Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268657 times)

Bagley

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2970 on: April 16, 2018, 11:19:48 am »
Saw the Feelies in Brooklyn for night 2 at Rough Trade. There's no reasonable explanation that they should sound that good and perform that well. They're pretty much freaks of nature at this point and God bless 'em for it. Glen Mercer's voice and performance alone was one of the best I've ever seen him do..his vocals sounded great. Terrific setlist too. About 34 songs. Can't wait to see them in June.

Both lists look wonderful.  The Feelies are like a fine wine....

My buddy attended a "rent party" in New Jersey last month. Brenda's band Wild Carnation played and she sang all the lead vocals.  He said she was amazing!

Can't wait for the June shindig.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2971 on: April 16, 2018, 11:26:17 am »
Saw the Feelies in Brooklyn for night 2 at Rough Trade. There's no reasonable explanation that they should sound that good and perform that well. They're pretty much freaks of nature at this point and God bless 'em for it. Glen Mercer's voice and performance alone was one of the best I've ever seen him do..his vocals sounded great. Terrific setlist too. About 34 songs. Can't wait to see them in June.

Both lists look wonderful.  The Feelies are like a fine wine....

My buddy attended a "rent party" in New Jersey last month. Brenda's band Wild Carnation played and she sang all the lead vocals.  He said she was amazing!

Can't wait for the June shindig.

I went to the Feelies' 40th anniversary Rent Party in NJ in 2016. It was an absolute blast. It was a cool venue, very old school 1920's. The Feelies were also selling copies of the Yung Wu LP at the show the other night...lots of cool new merch.

hutch

« Reply #2972 on: April 20, 2018, 09:01:12 am »
Anyone else see kilksally last night at Anthem?

vansmack

« Reply #2973 on: April 23, 2018, 12:14:34 pm »
Is that right? I could have sworn we met at a Social D show at one point. That IS odd if I'm wrong.

I think we were supposed to meet up in London for my bachelor party at one point, and I was flirting with meeting you and That Guy in South Dakota or some crazy place once, and that didn't pan out, so I don't think we ever worked it out. We'll have to fix that.
27>34

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2974 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:17 am »
Post Highwater Festival report.

Great sets, great weather, decent food, well-run festival. Seemed like there were around 20% more people there this year than last.

Highlights:

St. Paul & Bones - daytime performance, seemed very much more on it than when I saw on NYE at 9:30 club.
Brandi Carlile - had never seen her before, she was really great. Great songs, band, energy, and empowerment.
M. Ward - Had never seen before; really enjoyed.
Isbell - Never gonna change.
Shovels & Rope - it's their festival, and they delivered a great set, with at least a couple of new songs.
Ian Felice - sad songs solo(ish).
Jeff Tweedy - sad songs solo.
Old 97s - Had never seen before; fun-times.
Xiao Bao Biscuit - OKONOMIYAKI
Charles Town Landing - Rough Green Snake

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #2975 on: April 27, 2018, 10:17:49 am »
How was Beck? Setlist looked fantastic!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2976 on: April 28, 2018, 09:41:40 am »

I really enjoyed. Lots of great songs, shenanigans, and lights.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2977 on: April 28, 2018, 09:58:52 am »

I really enjoyed. Lots of great songs, shenanigans, and lights.
Great show. Thoroughly enjoyed.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2978 on: April 29, 2018, 02:21:16 pm »
Beck Recap:

Lines: D- (I will say the extra $20 for Super Excellent Seats was worth the value alone to sneak in a side door), however then sitting in a section where no one wanted to rage for Beck was a bit lame
Sound: C-
Soap and Water Dispensers in Bathroom: C+
Dinner at Del Mar Pre Show: Expensive but delicious, A-

Fun show, but wow the sound was utter shit for basically any song Beck was on guitar, very disappointing.

An additional gripe is that Beck didn't change much other than a few tunes vs. his show at MPP in 2014.

« Reply #2979 on: April 29, 2018, 04:15:19 pm »
Lines: D- (I will say the extra $20 for Super Excellent Seats was worth the value alone to sneak in a side door), however then sitting in a section where no one wanted to rage for Beck was a bit lame
Sound: C-
Soap and Water Dispensers in Bathroom: C+
Dinner at Del Mar Pre Show: Expensive but delicious, A-

Fun show, but wow the sound was utter shit for basically any song Beck was on guitar, very disappointing.
Countdown to a quinquagenarian whose only form of income is taking tickets at a venue crying and saying you’re attacking his family and asking for you to be banned in 4. . . 3 . . . 2 . . .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:17:42 pm by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2980 on: April 29, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
Yeah sound for Beck was crap....thought Anthem sound is supposed to be great?!
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #2981 on: April 29, 2018, 05:21:39 pm »
I don’t get julian’s Toxic personal attack per usual...

Artists get the sound they want- within limits- beck went for loud...musicians playing anthem have their own sound crews And control that stuff

hutch

« Reply #2982 on: April 29, 2018, 06:04:05 pm »
I don’t own or operate the anthem...just work there as an usher to see some of some shows for free...if anyone needs anything related to that I am more than glad to help...I happen to like imp but nobody is perfect

But I am sick and tired of the toxic shit Julian lobbies my way...calling me a crap father on multiple occasions was lame...making light of my child’s autism and other personal things in a letter he sent me and Kosmo  was lame...the whole bit about my “crap” House...it’s kind of stalker like and creepy

I just don’t come on here for that...I don’t need it

Arguing about music is one thing but the personal shit is lame...

« Reply #2983 on: April 29, 2018, 06:08:26 pm »
Bro, no one mentioned your name.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2984 on: April 29, 2018, 06:09:47 pm »
Right...sure

It was very clear who this was lobbed at