Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269200 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2805 on: October 30, 2017, 12:29:08 pm »
I saw pink martini with nso many years ago....i agree with everything that has been written BUT what really ticked me off was they did not play the "hit" from sympathique...you know that french song about not wanting to work

Glad a friend gave us the tickets though

I and sidehatch have a friend who knows them from harvard

Space Freely

« Reply #2806 on: October 30, 2017, 01:00:38 pm »
I saw pink martini with nso many years ago....i agree with everything that has been written BUT what really ticked me off was they did not play the "hit" from sympathique...you know that french song about not wanting to work

Glad a friend gave us the tickets though

I and sidehatch have a friend who knows them from harvard

I bet your Harvard friend would say "Sidehatch and I."  ;)

They did play the song you mentioned on Friday night.

hutch

« Reply #2807 on: October 30, 2017, 01:28:03 pm »
But I must be first! Grammar be damned...

« Reply #2808 on: October 30, 2017, 01:32:44 pm »
But I must be first! Grammar be damned...
oh snap...wish I caught that one
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #2809 on: October 30, 2017, 02:18:17 pm »
Caught Jake Johannsen in Rockville last night.  Very funny show in an intimate setting.  Being close to home was a bonus.

hutch

« Reply #2810 on: October 31, 2017, 09:20:52 am »
So how ws lucinda space? Sorry to miss it...halloween and then my older boys bday

HopE u enjoyed it

Space Freely

« Reply #2811 on: October 31, 2017, 09:27:20 am »
Great two hour, 35 minute show from Lucinda last night at the Lincoln.

Some various notes from the night:

I showed up early to get a good GA seat and got in the long line. I noticed that the people in line were mostly young, perhaps too young for a Lucinda show. Then I noticed that though the crowd was mostly white, there were more black people than I would have guessed. Then I looked at the ticket of the guy in front of me, a young urban looking black guy who didn't look like he'd be the kind of black guy (I saw none at the actual show) who would be at a Lucinda show. And his tickets said "T-Pain" on them. I thought about telling him and his lovely girlfriend they must be there on the wrong night, but instead decided to get out of line and investigate. I soon discovered that I was in line for the U Street Music Hall, not the Lincoln Theater.

Best line by an audience member...the Bill Maher/Larry David looking guy sitting next to me, talking to his friends about The Anthem. They all agreed that they wanted to go sometime, but haven't seen anything listed that they were interested in checking out.  Bill Maher says, "Well Queens of the Stone Age were playing, but it was 75 dollars. I like QOTSA, but they're a 30 dollar band, not a 75 dollar band."

Most emotional Lucinda moments: She breaks down crying after completing the Sweet Ole World album and then again when she starts talking about her dad.

Best Lucinda gaffe: Lucinda says "Well now's the point in the night where I introduce the band." She proceeds to tell stories about the band and then segues into a story about the next song. At one point the drummer yells, "Who's in the band?" And everyone in the house except Lucinda hears him. Then she launches into the next song without ever introducing the band. (The bass player told her about it at the end of that song, and she and the rest of us start cracking up.)

Best parts I don't remember from other Lucinda shows: All of the lengthy introductions to songs, both the Sweet Old World songs and the mix that followed. Maybe she does this on every tour, but I haven't seen her headline in many years...

Favorite songs of the night: Pineola, Ghost of Highway 20, Bitter Memory, Foolishness...love her band, especially the guitarist

And the very best part of the night: Hanging out with her after the show. She signed my NPR totebag and it definitely seems like we have two peas in a pod chemistry. Sorry, I won't be posting any of the pics.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:29:10 am by Space Freely »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2812 on: October 31, 2017, 09:44:01 am »
First time at Lincoln Theater, eh?  ;D ;D ;D

And his tickets said "T-Pain" on them. I thought about telling him and his lovely girlfriend they must be there on the wrong night, but instead decided to get out of line and investigate. I soon discovered that I was in line for the U Street Music Hall, not the Lincoln Theater.

(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #2813 on: October 31, 2017, 10:35:46 am »
First time at Lincoln Theater, eh?  ;D ;D ;D

And his tickets said "T-Pain" on them. I thought about telling him and his lovely girlfriend they must be there on the wrong night, but instead decided to get out of line and investigate. I soon discovered that I was in line for the U Street Music Hall, not the Lincoln Theater.

First time there since an extra-special boardie shared a Neko Case ticket with me.  ;)

I think the issue was that I parked on 12th street and somehow in my walk to U Street ended up on 11th Street and once I saw a long line just assumed it was my line...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2814 on: October 31, 2017, 10:40:06 am »
First time there since an extra-special boardie shared a Neko Case ticket with me.  ;)
I don't recall giving you a Neko Case ticket. . .
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2815 on: October 31, 2017, 11:15:02 am »

You are correct. But fingers crossed you will the next time she is in town.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2816 on: October 31, 2017, 01:59:12 pm »

You are correct.
Confirmed.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2817 on: November 01, 2017, 12:53:52 pm »
Thanks go to VasD for the plus one into the Shout Out Louds show last night!

bearman🐻

« Reply #2818 on: November 06, 2017, 09:19:15 am »
Awesome Breeders show on Saturday. That was probably my very favorite performance of theirs I've seen.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2819 on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:01 am »
oh yeah it was awesome.  The sound was perfect too.  Jim Macpherson is such a beast on drums.   :o ;D

Awesome Breeders show on Saturday. That was probably my very favorite performance of theirs I've seen.
(_|_)