Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268700 times)

heff

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2775 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:52 pm »
Last night was my first Paul Weller show.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I would not have minded a few more Jam songs (he played "Start!" and "Monday"), but the solo material is great, too.  Highlights were "Broken Stones," "Saturns Pattern," and "Woo Sé Mama."

Lincoln Theatre was hot as ever, lol.

I thought this show was better than his last one here.  You get your money's worth with Weller, 29 songs, three encores, over 2 hours of music!  Got to hear some Style Council stuff (none the last time).  I find it funny that he brings along a percussionist but no one can hear the poor guy because the rest of the band is so loud (only heard him during the acoustic set).

K8teebug

« Reply #2776 on: October 09, 2017, 02:47:06 pm »
Kesha was wonderful and full of glitter. Black Lips were also super fun, just like I imagined they would be. Great crowd, and everyone was super nice!

bearman🐻

« Reply #2777 on: October 09, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »
Saw Best Coast at Rough Trade last night. They're the one band that hands down can pull me out of my crummiest mood and remind me that music is supposed to make you feel great. I think they are criminally underrated.

hutch

« Reply #2778 on: October 16, 2017, 12:37:16 am »
Man Trombone Shorty tore it up...Anthem was def where the party was tonight and at least until close to the end you would have been hard pressed to find a better crowd...

K8teebug

« Reply #2779 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:58 pm »
Man Trombone Shorty tore it up...Anthem was def where the party was tonight and at least until close to the end you would have been hard pressed to find a better crowd...

LOVE him. Sad to have missed it, but can only do one show the week of the marathon...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2780 on: October 16, 2017, 08:48:28 pm »
Heart. Have a great race!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2781 on: October 17, 2017, 10:18:51 am »
Saw Best Coast at Rough Trade last night. They're the one band that hands down can pull me out of my crummiest mood and remind me that music is supposed to make you feel great. I think they are criminally underrated.

Best Coast albums are played on repeat in hell

« Reply #2782 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:14 am »

...that seems to contradict what bearman said...unless you think that's a good gig, as hell will have all the cool cats and hipsters
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #2783 on: October 18, 2017, 01:38:01 pm »

I find that statement baffling. I guess tuneful, well-written songs performed by human beings who have mastered their instruments instead of doing it on a computer isn't really cool anymore.

MAGA 2020

« Reply #2784 on: October 20, 2017, 12:58:16 pm »
GnR was fantastic.  Early start time at 7pm and was home in Alexandria by 11:30.  Packed house.  Good times.  Video at about the 9 minute mark is funny.  I think Slash was clearly trying to piss Axl off by his endless soloing...they hate each other.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=35&v=Q-6OBkgdQZM
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:01:12 pm by drewtang »

hutch

« Reply #2785 on: October 20, 2017, 01:05:17 pm »
I heard Slash has been doing endless solos the whole tour......he really is mediocre...

If Izzy had been a part of reunion I would have found a way to show...

MAGA 2020

« Reply #2786 on: October 20, 2017, 01:11:39 pm »
I heard Slash has been doing endless solos the whole tour......he really is mediocre...

If Izzy had been a part of reunion I would have found a way to show...

slash is far from mediocre...honestly.

izzy said they wouldnt pay him a fair cut from what i heard (his twitter)...i would have loved to see him there too.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2787 on: October 23, 2017, 09:57:50 am »
I find that statement baffling. I guess tuneful, well-written songs performed by human beings who have mastered their instruments instead of doing it on a computer isn't really cool anymore.

Dude she sucks, her music is simplistic trash.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2788 on: October 23, 2017, 10:08:53 am »
For a second, I thought you were talking about Slash.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2789 on: October 23, 2017, 10:30:57 am »

Dude she sucks, her music is simplistic trash.

LOL, that's hysterical. You put a lot of thought into that statement.