  Two-and-a-half-hour set; nice blend of uptempo numbers and ballads; lots of energy and anecdotes.  I enjoyed the focus on Imperial Bedroom, too.  If I were going to be a but-why-didn't-he-play... whiner:  I wish he played "I Want You" and "Deep Dark Truthful Mirror."  Seriously excellent show overall.

« Reply #2614 on: June 26, 2017, 10:55:17 am »
I thought the sound sucked (I was in pavilion), which really detracted from the show.  Could barely hear Steve Nieve's keyboards, which really pissed me off and skewered my opinion of the show.  The Warner Theater show was much better, and the sound wasn't that good there either, but at least the keyboards cut through the muddy sound.

I did think the sound was weak...but I was able to hear Steve pretty well
slack

hutch

« Reply #2615 on: June 26, 2017, 11:00:05 am »
i saw them twice at warner and i thought the sound was top... when i saw elvis costello at merriweather solo acoustic opening for dylan it was awesome too...

ricosuave, what did you think of the show??

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2616 on: June 29, 2017, 10:34:14 am »
I really enjoyed Solidsoundfestival last weekend.
Wilco played Being There in its entirety, and then an encore of YHF in its entirety on Friday. Was really great, and the YHF part was unexpected.
Saturday was a strong Wilco set with nothing from Being There or YHF.
Sunday was a good Tweedy/Jeff Tweedy solo (and friends) set.
other standouts:
The Berkshires Weather
The Dave/Phil Alvin band
Peter Wolf
Nancy & Beth
Television
Deep Sea Diver
Bagley Family
Big Thief (only saw the acoustic "pop-up" set)
Great art at Mass Moca

The festival is small, really well-run, and very kid-friendly as well.

hutch

« Reply #2617 on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:41 am »
and yada how about the dead show last week?

shemptiness

« Reply #2618 on: June 29, 2017, 11:10:19 am »
Wilco played Being There in its entirety, and then an encore of YHF in its entirety on Friday. Was really great, and the YHF part was unexpected.
other standouts:
The Berkshires Weather
The Dave/Phil Alvin band
Peter Wolf
Nancy & Beth
Television
Deep Sea Diver
Bagley Family
Great art at Mass Moca

Being There followed by YHF would have been amazing.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2619 on: June 29, 2017, 12:33:07 pm »
other standouts:
The Berkshires Weather
The Dave/Phil Alvin band
Peter Wolf
Nancy & Beth
Television
Deep Sea Diver
Bagley Family
Great art at Mass Moca

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=593916

Yada

« Reply #2620 on: June 29, 2017, 12:44:27 pm »
and yada how about the dead show last week?

Fun show... Really great actually until drums/space knocked the wind out of the second set and then Bobby singin' a bad rendition of a Dylan tune made us head for the exits early to beat traffic. That was my first visit to Nissan since roughly 2003 and I don't think I'll ever go back.

Bagley

« Reply #2621 on: June 29, 2017, 01:09:27 pm »
From what I've heard, the highlight of the Bobby & Co  tour was the Comes a Time performed at Citifield on 6/24-  Oteil on lead vocals.

Not the best quality recording but you get the idea-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ab9d4Xqrw

Bagley

« Reply #2622 on: June 29, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »
other standouts:
The Berkshires Weather
The Dave/Phil Alvin band
Peter Wolf
Nancy & Beth
Television
Deep Sea Diver
Bagley Family
Great art at Mass Moca

It was.  Including this year, the Friday night Solid Sound setlists were wonderful.  2013- all non-wilco requests,  2015- acoustic wilco and of course, this year's big surprise of YHF.

My favorite new musical discovery of the fest was Joan Shelley

Yada

« Reply #2623 on: June 29, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
From what I've heard, the highlight of the Bobby & Co  tour was the Comes a Time performed at Citifield on 6/24-  Oteil on lead vocals.

Not the best quality recording but you get the idea-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ab9d4Xqrw

Oteil sang Fire on the Mountain at the Lube show, was pretty darn good.

hutch

« Reply #2624 on: June 29, 2017, 03:54:14 pm »
I would have enjoyed a love supreme