Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1289029 times)

ggw

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2910 on: March 08, 2018, 11:41:43 am »
Did you get his autograph?

Yada

« Reply #2911 on: March 08, 2018, 11:47:06 am »
Who?

If you live anywhere around the Mid-Atlantic and you care about beer – you already know who Greg Engert is. He’s the face and the voice of craft beer in the nation’s capital and a rising star nationally. While pursuing his masters at Georgetown University, Greg spent his evenings working at Washington DC’s legendary craft beer emporium, The Brickskeller,  where he quickly rose through the ranks while gleaning just about everything that he could about beer. In 2006, Greg was hired as the Beer Director for the Neighborhood Restaurant Group (NRG), a powerhouse organization that now oversees 18 restaurants, bars, and retail outlets, including beer-centric venues like the award-winning ChurchKey. In 2013, Greg–now a Managing Partner for the Neighborhood Restaurant Group–oversaw the opening of Bluejacket, Washington DC’s exciting new boutique brewery!

*Also known for this love of 19th century attire and cival war reenactments

Space Freely

« Reply #2912 on: March 08, 2018, 12:02:04 pm »
Did you get his autograph?

No, but he offered me a sip of his Tecate when he saw that I was wearing a brewery shirt.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2913 on: March 15, 2018, 09:45:07 pm »
March is "Americana" month here at ChallengedCo:

I went to the NCTA benefit at the Hamilton last night. It was led by Jerry Douglas, and featured Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires, Phil Wiggins, and a jazz guitar duo of (oh shit forgot their names). The highlight besides Isbell/Shires was a duo of children from Nashville playing "old timey" music. Giri and Uma Peters.  Worth a google/youtube-ing. Hamilton was way over sold. I have never seen it so full.

Night before I saw I'm with Her at 930. Also oversold, jammed on a Tuesday night.  I would go to see Sara Watkins sing the hop varieties on all that fancy microbrew you all drink, but the 3 of them together are really great. Outstanding players, great harmonies.

Anyone going to McMurtry/Moreland...?

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2914 on: March 17, 2018, 02:21:06 am »
MGMT were all right at the Anthem.  I thought they could have played a bit longer than an hour and 10 minutes considering they now have four albums to draw from (only one song from Congratulations :( ). I preferred their Merriweather show in 2010.

hutch

« Reply #2915 on: March 17, 2018, 12:01:07 pm »
Time to Pretend and Kids were epic🎶💕🎶

The problem is they have one album everybody loves with two millennial anthems and that is about it... Personally I thought one of the new songs sounded great...people were ready to go after one hour...mass exodus...

bearman🐻

« Reply #2916 on: March 17, 2018, 05:57:40 pm »
Really enjoyed Kristin Hersh and Grant Lee Phillips. Pearl Street is a cool venue. Seemed like a really quick show, but it sounded good.

Space Freely

« Reply #2917 on: March 19, 2018, 09:43:34 am »
3/17 Shabazz Palaces, Millenium Stage

These guys are a two piece Irish band from Seattle, Washington. Black Irish, that is. I was totally expecting them to be settled and staid, but they were more funky and dissonant.

My wife liked the poppier/funkier songs more than the dissonant ones. My daughter said to her mom, "This sounds like that bad 90's music you listen to." And to her dad, "This isn't hip-hop, it's rap." And I just sat there wondering if they've gone fly fishing with Sweetcell.

To finish the night off, we stopped by Foggy Bottom Whole Foods, mashing up food from there as well as Sweetgreen, and washing it down with a Bells' Hopslam for my wife and a Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning for me. And the guy was kind enough to fill the 16 oz plastic cups all the way, even though it was billed as a 12 oz pour.

All in all, a good family outing.

hutch

« Reply #2918 on: March 19, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »
Lots of power stances last night at Judas Priest..had not seen that many since Maiden and they have 8 guitarists now

hemisphire

« Reply #2919 on: March 20, 2018, 04:55:49 pm »
Night before I saw I'm with Her at 930. Also oversold, jammed on a Tuesday night.  I would go to see Sara Watkins sing the hop varieties on all that fancy microbrew you all drink, but the 3 of them together are really great. Outstanding players, great harmonies.

But unusual for a club show it was more crowded upstairs than downstairs. I went downstairs after Andrew Combs and got halfway to the front.

analogfossa

« Reply #2920 on: March 26, 2018, 11:38:40 am »
Went to Union Stage finally over the weekend. That place is a clusterfuck. Not to mention that I wasn't allowed beer in the stage area yet still had to give me idea to verify my age.

hutch

« Reply #2921 on: March 29, 2018, 09:24:52 am »
Deaner was great...just weird how he ran off stage and disappeared...

Pandy fackler was on set list but not played

Could not get my chocolate and cheese signed...looks like road trip to new hope in cards

Yada

« Reply #2922 on: March 29, 2018, 09:32:36 am »
Deaner was great...just weird how he ran off stage and disappeared...

Pandy fackler was on set list but not played

Could not get my chocolate and cheese signed...looks like road trip to new hope in cards

Great show and as always, great seeing the hutch/sidehutch combo.

Two things come to mind... Deaner didn't have a cigarette for over 1.5 hours, I'm sure that was killing him. Also, after looking at all of the set lists thus far from the tour, it appears he basically played the amount of time, just axed the encore. Until next time!

hutch

« Reply #2923 on: March 29, 2018, 09:39:12 am »
I don’t know how to post pictures no more but pandy was in middle of list

It did seem like they played 90 minutes and split

I was surprised by the huge tour bus out back

Yada

« Reply #2924 on: March 29, 2018, 10:03:16 am »
I don’t know how to post pictures no more but pandy was in middle of list

It did seem like they played 90 minutes and split

I was surprised by the huge tour bus out back

I was wondering about that too... These guys are probably taking home about $48 a piece post show tour expenses.